DEBATE FACT CHECK : Trump is Right, Hillary’s State Department Lost $6 Billion - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: DEBATE FACT CHECK : Trump is Right, Hillary’s State Department Lost $6 Billion

  1. Except for covert ops all payments/expenditures are made by either check, credit card or some form of wire or electronic transfer.

    Seems as if I remember plane loads of cash delivered to Iran . Some in US funds and some in other funds but ALL IN CASH

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Except for covert ops all payments/expenditures are made by either check, credit card or some form of wire or electronic transfer.

    Seems as if I remember plane loads of cash delivered to Iran . Some in US funds and some in other funds but ALL IN CASH
    AAAAND, all of it accounted for in the terms of the Nuclear Disarmament Agreement. All the funds returned in cash were funds that were the property of the State of Iran BEFORE the Revolution that overthrew the Shah....but by all means, bring up more irrelevant facts.

  4. I did not say it was not accounted for. The poster said no cash was used for spending funds and other forms were used for money transfers



    "Except for covert ops all payments/expenditures are made by either check, credit card or some form of wire or electronic transfer."

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Fact checks at Breitbart News Network
    Breitbart news fact checking? REALLY? why not just send us to the Trump website. Afterall the guy running Breitbart is Trump's campaign CEO right? There is no way they could be biased in their fact checking now is there? Come back when you can give us ACTUAL FACTS from someone other than one of Trump's boot lickers.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProG2 View Post
    Breitbart news fact checking? REALLY? why not just send us to the Trump website. Afterall the guy running Breitbart is Trump's campaign CEO right? There is no way they could be biased in their fact checking now is there? Come back when you can give us ACTUAL FACTS from someone other than one of Trump's boot lickers.
    Yeah. You say that but you can't back it up, because Brietbart is not the only Fact Checkers that say Clinton lost 6 million as Secretary of State.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Yeah. You say that but you can't back it up, because Brietbart is not the only Fact Checkers that say Clinton lost 6 million as Secretary of State.
    From Snopes.com

    Hillary Clinton Lost $6 Billion at the State Department? : snopes.com

    WHAT'S TRUE: An inspector general's report criticized Hillary Clinton's State Department for improper record keeping on $6 billion in government contracts.

    WHAT'S FALSE: The $6 billion was never "lost," "missing," or "misplaced."
    Here are 2 valid fact checking sites I found in a 5 minute search that aren't Trump propaganda rags. I can find more but these should suffice.


    From Politifact - Note the comment in bold underlining.

    Pants on Fire: Trump lawyer tweets meme accusing Clinton of murder | PolitiFact

    ‘$6 billion lost at the State Department’

    This echoes reports from many conservative pundits and outlets (and some nonpartisan news sites) about a State Department Inspector General alert in March 2014.

    The alert warned that files for over $6 billion worth of contracts from 2008 to 2014 — spanning the entirety of Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013 — "were incomplete or could not be located at all."

    A spokesman for the Office of the Inspector General told PolitiFact the alert speaks for itself, but many seemed to misinterpret what it actually said. The confusion prompted Inspector General Steve Linick to pen a clarification in the Washington Post.

    "Some have concluded based on this that $6 billion is missing. The alert, however, did not draw that conclusion," he wrote. "Instead, it found that the failure to adequately maintain contract files — documents necessary to ensure the full accounting of U.S. tax dollars — ‘creates significant financial risk and demonstrates a lack of internal control over the Department’s contract actions.’ "

    In other words, the State Department was terrible at paperwork. The $6 billion figure refers to the total amount affected by file mismanagement. It’s akin to spending $20 on lunch and losing or not asking for a receipt. Documentation over where that $20 went was lost, but not the $20 itself.

    So the State Department under Clinton, who wasn’t mentioned in the alert, may have been financially disorganized, but it didn’t "lose" $6 billion.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,275
    Howdy,

    Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Except for covert ops all payments/expenditures are made by either check, credit card or some form of wire or electronic transfer.

    Seems as if I remember plane loads of cash delivered to Iran . Some in US funds and some in other funds but ALL IN CASH
    It wasn't the American Taxpayers' money so there are different rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by MilProG2 View Post
    AAAAND, all of it accounted for in the terms of the Nuclear Disarmament Agreement. All the funds returned in cash were funds that were the property of the State of Iran BEFORE the Revolution that overthrew the Shah....but by all means, bring up more irrelevant facts.
    Yeah, they missed that part.

    Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

  9. #28
    MilProg2 sites nothing but left-wing sources that have been proven many times to be run by Left-wing Liberal operatives. Snopes.com are the worst examples of a Fact Check web site. Politico is just as bad. No one should ever use them as reference, ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast