Tim Kaine: "Catholic Church Will Be Banned From The U.S.” - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tim Kaine: "Catholic Church Will Be Banned From The U.S.”

As an evangelical Christian (independent Baptist), I don't look forward to any theocracy other than what Jesus heads up at the Millennium, which is not yet.

"...Hillary Clinton is a shining example of honesty, integrity and democracy..." (from Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”, the source of Ringo's article).

Kaine must know a different Hillary Clinton than the one in the news.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Taxpayers pay for all of the Planned Parenthood abortions. Funny thy call it Planned Parenthood and then kill the babies so there are no parents. Late term abortion is done by pulling the babies head out of the womb and punching a hole in the back of the skull and suctioning the babies brain out of it's skull and killing the baby. Anybody considering abortion should have to watch one in person.
    If the mass killings and Islamic terror attacks are unspeakably evil, then how evil are we as a nation for killing 60 million of our own babies since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973? The truth is that we are a nation full of mass killers, we call evil good and good evil, and those that celebrate our slaughter are elected to the highest offices in the land. The blood of our murdered children cries out from the ground against us, and there's no possible way that America will ever be “great” again as long as we continue to ruthlessly take the lives of our unborn. The Democrats nominated for president a woman that has made "The right of a mother to choose to murder her baby in her womb" one of the pillars of her long political career. Hillary Clinton’s hands are drenched in the blood of unborn children. No one claiming to be a Christian can support a leader who wants to do this, as Christians, we can never support such abomination. As long as we continue the mass killing of the unborn in this country, it isn’t going to matter who is running this nation. Every time we murder another child, we curse ourselves, and I don’t know if there are words to describe how evil we have become. If we continue on the same path that we are currently on, then we are going to deserve every ounce of what is about to happen to us.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If the mass killings and Islamic terror attacks are unspeakably evil, then how evil are we as a nation for killing 60 million of our own babies since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973? The truth is that we are a nation full of mass killers, we call evil good and good evil, and those that celebrate our slaughter are elected to the highest offices in the land. The blood of our murdered children cries out from the ground against us, and there's no possible way that America will ever be “great” again as long as we continue to ruthlessly take the lives of our unborn. The Democrats nominated for president a woman that has made "The right of a mother to choose to murder her baby in her womb" one of the pillars of her long political career. Hillary Clinton’s hands are drenched in the blood of unborn children. No one claiming to be a Christian can support a leader who wants to do this, as Christians, we can never support such abomination. As long as we continue the mass killing of the unborn in this country, it isn’t going to matter who is running this nation. Every time we murder another child, we curse ourselves, and I don’t know if there are words to describe how evil we have become. If we continue on the same path that we are currently on, then we are going to deserve every ounce of what is about to happen to us.
    Tell you what, pro-choice people might acknowledge the validity of that position if your side were to push for a few things. Try pushing for more robust social programs that provide better food, shelter, education, and living conditions for poor mothers and children. THEN you can talk to me about your morality, until then, you're pro-birth not pro-life. Try pushing for easier access to contraception and better sex education to prevent unneeded abortions in the first place rather than pushing abstinence only programs that are statistically proven failures. Until then you're just a pharisee pushing a holier-than-thou agenda. Try showing empathy for the victims of rape, incest, and medical emergencey first by understanding the horrible tragedy a woman faces through such circumstances. Once you couple those positions with your pro-life agenda, show an understanding beyond your own myopic view and show a true example of God's mercy, rather than a judgement YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO, THEN AND ONLY THEN will you be entitled to speak to me of God's judgement.

In my experience, fundamentalist evangelicals are guilty of at least as many sins as the people they judge, and in some circumstances they raise hypocrisy to an art form at a whole different level.

How about People stop having unmarried and unprotected sex so the are no babies to be aborted. Abortion in America has become to increase at an UNGODLY rate. It is still a SIN.
    Over 60 MILLION babies slaughtered. How could anybody commit such a crime against God? Hell has to be a bigger place than Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    How about People stop having unmarried and unprotected sex so the are no babies to be aborted. Abortion in America has become to increase at an UNGODLY rate. It is still a SIN.
    Over 60 MILLION babies slaughtered. How could anybody commit such a crime against God? Hell has to be a bigger place than Heaven.
    Right, because telling people to stop having sex has worked so well throughout history. The abstinence only model has worked like never, however I can show you a privately federally funded program that was recently concluded in Colorado that gave girls access to free contraceptives and sex education for five years. Guess what happened? Unwanted pregnancies and abortions were actually reduced by 40% or more. Here's a link to an article detailing the success of the program. THAT is how you reduce unnecessary abortion, not slut shaming women at abortion clinics, and not living in fantasyland saying "Don't have sex or you're going to heck!" Facts don't care about morality, and most people will have sex and abortions when and where they want regardless of your fantasies about preventing either. The difference is that liberals want to have an honest talk about both subjects rather than shoving them under a rug and pretending there is not a need for either.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProG2 View Post
    Tell you what, pro-choice people might acknowledge the validity of that position if your side were to push for a few things. Try pushing for more robust social programs that provide better food, shelter, education, and living conditions for poor mothers and children. THEN you can talk to me about your morality, until then, you're pro-birth not pro-life.
    What makes you think Christians don't already do those things? Christians and Christian organizations have always been at the forefront of helping the poor, sick and marginalized people. They establish and run hospitals, clinics, shelters and programs for women and children.

