The real truth with the Electoral College
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real truth with the Electoral College

There's much talk about abolishing the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote. What say you?

America is not a democracy. I know that may shock some people, including some one-world order president's we've had in the last 30 years. Democracy is the rule of the majority, irrespective of the law. Similar to what we have seen in the White House over the past ten years-might makes right, ignoring the laws that don't suit the agenda because you can. That's not America's Constitutional form of government. The US is a representative Republic. A Republic is governed by elected representatives according to the rule of law. This unique concept of American government is carried through to the Electoral College to ensure that all people are fairly and equally represented in the presidential election.

Our American form of government is actually derived from Exodus 18:21 where Jethro advised Moses: "Moreover you shall provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens." There are 435 elected representatives in the House of Representatives. There are two senators per state, totaling 100. Likewise, there are 535 electors plus three for Washington, DC., in the Electoral College. As provided by Article 2 of the Constitution, Electors cannot be officeholders, and 29 states plus Washington DC require their electors to vote for the winner in their jurisdiction.

The Electoral College was established so that there would be fair representation of the states in the presidential election. Keeping the Electoral College is smart because population centers could control who becomes president. For example, New York and California could get together and control every election with the populations they have, but the Electoral College prevents that and ensures that the people in every state are represented. It's not fair or right to have immense blocks of the population have more of a say than those who live in less populated areas. The representation of the vote should be commensurate with representation in Congress. This is how a Republic ensures the rights of all of its citizens.

There have been five times in US history where a president has lost the popular vote, but won the presidency-John Quincy Adams in 1824; Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876; Benjamin Harrison in 1888; George W. Bush in 2000; and Donald J. Trump in 2016. In this year's election, it would appear that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by about a million votes, although media outlets are not reporting official results as yet. The Electoral College prevents a candidate from running up the score in a specific area to win an election. It means that your vote counts whether it is in New York or Montana. The Electoral College stands in the breech against anarchists and communists taking over the presidency by vote stacking in various states and big cities.

Bill Wilson - Daily Jot -
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

If the Electoral College is abolished, the country will be run by about 8-10 states and none of the others would have a say. States like California, New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania, because of population, would have a lock on the White House and Congress.
    As a resident of Delaware, were we only have 3 counties, we see this regularly. The 2 lower counties are bigger by land mass, but smaller by population(Wilmington). So no matter who we vote for down state, the one smaller county upstate(which only accounts for about 20-25% of the state) always out votes us. Now if we had a electoral system and each county had 2 electoral votes it would even things up.
    I use to be against the Electoral College, until I understood the reason behind it. Those "Founding Fathers" were pretty smart.

The DNC was expecting the Electoral College to pull Hillary's bacon out of the fire in case she lost the popular vote. That didn't work and, contrary to figures, she did not win the popular vote either. And even with three million plus illegal votes, she lost. Guess she can go home and write her memoirs. Barbara Boxer is supposed to have introduced legislation now to do away with the Electoral College. If they can't cheat one way, they'll try another. Damn, must be tough to be a Democrat today!

5. So much of our constitution is setup to protect the individual against tyranny of the majority. It's a wonderful document. I remember SC Justice Ginsberg commenting it wouldn't be what she would counsel a new government to use today. I took that as an insult.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I still say the Constitution is dead as a door-nail and that it doesn't matter a wit who's President or which pretenses of "constitutionality" are kept in place to fool the masses into believing otherwise. There is no America anymore, at least not as-constituted, and if it's not as-constituted, then it is no more. Trump will march towards globalism and progressivism just as Billary would have, whether anyone makes any moves on the Electoral College or not. This is all Kabuki Theater. None of it means nothin' to the survival or restoration of the United States.

That's what say I.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. The EC results in one person not equaling one vote. My vote counts more in NH than it would if I lived in Florida. This is due to the way the Senate is made up where tiny Wyoming has as many Senators as California. Not the most logical setup today IMHO, but them's the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldodds3 View Post
    The EC results in one person not equaling one vote. My vote counts more in NH than it would if I lived in Florida. This is due to the way the Senate is made up where tiny Wyoming has as many Senators as California. Not the most logical setup today IMHO, but them's the rules.
    Every state has as many Senators as California. Is that news to you?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

9. The real truth with the Electoral College

That is the very basis of my point. Sorry if you are confused.

Last edited by Aldodds3; 11-18-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Correct typo

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I still say the Constitution is dead as a door-nail and that it doesn't matter a wit who's President or which pretenses of "constitutionality" are kept in place to fool the masses into believing otherwise. There is no America anymore, at least not as-constituted, and if it's not as-constituted, then it is no more. Trump will march towards globalism and progressivism just as Billary would have, whether anyone makes any moves on the Electoral College or not. This is all Kabuki Theater. None of it means nothin' to the survival or restoration of the United States.

That's what say I.

Blues
    +1
    I don’t know if there are words to describe how evil America has become, however, I do know that the American citizenry has become so corrupt that good has become evil and evil has become good, and between America's stance on homosexual perversion and it's continued mass murder of the unborn in this country, it isn’t going to matter who is running this nation, there's no possible way that America will ever be “great” again. As I've said many times here on this forum, "ISRAEL is God's Prophetic Timepiece", and because Americans would rather take the word of man than God, the path that it is currently on, the years 2017- 2018 will be of serious consequence for America, and America is going to deserve every ounce of what is about to happen to it, regardless of who occupies the Oval Office. For those who are ignorant of Scripture, God has given us the exact date (month,day & year) that the Last Generation will begin (Matthew 24:32-35), and the exact timeline of year that life as we know it on this planet will cease to exist (Psalm 90:10). The only thing that God has kept secret is the day & hour of the Blessed Hope (Rapture of His Church), however, He has made it perfectly clear that the Rapture will happen prior to the 7 years of the Tribulation.

After enduring 8 years of a pro-Muslim, anti-Israel president, you can well imagine Benjamin Netanyahu's excitement at a Donald Trump presidency. I firmly believe that it will be Trump's very support of ISRAEL that God will use to usher in some dramatic fulfillment of end times events. When Trump moves the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, get ready to fly because this move will put an end to any further attempts to divide Jerusalem and the creation of a Palestinian State and be the trigger for several prophetic events such as the Psalm 83 War, Isaiah 17, Ezekiel 38-39, and Daniel 9:27. Knowing that we're already 68 years into this Last Generation of 70-80 years, and the Tribulation begins shortly following Ezekiel 38-39, and the Rapture is most likely to occur 2-3 years prior to the 7 years of Tribulation, if you have something you want to get done for the Lord, do it now.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

11. Won't happen. Any of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast