Ammunition Accountability Act
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition Accountability Act

Ammunition Accountability Act

Here's one to chew on... it's my understanding that if this passes (and if any individual states pass this it'll be a trial balloon for national legislation), pre-act ammo will be illegal begining sometime in 2011.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

They're going to try and get us one way or the other.
    Last edited by MI .45; 01-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Yes I have contacted my senator and he wrote me a nice letter assuring me that he would oppose any bill that would attempt to restrict our 2A rights. In AL it is known as senate bill 541 and will be coming to the floor this year.

Can you provide another link? The one you provided is not showing up for me.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Here is the original thread posted by Bohemian;

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

Where is Bohemian anyway? Haven't seen him around in awhile.

I had forgotten about this. I even posted on that thread. Anyway, that was two months ago. Any information available on the status of these bills in each state?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I posted information on the Georgia version in the state forums. Although each states may very somewhat, they are all worth keeping an eye on and writing reps to let them know the bill should not be passed.

Posted new link in the original post. Should work now.
    Obviously, some of you were already on to this but it was new to me.
    I'm writing my state & federal congressmen as well.
    Last edited by MI .45; 01-08-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Even if this bill does manage to pass in one or two states, the resultant can of worms it'll open up will be so terrible that it'll get repealed within a year or two of passage. When law abiding citizens, either at the range or in self defense, use pre act ammo in self defense, they could be completely in the right and still get prosecuted for possessing ammo that was legal when the purchased it, and that they did not know is currently illegal. It'll be a nightmare.

Benjamin Franklin

Ours got buried after it was introduced. Too many pro 2A reps and senators in Columbia to let it see the light of the day.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Ours got buried after it was introduced. Too many pro 2A reps and senators in Columbia to let it see the light of the day.
    Maybe those pro 2A reps could impart their wisdom upon the antis in our country's people's Republics, if for no other reason, so that they get to keep their jobs.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast