This is where Donald Trump stands on gun control
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is where Donald Trump stands on gun control

By: Chris Sanchez
    Donald Trump has repeatedly accused his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton of stripping away gun rights.
    The GOP nominee's stance on gun control hasn't been very clear in the past and he has reversed his positions on the issue in recent years.
    One thing Trump's 2016 presidential platform is clear on is protecting the rights of gun owners and preventing any legislation that impedes their right to bear arms.
    The Republican candidate has railed against Clinton's proposals to tighten gun laws and impose certain restrictions on firearm sales.
    Here's where Donald Trump stands on gun control:
    Background Checks
    Trump asserts that an "overwhelming majority of people who go through background checks are law-abiding gun owners" and that too many states fail to properly put criminal and mental-health records into the database system.
    The GOP nominee wants to focus on fixing defective gun legislation already in place, instead of expanding on it in order to avoid infringing on the Second Amendment rights of Americans.
    "What we need to do is fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we donít need to do is expand a broken system," Trump says on his campaign website.
    Stop-and-Frisk
    During the first presidential debate the GOP nominee called for "law and order" and recommended using the controversial stop-and-frisk law implemented in New York, which allows police to randomly stop pedestrians and search them for weapons, in order to remove guns from the hands of criminals.
    In 2013, a New York judge ruled stop-and-frisk unconstitutional after it found that the law discriminated against African Americans.
    Trump asserted that the law helped curb gun-related violence and that crime has spiked since the law's removal. But data indicates that crime as whole actually fell nearly 8% between 2013 and 2016.
    Previously Trump suggested stop-and-frisk should be rolled out nationwide, but later walked back his statement and clarified it should be used in high-crime areas such as Chicago.
    Stop and Frisk
    In this Wednesday, June 20, 2012 file photo, Det. Anthony Mannuzza, left, and Police Officer Robert Martin, right, simulate a street stop during a training session at the New York Police Department's training facility in Rodman's Neck, in the Queens borough of New York, as the NYPD was re-training thousands of officers on how to do street stops amid a wave of criticism about the departmentís controversial stop, question and frisk policy. Associated Press/Colleen Long
    Assault weapons
    Trump claims legislation banning semi-automatic rifles and large magazines has been "a total failure," failing to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals. As such, he opposes restrictions on assault-weapon sales.
    "Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own," Trump's platform notes on his website.
    The GOP nominee appears to have changed his position on assault weapons since writing his book "The America We Deserve" in 2000. In it Trump wrote, "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun," PolitiFact notes.
    Trump recanted his statement during a debate in March when he was asked if he supported the ban, saying: "I donít support it anymore. I do not support the ban on assault weapons."
    NRA
    In May, Trump received an endorsement from the NRA, despite formerly supporting gun control. He has made no statements on the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act."
    Mental health
    Trump has called for expanding mental-health treatment programs as well as "fixing" our "broken" mental-health system that has allowed "red flags" to slip through the cracks. And while he has called for getting violent people "off the streets," he argues that regulations inspired by shooting incidents involving the mentally ill often penalize gun owners in the aggregate.
    'And why does this matter to law-abiding gun owners? Once again, because they get blamed by antigun politicians, gun-control groups, and the media for the acts of deranged madmen," Trump said.
    Trump has been unclear about how he would "fix" the mental-health system.
    Read More:
    This is where Donald Trump stands on gun control - Business Insider
    My Thoughts:
    Gun control is not about guns it is about CONTROL. When evil takes away your guns, evil will have all the control. Evil like Hitler, Castro, Gaddafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot and Kim Jong Il. If you don't know who any of these scum bags are look them up.
    Defend the 2nd Amendment, keep your right to bear arms.
    Obama and Hillary have both praised Australian & the Briton gun CONFISCATION. It was called a buy back but since the government never owned the guns they couldn't buy them back.
    Only law abiding people obey gun laws. Criminals don't obey any laws.
    Gun free zones are actually gun free KILLING zones.
    And remember Hillary's statement concerning the 2A,"If the 2A is a right" should tell you everything you need to know about where she stands concerning our gun rights.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

We had this discussion already. Trump's agenda is about maintaining status quo with a certain amount of big government CONTROL.

The form of stop-and-frisk that "allows police to randomly stop pedestrians and search them for weapons" is a 4th Amendment violation.

The list is missing the stupid national reciprocity.

Compared to what Hillary will do if allowed to select 4 or 5 supreme court justices and an unknown number of federal court justices who will change our country for the next 45 years, I'd think you as a gun owner wouldn't even consider Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Compared to what Hillary will do if allowed to select 4 or 5 supreme court justices and an unknown number of federal court justices who will change our country for the next 45 years, I'd think you as a gun owner wouldn't even consider Hillary.
    I am just pointing out that we had significantly better options in the Republican primaries. For some reason, the Republican party selected a moderate Democrat as their candidate. At this point, it seems that it won't matter anymore as Trump is losing big time and now aims at taking the Senate down with him.

Well there's only two choices now, it's either someone who will restrict our gun rights or someone who will leave them alone, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Well there's only two choices now, it's either someone who will restrict our gun rights or someone who will leave them alone, it's that simple.
    Incorrect, there is no choice. Donald Trump managed to shoot himself in the foot so many times that he has simply no chance to win now. Unless WikiLeaks is going to release evidence that Hillary's e-mail server was hacked and classified information was obtained by a foreign entity while she was the Secretary of State, this race is over.

Donald Trump is a concealed carry permit holder and a lifetime member of the NRA. He will have a A+ grade.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Donald Trump is a concealed carry permit holder and a lifetime member of the NRA. He will have a A+ grade.
    And yet his 2A agenda does not include repealing any gun control measures. In contrast, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have a record on fighting for gun rights.

Not that this matters anymore. An A+ NRA rating doesn't mean much if the candidate is unable and unwilling to win. Now, we are stuck with Trump and have to face the fact that any other candidate could have won this election, just not Trump.

This is where Donald Trump stands on gun control-candidates.png

Within the next 2 years, "There will begin a time of great suffering, the kind that hasn't happened from the beginning of the world until now and certainly won't ever happen again." Be assured that regardless of who occupies the Oval Office after the next election, gun control will be the least of anyone's concern.

~ RAPTURE...Separation Of Church & State ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

11. There is only one reason that Hilary Clinton can ever get close to winning the election. Corruption, you very seldom see the Democratic party step back from a candidate. Where the Republicans run if there is the slightest bit of controversy. If the Republicans can't back their candidate they can never win.

I you think I am full of crap than tell me why HRC since the 70s has been involved in issues that a regular citizen would have been charged and convicted for. Or at least been unable to hold any meaningful position of power. Just look at the current state of affairs with law enforcement. Once there is a question of impropriety, people hit the streets and looting and rioting commences. With HRC it's just a right-wing conspiracy to stop her campaign. Really? Or even more suspiciously; all of a sudden several women come out saying Trump made inappropriate advances to them that no one was privy to. Come on now, I don't believe in coincidences. Do you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast