House Republicans Form Second Amendment Caucus

Thread: House Republicans Form Second Amendment Caucus

House Republicans Form Second Amendment Caucus

Things are looking better for gun owners in the upcoming Trump administration.

“Caucus members will lead efforts in the House of Representatives to pass meaningful firearms legislation and protect Americans against infringements of the Second Amendment."
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

The first thing they need to do is study all the currently existing gun laws and repeal those that duplicate others or are useless. That'd be most of them.
    TANSTAAFL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    The first thing they need to do is study all the currently existing gun laws and repeal those that duplicate others or are useless. That'd be most of them.
    Actually, they need to repeal every law that limits, restricts or regulates gun ownership or carry (bearing) issues from the federal level, as the Second Amendment specifically prohibits federal intervention from imposing such legislation on The People.

This "caucus" is nothing less than another in a long line of bromides that gun owners will eat up as though it's miracle gun-rights food that will cure what ails them. If what ails them is truly Second Amendment violations by government, then government is the disease, not the cure. Gun owners have always considered that kind of undeniable logic as unworkable, starting with the NRA "...since it's inception." The NRA and every phony Second Amendment "supporter" who worships at their alter of deception concerning Second Amendment meanings and intentions will lick the boots of this oh-so-special "caucus" rather than root them out for the betrayers of the Second Amendment they are.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

5. So you are saying we need to go straight to armed revolution?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by flaco40 View Post
    So you are saying we need to go straight to armed revolution?
    I said exactly what I meant, and meant exactly what I said. If you don't see any allusions to armed revolution within my post, then the answer to the above question should be self-evident, just as what I did allude to, this bovine excrement "Second Amendment caucus," should be self-evident that that is what I meant to comment on.

Do you plan on creating your own meanings out of what people didn't say, rather than what they do say here on a regular basis? You're going to have difficulty fitting in if you do.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. Thanks for the heads up.