If/When the Assault weapons ban comes back... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If/When the Assault weapons ban comes back...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    From my cold, dead hands.

Fortunately, I reside in a state that doesn't have a gun registry, so I don't have to worry about state or local authorities knocking on my door to take my weapons. And, since there's no federal gun registry, I don't see any feds coming to knock on my door any time soon.
    Actually any time you buy a gun from a FFL dealer you are registered. When the time is right and they are ready they will come.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    They will have to go to each FFL, pull the 4473s and THEN come get them. How many different FFL's have you purchased from?

Let them come, I sold all mine the week before the ban! Plus if it comes down to it a lot of the dealers I've talked to makes me think that the Fire Dept is going to very busy...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

wolfhunter Guest
    RH, did you sell all yours to a guy who used to post here, JWTwollet?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    RH, did you sell all yours to a guy who used to post here, JWTwollet?
    Every single one of them...
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

wolfhunter Guest
    Then I'm sure they'll be turned in appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Actually any time you buy a gun from a FFL dealer you are registered. When the time is right and they are ready they will come.
    Ha! The joke's on them. I no longer in the same place I lived when I purchased my firearms. So let them come looking if they want!

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, isn't data on gun purchases currently available only to law enforcement agencies who are doing an investigation? Yeah, I know everyone's going to say that this could change under the Obama administration, but if what I'm saying is correct, then this isn't registration in the sense that I am accustomed to with people's republics.

Also, in states where the CCW permit exempts permit holders from the NICS check, they aren't on the hit list either, so the feds don't even know.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

If I put in an order with LMT or Bushmaster like Right Freaking Now and they've got a 6 month lead time... And a ban goes into effect in March, do I get grandfathered?

Quote Originally Posted by Pele View Post
    If I put in an order with LMT or Bushmaster like Right Freaking Now and they've got a 6 month lead time... And a ban goes into effect in March, do I get grandfathered?
    Most likely if they get some in stock prior to the ban. If Grandfathered then all firearms that are in stock or on the way to the wholesaler should be good to go since the transactions were done prior to the ban.

11. As for registration, let's be realistic. Even with a CWP exemption, you ARE on file. And now with ATF pushing THEIR software to fill out and file the 4473's, the database is more easily searched. They want your SSN for a reason. Even if you move, your SSN moves too. Don't think for one minute that ATF wouldn't get access to the Treasury's information (they're both under the same department). As for CWP's, they do an FBI check on you before they issue it. There too they have youe SSN. If they come after weapons, they're going to take the list of CWP's and search our houses too.....whether or not you have ever purchased a firearm. The information is already in databases. All they're looking for is the legislation (repeal of Tihart, etc.) to put it all together in ONE database. And that's just the first step. It becomes a slippery slope from there. Next, you have to obtain a national CWP. Then (or simultaneously) a permanent ban on assault style weapons is put into effect. Then the push to take away all those that are CURRENTLY owned too. No point in having something that's been permanently banned. Take the database and go get them. And while they're taking all those banned firearms, they check for any other illegal actions and profile each person for future use. And so it continues until we have NO firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens.
    That may be a far fetched senario, but think about it. One step at a time. Each one being seemingly innocuous to us. Until it's too late and we've lost it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast