Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists

The musings of one's travels through ignorance...................
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

"Even the basest animals know not to take a dump where they eat,"

Obviously you have never been on a cattle farm. I tend livestock, hogs and chickens, and they all ***** where they eat. Have a nice supper.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    "Even the basest animals know not to take a dump where they eat,"

Obviously you have never been on a cattle farm. I tend livestock, hogs and chickens, and they all ***** where they eat. Have a nice supper.
    Only if they're raised by those who are animals themselves.......in this case it explains a lot.

5. Quote Originally Posted by grydog View Post
    Only if they're raised by those who are animals themselves.......in this case it explains a lot.
    Grydog, or should we continue to call you GreyHound?

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by grydog View Post
    Yep, that sure explains a lot.

Paul

P.S. It's kinda hard to believe that Modern Man has had no effect on the climate. For instance:

In 1950 there were 2.54 Billion people on Earth. Today there are 7.9 Billion.

Today there are 1,000Xs more motor driven vehicles on Earth than there was in 1950.

Same thing for the number of square feet of concrete and asphalt covering the surface of Earth.

Think all that asphalt doesn't matter? Which is going to be cooler in August on a cloudless day at 2pm?

A 5 acre asphalt parking lot or a 5 acre grassy meadow?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Global Climate Alarmist are all idiots. Do you really think whem God made the Earth, he didn't know humans would be living here. I'm pretty sure he made a never ending planet. It even says in the Bible, "World without end". Oh, I forgot, they don't believe in God. But they do believe in Mother Earth, Idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Also amusing that the same beliefs also claim that JC is returning and it all going to be over. So which is it.... earth and man goes on forever, or Armageddon?
    First is Armageddon, next is the Second Coming of Christ & The Millennium, after the Millennium is the White Throne Judgement of unbelievers . Following the White Throne Judgement God will create a new heaven and a new earth, a world without end.

Revelation 21
    A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

World Without End

Do you remember the Mayan Calendar hub-bub of 2012?

The end of the world was scheduled for Friday, December 21, 2012, according to the Mayan calendar, as analyzed by some. Many scenarios of what supposedly would happen on that date for months–even years— were predicted by the purveyors of doom for Planet Earth. The Mayan “prophecy” went basically as follows.

The Mayan civilization was extremely advanced in mathematics, engineering and astronomy. They also had an incredible understanding of time and space. Various calendars were in use to track time in linear progressions within cycles. The “Great Cycle” of the “Long Count” calendar equated to 5,125.36 years. The Current Great Cycle was due to be completed on the winter solstice of 2012, December 21. So, it was interpreted that on that day, the Great Cycle would end, Time would end, so the Earth would end as well.

The Mayan “Long Count” concluded on the very day the sun lined up with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. It was said that this stellar event occurs every 25,800 years. The end-of-the-worlders predicted that a number of cataclysmic things would occur at 11:11 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on December 21, 2012.

A polar shift of planet Earth would occur, bringing about every sort of tectonic plate shift imaginable, thus oceans washing over all the land masses and perhaps the earth, itself, ripping apart in some way. This was the direst of the predictions, I suppose.

Well, not exactly, on second thought. There was also some sort of planet that was hidden from view from astronomers by our sun, according to some who held to the December 21, 2012, date with destruction. That body might suddenly be in direct collision course with the big blue marble on the Mayan prophecy date in question it was postulated. Such a collision would eclipse even the polar reversal in terms of the severity of impact upon life on Earth.

There are many who prepared for such an eventuality as predicted. Some bought/built underground shelters and did many other things to survive. At the time I heard of these things, I missed something in their thinking, I’m afraid. How does one survive an Earth-size, even moon-size object colliding with Earth? Or for that matter, how in the world–pardon the pun—does one survive when the big ball on which we live suddenly turns upside down? Oh, I’m sure there were the experts who would chide such an ignorant perspective as mine as completely not understanding the physics of such a thing, should it happen.

They would be right. I didn’t even come close to comprehending what would be the chances of survival in such an event. I remain dumbfounded over those who believe a Mayan prophecy–or any other such soothsaying of a now extinct civilization. I am as perplexed over their believing such “prophecies” as many of those doomsday believers were and are now berating and non-accepting of Bible prophecy. To most of these, Nostradamus, or even Rasputin, are given almost mesmerized validation, while Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, and Ezekiel–and especially Jesus Christ—are pushed to the back of the line with regard to credence given to those considered to be prophets.

To determine which of the prophets should be given the label of the true prophet, one needs only to consider history of the Jews. The Jews–the nation Israel—exist despite millennia of attempts to scour their likes from the planet’s surface. That attempt continues. Yet, the nation Israel–the Jewish race—is at the center of attention, a blessing to all of mankind, while being hounded and hunted throughout the eras of human history.

Biblical prophets have both chronicled this traversing of history by the eternal Jew and have foretold their place at the very end of the age and beyond. In every instance, the foretellings can be traceable as 100 percent on the mark, right to the present moment.

Here’s what a couple of God’s prophets, one an Old Testament prophet and the other a New Testament prophet, have to say about the Earth and its longevity: “But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else” (Isaiah 45:17-18).

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen” (Ephesians 3:20-21).

Get it?
    It is a world that will never end! It will be changed; it will be transformed at some future point. But, it is a world without end!

- Terry James -

~ In America Today, It's Considered Worse to Judge Evil Than To Do Evil.The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Do you even own a bible to read? If you did, you would know Isaiah 24 and Revelations 21:1, oh and in Isaiah 24, pay close attention to verses 3 - 5.