Try pushing for easier access to contraception and better sex education to prevent unneeded abortions in the first place rather than pushing abstinence only programs that are statistically proven failures. Until then you're just a pharisee pushing a holier-than-thou agenda.
    There is plenty of education about contraception and access to it available. People just don't bother using it. Not to mention, contraception is not foolproof.

Try showing empathy for the victims of rape, incest, and medical emergencey first by understanding the horrible tragedy a woman faces through such circumstances.
    Again, I don't know where you get information that pro-life Christians don't have empathy for victims. That certainly hasn't been my experience with Christians.

Once you couple those positions with your pro-life agenda, show an understanding beyond your own myopic view and show a true example of God's mercy, rather than a judgement YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO, THEN AND ONLY THEN will you be entitled to speak to me of God's judgement.
    God's judgment on our nation will happen whether or not you grant it entitlement.

In my experience, fundamentalist evangelicals are guilty of at least as many sins as the people they judge, and in some circumstances they raise hypocrisy to an art form at a whole different level.
    Every human is guilty of sin. Some sins are more visible but they all fall short of the glory and holiness of God.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProG2 View Post
    Right, because telling people to stop having sex has worked so well throughout history. The abstinence only model has worked like never, however I can show you a privately federally funded program that was recently concluded in Colorado that gave girls access to free contraceptives and sex education for five years. Guess what happened? Unwanted pregnancies and abortions were actually reduced by 40% or more. Here's a link to an article detailing the success of the program. THAT is how you reduce unnecessary abortion, not slut shaming women at abortion clinics, and not living in fantasyland saying "Don't have sex or you're going to heck!" Facts don't care about morality, and most people will have sex and abortions when and where they want regardless of your fantasies about preventing either. The difference is that liberals want to have an honest talk about both subjects rather than shoving them under a rug and pretending there is not a need for either.
    MilPro: Your alter ego is showing again and is still judgmental in favor of the Liberals. With all the freedoms you are advocating, where is the individual responsibility that goes with them? Are the recipients of the government largess free from making good choices in their lives? If they make bad choices, is it incumbent on the rest of us to pick up the pieces of their messes? I don't think so, however, contrary to what appears to be your thoughts, we (those who do try to follow our Lord) do try to help those who have been caught up in the underbelly of our evil world. My church, as most churches, is against abortion and, in many places, has set up facilities to assist those with unwanted pregnancies. We provide food and counseling for the needy, and each year, provide a Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings to those same people. We also help the mentally handicapped all over the U.S. You do not seem to acknowledge that we do assist our brothers and sisters as we can. We try to help them, not take them to raise! What have you or your friends done for them? Or, are you just in a habit of casting stones at others?

Sex seems to be the prevailing argument here so, lets get down to the nitty gritty. Am I responsible if a woman gets pregnant through sex, illicit or otherwise? Are you? There again, we go back to individual responsibility, you play, you pay. I think most contraceptives can be acquired through county health departments so don't look for others to provide them. Do their own leg work. Becoming a parent, by accident or otherwise, means that the individual person has to grow up and accept the responsibility for the baby they helped create. They cease to be a child themselves and have to become responsible for themselves and the baby. As you implied, sex is more popular than sliced bread and peanut butter but there comes a time when a person has to accept the realities of life.

We do emphasize with victims of rape and incest, but we do not condone abuses of these acts, if questionable, as a basis for abortion. Medical emergencies require the consent of the mother or family for treatment so that burden is not on our shoulders. These situations are indeed tragic for the woman and I don't know anyone so callous and hard hearted that they will not make allowances in their time of need.

I am quite sure you will continue with your criticisms concerning our "failures" but, know this, we try to help. Can you say that?

I repeat...The Democrats nominated for president a woman that has made "The right of a mother to choose to murder her baby in her womb" one of the pillars of her long political career. Hillary Clinton’s hands are drenched in the blood of unborn children. No one claiming to be a Christian can support a leader who wants to do this, as Christians, we can never support such abomination. As long as the American people continue the mass murder of the unborn in this country, it isn’t going to matter who is running this nation. Every time we murder another child, we curse ourselves. I don’t know if there are words to describe how evil America has become, however, I do know that good has become evil and evil has become good and if America continues on the same path that it is currently on, then America is going to deserve every ounce of what is about to happen to it.

MARANATHA!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Tim Kaine is a Catholic that is against Catholics. Well, that certainly clears things up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast