Cheryl Mills Loses Immunity, Could Be Prosecuted for Perjury - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheryl Mills Loses Immunity, Could Be Prosecuted for Perjury

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I guess you simply don't get it. The FBI has now multiple different search warrants for this laptop. Anything they find that hasn't been published by WikiLeaks would be usable in court. Anything that has been published by WikiLeaks before the search warrant was issued is highly problematic. Read post #4 on why that is. Any decent defense lawyer will try to get e-mails that have been published by WikiLeaks before the search thrown out. Any prosecutor with a brain will not base his case on such evidence.

The e-mail mentioned in the OP was published on October 25. The search warrant for the e-mails found on the laptop shared between Wiener and Abedin was issued on October 31. Hillary and Abedin were not even addressed by this e-mail, so it is unlikely that this e-mail would be on this laptop anyway.

So, back to your OP. Cheryl Mills certainly could lose immunity, but can not be prosecuted for the e-mail in the OP. WikiLeaks essentially provided a Get Out of Jail Free card for Cheryl Mills by publishing this e-mail.
    I don't think any of the emails on the Wiener laptop have passed through WikiLeaks, if that has any bearing on y'all's exchange. I believe most of the Mills revelations have come out due to scrutinizing the Wiener laptop, so I think it's all usable stuff. Usable to what end is anybody's guess, but not likely to be thrown out as fruit of a poison tree in any case. I admit, I could be mistaken though. I've had a hard time keeping up lately and I'm just going from what I heard in the background, or at least going on what I think I heard.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I don't think any of the emails on the Wiener laptop have passed through WikiLeaks, if that has any bearing on y'all's exchange. I believe most of the Mills revelations have come out due to scrutinizing the Wiener laptop, so I think it's all usable stuff. Usable to what end is anybody's guess, but not likely to be thrown out as fruit of a poison tree in any case. I admit, I could be mistaken though. I've had a hard time keeping up lately and I'm just going from what I heard in the background, or at least going on what I think I heard.

Blues
    The OP is only about one specific WikiLeaks e-mail. The Wiener laptop got thrown into this discussion by opsspec1991 as he was running out of arguments and wanted to change the subject of this thread in post #3. He repeated this nonsensical argument in post #13. I don't think we have seen any Mills revelations yet from the Wiener laptop. None of these e-mails are public and no FBI leak has been about Mills. This entire laptop discussion is pretty pointless as it doesn't relate to the WikiLeaks e-mail in the OP.

This thread has been progressing the same way opsspec1991's arguments and sources progress. They just make stuff up on the fly and see what sticks. Once an argument is defeated by facts, something new and unrelated is thrown in that is supposed to make sense and bolster the original argument. It doesn't. Only time will tell what the Wiener laptop investigation will reveal. As for the WikiLeaks e-mail in the OP, we know that it can not be used in court.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The OP is only about one specific WikiLeaks e-mail. The Wiener laptop got thrown into this discussion by opsspec1991 as he was running out of arguments and wanted to change the subject of this thread in post #3. He repeated this nonsensical argument in post #13. I don't think we have seen any Mills revelations yet from the Wiener laptop. None of these e-mails are public and no FBI leak has been about Mills. This entire laptop discussion is pretty pointless as it doesn't relate to the WikiLeaks e-mail in the OP.

This thread has been progressing the same way opsspec1991's arguments and sources progress. They just make stuff up on the fly and see what sticks. Once an argument is defeated by facts, something new and unrelated is thrown in that is supposed to make sense and bolster the original argument. It doesn't. Only time will tell what the Wiener laptop investigation will reveal. As for the WikiLeaks e-mail in the OP, we know that it can not be used in court.
    No problem, and my apologies for not following the course of the thread before piping in. I rarely if ever open a thread when I see that opsspec started it, unless and until I see that someone I am interested in reading was the author of the most recent post. In this case that person happened to be you, but I didn't go back and start at the beginning like I should have. Oops.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Giving Comey's statement today, I guess all the wishful thinking about Wiener's laptop was just that, wishful thinking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123