"Liberty Movement" Gives Way to Sycophancy and Establishment Orthodoxy

Thread: "Liberty Movement" Gives Way to Sycophancy and Establishment Orthodoxy

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

"Liberty Movement" Gives Way to Sycophancy and Establishment Orthodoxy

So what has become of the "Liberty Movement" during this election season? You know, the same movement that went armed in droves to Bunkerville a couple of years ago, and realized a huge and unexpected victory in Burns, OR just a few short weeks ago? Or the movement that said they wanted Trump because he was an outsider and had no debts/favors to repay to establishment hacks like...oh...I don't know, Romney, Priebus, Sessions, Bolton, Huckabee, Ayotte, even freakin' Obama himself? Where are the liberty activists who should be raising more ruckus across the country than is being raised by leftist protestors in Portland and NYC because Trump actually said he didn't want to "hurt" the Clintons and had no plans to investigate and/or prosecute them anymore? How did Obama go from the worst President ever to someone Trump will seek "counsel" from in the future? How does repeal and replace of ObamaCare work if he's going to keep at least two national mandates from ObamaCare in place?

Anyway, here's a video. Listen to it. If you hear yourself being described within it, it is not intended to be a compliment. You should set about the difficult task of self-reflection, introspection and changing whatever's wrong with you if you can't hear the truth and wisdom in what this lady is saying:

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

In case you're wondering, it's difficult to put together (or organize) a coherent liberty movement when so many rights have already been compromised or just plain been given away by Obama and Bush:

All the Infrastructure a Tyrant Would Need, Courtesy of Bush and Obama - The Atlantic

Many people are protesting and moaning and complaining about Trump before he even assumes office, but they forget that they turned a blind eye while Obama signed off on NDAA 2012 (and then reauthorized its provisions again and again) which allowed for indefinite detention of citizens without charges or trial. When lawyers from the Korematsu Center for Law and Equality (representing WWII Japanese internees and families) filed a brief supporting the plaintiffs in the Hedges v. Obama case which tried to get this overturned, the Obama administration's legal team attacked them viciously, recommending that the courts ignore their arguments. In the end, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to so much as consider Hedges v. Obama -- despite three attempts by the plaintiffs.

Then there is the example of Obama's killing of American citizens (outside of any conflict zone) and the apparent inability of courts to care about it.

Now tell me, what can liberty activists do (outside of withhold or minimize the amount of funds they make that are sent to the state) in the face of such wanton disregard for our rights?

We have elected someone new. Is he inclined to liberty? Not exactly, no. Is he inclined to reduce federal regulation and unconstitutional executive orders and laws? That was part of his platform. Let's see if he is able to do some of that. We can certainly hope so. I will continue to write his team to suggest certain orders, regulations, and laws I think should be added to the list of things that need to be revoked and rescinded.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot else that liberty activists can do, and have been doing, individually:

Participating in virtual currency initiatives
    https://bitcoin.org/en/support-bitcoin
    or timebanks
    CommunityCurrenciesLaw.org | Tax Exemption for Time Banks and Currencies
    or trying other ways of reducing the amount of your income that the state was allowed to grasp and utilize for its nefarious purposes
    How To Resist | National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee

Undoubtedly this will still continue.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    In case you're wondering...
    I ain't wonderin' about nothin'. I'm callin' out Trump voters for the brain-dead sycophants they are/were. As I said,

"Anyway, here's a video. Listen to it. If you hear yourself being described within it, it is not intended to be a compliment. You should set about the difficult task of self-reflection, introspection and changing whatever's wrong with you if you can't hear the truth and wisdom in what this lady is saying:"

Did you listen to it? If so, why are you responding to me with all this tripe? Why not address what the lady is saying?

Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    Now tell me, what can liberty activists do (outside of withhold or minimize the amount of funds they make that are sent to the state) in the face of such wanton disregard for our rights?
    The lady is saying that the "movement," such as it was pre-election, has all but disappeared post-election, and that they are sitting silent as the "outsider" Trump brings in establishment hack after establishment hack to fill vacancies in the upcoming administration that are as important as any in protecting and promoting liberty issues. You say something about "giving" him a chance - I say you already did that by voting the liberal-turned-conservative-opportunist into office. He had his chance to make a good first impression, and Reince Priebus was instead his first failure, with several more establishment-types following on his failure heels.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Trump was a creation of some marketeer's wild imagination, perhaps even his own. You bought the creation, the creation will continue to destroy the fabric of this country, but you want to give it a chance beyond its' creation of an all-establishment administration to prove itself unworthy of anymore chances. And then make suggestions about what I should do to further a dead Liberty Movement? Pffft. It'll be a cold day in Hell when I start taking suggestions from just another voter.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

My friend, independent of what "the new boss" does (or does not do), liberty is in action all over the world. I mentioned to you that liberty activists regularly engage in virtual currency initiatives, timebanks, and other ways of denying the state income that it would otherwise have for its nefarious purposes.

Let me show you graphically what is happening as people shed use of fiat (state-backed) currencies and choose use of bitcoin just as one example. (There are over 700 decentralized, distributed virtual (not corporation-state backed) currency systems in use around the world - bitcoin is just the one that has the most people using it today.)

Fiatleak - watch the world's currencies flow into bitcoin in realtime

Note the currency bar in red below the countries which shows the currency (such as US dollar) that people are shedding / exchanging in order to obtain bitcoin. US dollar and Chinese yuan are right now the biggest two currencies being exchanged for bitcoin, although it actually is being purchased all over the world.

The present market capitalization of bitcoins in circulation (total, around the world) is $11,908,463,816 (nearly 12 billion dollars), and the 24-hour transaction volume is equivalent to $224.9 M, so it is not small.
    https://coinmarketcap.com/
    Measured in terms of money supply, that means that the total market cap of bitcoins is actually a more significant force in the market today than is the total money supply of Estonia, Costa Rica, or Iceland, as examples.

In other words, our little "libertarian experiment" with a currency system not backed by any country is more powerful than many countries.

And you can take that "to the bank" (but without needing a bank as an intermediary, by the way).

Cheers

p.s. You may also want to note that some people exchange some of their bitcoin for gold to diversify their holding, which they can do without using any state-backed currency. Doing this with Vaultoro is beneficial because Vaultoro does not expose the user to FATCA reporting requirements.

If you are choosing a bitcoin wallet for the first time, do not choose Coinbase, Bitpay, or other "easy to use" web wallets as these regularly report information to the U.S. government (just like banks do about their users).

Instead, use Electrum (free, installable, has everything controlled by you with no "service" to hold your information) or Trezor (a hardware wallet which you would need to pay for and obtain, but which is extremely secure), or Armory (free, installable, has everything controlled by you with no "service" to hold your information, and has excellent features which include, for advanced users, the ability to broadcast transactions over the radio when there is no internet, grid is down, and SHTF).

If you are looking to buy bitcoin with your dollars without having to go through a centralized service (avoid all centralized services, for your own good!) use Mycelium local trader or Bitsquare. These are decentralized exchanges that because of how they are structured do not rely upon banks and financial institutions and thus do not result in your information being reported to anyone.

Feel like spending some of that bitcoin and not just holding it?
    Bitcoin Black Friday is upon us and hundreds of merchants participate in it.
    Not to mention that there are too many people accepting bitcoin to count (here's a partial list).

Have US dollars and want to use them for liberty? Make a donation (tax-deductible!) to Firearms Policy Foundation today!
    (I do this periodically.)
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf