Donald Trump Speech in Gettysburg, PA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Speech in Gettysburg, PA

GOP nominee delivered major address on priorities for first 100 days in office.
    WATCH LIVE: Donald Trump Speech in Gettysburg, PA | LifeZette
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. Exercise in futility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with every one of the 28 things he outlined. He has hit the nail right on the head.

You hear anti-Trump idiots saying, "Trump never says anything specific", well all of you anti-Trump people, here's what you've asked for and ask yourselves this, which one is better for our country Trump or Hillary.

16 days until the election and he wasn't very specific in this speech either. It is easy to promise to voters what they want to hear. It is very difficult to explain how to realize those promises.

Those who actually listened today may have noticed a couple of things, such as we are going to pay for the wall and then ask Mexico to reimburse us. This is the first time Trump has mentioned this since he announced running for President on June 16, 2015.

As usual, he said that he will repeal and replace ObamaCare, but he hasn't said with what. He also wants to propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress, but doesn't say how he plans to accomplish passing it. He plans a lot of spending and tax cuts, by the way.

A few clarifications today should have been made very early on in the champaign to avoid some of the numerous controversies, such as "suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur". It Trump would have use this wording, instead of "ban all muslims", there would have been no controversy about this and Hillary would have had a tough time to defend her position on Syrian refugees.

The "details" are here for anyone to read: 100-Day Plan To Make America Great Again. This is too little, too late. It all was preceded by yet another stupid series of comments that now lead the headlines: Donald Trump vows to sue his accusers, lashes out at media. This guy simply can't stay on message.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    16 days until the election and he wasn't very specific in this speech either. It is easy to promise to voters what they want to hear. It is very difficult to explain how to realize those promises.

Those who actually listened today may have noticed a couple of things, such as we are going to pay for the wall and then ask Mexico to reimburse us. This is the first time Trump has mentioned this since he announced running for President on June 16, 2015.

As usual, he said that he will repeal and replace ObamaCare, but he hasn't said with what. He also wants to propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress, but doesn't say how he plans to accomplish passing it. He plans a lot of spending and tax cuts, by the way.

A few clarifications today should have been made very early on in the champaign to avoid some of the numerous controversies, such as "suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur". It Trump would have use this wording, instead of "ban all muslims", there would have been no controversy about this and Hillary would have had a tough time to defend her position on Syrian refugees.

The "details" are here for anyone to read: 100-Day Plan To Make America Great Again. This is too little, too late. It all was preceded by yet another stupid series of comments that now lead the headlines: Donald Trump vows to sue his accusers, lashes out at media. This guy simply can't stay on message.
    That would be because Trump is INCOMPETENT.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProG2 View Post
    That would be because Trump is INCOMPETENT.
    No argument here. It's Crooked vs. Dimwit 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

I agree, Trump screwed the pooch with the comment about suing the women and the media, as usual everything got put in the back burner and the so called unbiased media jumped all over that statement. But think about this, has Hillary come out with a speech that talks about all the items that Trump did?

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I agree, Trump screwed the pooch with the comment about suing the women and the media, as usual everything got put in the back burner and the so called unbiased media jumped all over that statement. But think about this, has Hillary come out with a speech that talks about all the items that Trump did?
    No, because she doesn't have to anymore. There were 3 debates where Trump had the chance to make his case. In none of these debates, Trump discussed anything of substance that would make anyone question Hillary's plans (whatever they actually are --- we simply don't know and assume a lot). Remember when it came to the 2nd Amendment in the last debate? Hillary said that the Heller decision was wrong. Trump had no substantive reply, such as what the Heller decision was really about and not what Hillary made the viewers believe it was about. Even an Internet gun buffoon can make this argument:

Understand that the speech today wasn't Trump's ideas for the country, it was his advisors' and speech writers' ideas. I have come to the conclusion that Trump doesn't really have many ideas, hence the dimwit comment.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Trump doesn't have any ideas of his own, sure he has advisors and writers, but tell me who doesn't at that level of politics. Trump has said he will surround himself with qualified people to help him make the right decisions, which is what every president does (hopefully). Trump couldn't have gotten where he is by being stupid though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast