Mattis among front-runners to be Trump's defense secretary

Thread: Mattis among front-runners to be Trump's defense secretary

By: Jeff Schogol
    Retired Marine Gen. James Mattis, a decorated war-time commander considered a deity by many troops and veterans, is on the short-list to run the Pentagon in the Trump administration, according to media reports.
    Mattis is meeting with President-Elect Donald Trump on Saturday, the Associated Press is reporting. Bloomberg reported Friday that Trump is looking at Mattis and retired Army Gen. Jack Keane as possible nominees for defense secretary.
    If nominated, Mattis would need a waiver from Congress to become defense secretary because he has not been out of uniform for seven years, per Title 10 of the U.S. Code. It is possible Mattis is meeting with Trump to offer advice on who Trump should pick as defense secretary.
    Mattis could not be immediately reached for comment on Friday. He spent 44 years in the Marine Corps and retired in 2013 after leading U.S. Central Command.
    For service members, having Mattis serve as defense secretary could be a consolation prize of sorts. In a Military Times survey earlier this year, more than half of the 948 troops surveyed said they believed Mattis running for president would be a positive development.
    Read More & watch Video:
    https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/art...-lead-pentagon
    My Thoughts:
    He's my number one pick, Semper-Fi, Ooh Rah General.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I wouldn't bet on who will get what job in the Trump administration. Nobody is a front runner until Trump himself announces who will be where. Yesterday I heard on a "news site" that Mike Huckabee was to be the Ambassador to Israel. Then last night he was on fox news and said it was false and he knew nothing of the sort. There are so many "false stories" being released, and some by the Left just to cause confusion, and to support their message of confusion in the Trump transition team. The only true confusion is than the Left took a direct broadside hit in the 2016 election. They are in the worst shape they have ever been in in my lifetime. They are drowning and there are no lifeboats. They are grabbing for anything that appears to float.

It's amazing how the stupid biased media is crying their eye out that Trump isn't naming members of his staff fast enough, hell, if you look back, there were quite a few presidents that didn't name anyone for weeks after the election, Obama didn't name anyone until Thanksgiving.

The Left follows the old principle of if you have nothing of value to say, just say anything.

Thought this was pretty funny, Some people won't get the humor in this post.

Mattis among front-runners to be Trump's defense secretary-120p.jpg

Mattis is the MAN!