Double standard ???????

Thread: Double standard ???????

1. Double standard ???????

The New York Times Paid No Taxes in 2014 - Breitbart

NYT crucifying Trump for doing the same, legal things they did.

No one in their right minds will pay more than they have to, it's all political BS.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Well, Trump refused to talk about his taxes for his entire campaign. Now he is paying the price for it. A true Presidential campaign would have come clear months ago and set the record straight to avoid any October surprises. However, Trump is either a charlatan who doesn't know what he is doing, or he is a con man who does know what he is doing and this was his plan all along. Your choice. Either way, we are screwed.

The reporter from the New York Times already hinted that she has more. It is quite possible that she has rather significantly more damaging material than his tax return from 1995. Now what? It its close to impossible to do damage control in October. The only hope that Trump has, if he actually wants to win this race, is that Julian Assange releases something way more damaging about Hillary as an October surprise. Assange, however, just canceled hist Tuesday announcement amid security concerns.

That's right folks. Trump has screwed up so badly that only an Australian hiding in the Embassy of Ecuador in London can change the outcome of the US election now. Trump still has two more debates to go, where he can screw up even more.

Any business person will take every tax deduction that they can for their business and share holders, if they want to stay in business. Also he's paying all kinds of other taxes, State Tax, Property Tax, Sales Tax, just to name a few.
    Don't you take all of your tax deductions?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Any business person will take every tax deduction that they can for their business and share holders, if they want to stay in business. Also he's paying all kinds of other taxes, State Tax, Property Tax, Sales Tax, just to name a few.
    Don't you take all of your tax deductions?
    Right, and if he would have made that clear months ago this wouldn't be a story in the first place. This is Trump's Presidential campaign incompetence at its best. Now he has to set the record straight with only 36 days until the election. So far, he hasn't done that yet and I doubt he ever will. Instead, Trump's response will be more attacks that have either little substance, no relation to the Presidential race, or are just outrageously overblown.

First off, we DO NOT know what is in Trumps 2015 tax return. I also think trying to equate a 20 year old return with the current one is ludicrous. Trump is still learning how the political animal works. If he goes by what his opponent shares, I would say he is very transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar99 View Post
    First off, we DO NOT know what is in Trumps 2015 tax return. I also think trying to equate a 20 year old return with the current one is ludicrous. Trump is still learning how the political animal works. If he goes by what his opponent shares, I would say he is very transparent.
    You may have missed that, but Trump declared a $916 million loss in 1995 that could have allowed him to legally skip paying federal income taxes for years. It is a concept used by all corporations, known as writing off losses over time. It has been reported that the $916 million loss in 1995 could have allowed him to write of those losses for 18 years, i.e., until 2013. Theoretically, given Trump's other losses in various business enterprises, he may not have payed any federal income tax for decades.

Hillary has shared her tax returns, but that is not the issue. The issue is that Trump's tax returns are an unnecessary political time bomb. It was just a matter of time that someone would leak one or more of Trump's tax returns, preferably in October when there is little time to set the record straight.

It is a good strategy as a Presidential candidate to not shoot yourself in the foot. Trump just can't help himself and repeatedly does shoot himself in the foot. Let's see what is up his sleeves next.