If you truly knew the bible you speak of, you would be citing verses on stewardship such as Leviticus 25:23-24, Psalm 50:10, Psalm 107:33-34, and finally Revelation 11:18 where he says what he will do to those who do not take care of his creation.

If you truly read your bible as you claim, you would know that stewardship of this planet means tending it as you would a garden. It does not say to poison the air you breathe, water you drink, and soil you grow your food on. Even the basest animals know not to take a dump where they eat, however some humans are obviously too dense to have learned this lesson.
    The Earth was made for man, not the other way around. Yes GryHounnd, er, grydog, man should be a good steward, however, same question to you..."Do you even own a bible to read? If you do, for a better understanding try reading the whole Bible instead of just part of it, for then you would know Genesis 8:22, and, regardless of mans failure pertaining to planet earth, we have God's promise that He is ALWAYS in control.

The flood washed away the race of wicked men, but it did not remove sin from man's nature, who being conceived and born in sin, thinks, devises, and loves wickedness, even from his youth, and that as much since the flood as before. But God graciously declared he never would drown the world again. While the earth remains, and man upon it, there shall be summer and winter. It is plain that this earth is not to remain always. It, and all the works in it, must shortly be burned up; and we look for new heavens and a new earth, when all these things shall be dissolved. But as long as it does remain, God's providence will cause the course of times and seasons to go on, and makes each to know its place. And on this word we depend, that thus it shall be. Genesis 8:22

Benson Commentary

(Genesis 8:22. While the earth remaineth)

Here it is plainly intimated that the earth is not to remain always: it, and all the works therein, must be burned up. But as long as it doth remain, God here promises the course of nature shall not be discontinued; but God’s providence will carefully preserve the regular succession of times and seasons. Seed-time and harvest shall not cease — To this we owe it that the world stands, and the wheel of nature keeps its track. See here how changeable the times are, and yet how unchangeable! 1st, The course of nature always changing. As it is with the times, so it is with the events of time; they are subject to vicissitudes, day and night, summer and winter, counterchanged. In heaven and hell it is not so; but on earth God hath set the one over against the other. 2d, Yet, never changed; it is constant in this inconstancy; these seasons have never ceased, nor shall cease while the sun continues such a steady measurer of time, and the moon such a faithful witness in heaven. This is God’s covenant of the day and of the night, the stability of which is mentioned for the confirming our faith in the covenant of grace, which is no less inviolable, Jeremiah 33:20. We see God’s promises to the creatures made good, and thence may infer that his promises to believers shall be made good also.

~ In America Today, It's Considered Worse to Judge Evil Than To Do Evil.The Liberal Progressive Child Murderers Always Manipulate Truth To Be Hate Speech. Never Let These Purveyors Of Infanticide Set The Terms In A Debate ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Earth was made for man, not the other way around. Yes GryHounnd, er, grydog, man should be a good steward, however, same question to you..."Do you even own a bible to read? If you do, for a better understanding try reading the whole Bible instead of just part of it, for then you would know Genesis 8:22, and, regardless of mans failure pertaining to planet earth, we have God's promise that He is ALWAYS in control.

The flood washed away the race of wicked men, but it did not remove sin from man's nature, who being conceived and born in sin, thinks, devises, and loves wickedness, even from his youth, and that as much since the flood as before. But God graciously declared he never would drown the world again. While the earth remains, and man upon it, there shall be summer and winter. It is plain that this earth is not to remain always. It, and all the works in it, must shortly be burned up; and we look for new heavens and a new earth, when all these things shall be dissolved. But as long as it does remain, God's providence will cause the course of times and seasons to go on, and makes each to know its place. And on this word we depend, that thus it shall be. Genesis 8:22

Benson Commentary

(Genesis 8:22. While the earth remaineth)

Here it is plainly intimated that the earth is not to remain always: it, and all the works therein, must be burned up. But as long as it doth remain, God here promises the course of nature shall not be discontinued; but God’s providence will carefully preserve the regular succession of times and seasons. Seed-time and harvest shall not cease — To this we owe it that the world stands, and the wheel of nature keeps its track. See here how changeable the times are, and yet how unchangeable! 1st, The course of nature always changing. As it is with the times, so it is with the events of time; they are subject to vicissitudes, day and night, summer and winter, counterchanged. In heaven and hell it is not so; but on earth God hath set the one over against the other. 2d, Yet, never changed; it is constant in this inconstancy; these seasons have never ceased, nor shall cease while the sun continues such a steady measurer of time, and the moon such a faithful witness in heaven. This is God’s covenant of the day and of the night, the stability of which is mentioned for the confirming our faith in the covenant of grace, which is no less inviolable, Jeremiah 33:20. We see God’s promises to the creatures made good, and thence may infer that his promises to believers shall be made good also.

Yes, I have read my Bible cover to cover multiple times. However, unlike you I also recognize that God gave man free will & reason. The last item is something you seem to have missed out on based on your responses and your willingness to blindly accept whatever you read by crackpot preachers who can write whatever they want on the internet. Tell me, what does sheep food taste like?

Yes, I have read my Bible cover to cover multiple times. However, unlike you I also recognize that God gave man free will & reason. The last item is something you seem to have missed out on based on your responses and your willingness to blindly accept whatever you read by crackpot preachers who can write whatever they want on the internet. Tell me, what does sheep food taste like?
    It's more than obvious that you've never read the Bible, period. It's far more difficult to hide your ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge, and the greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism. You're nothing more than a waste of time GryHounnd, always were, always will be.

~ God Hates Religion ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    It's more than obvious that you've never read the Bible, period. It's far more difficult to hide your ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge, and the greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism. You're nothing more than a waste of time GryHounnd, always were, always will be.

Says the apostate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast