Ms. Sloane the movie

Thread: Ms. Sloane the movie

1. Ms. Sloane the movie

I just read the gun control movie ms Sloane cost 13 million to make and made less than 2 million at the box office. 😆😆

$13 Million invested, $2 million return is like a -65% loss. Probably financed by Soros or Bloomberg. Glad to see the SOB's going broke.

5. Yes I agree

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    $13 Million invested, $2 million return is like a -65% loss. Probably financed by Soros or Bloomberg. Glad to see the SOB's going broke.
    Math isn't really your strength, but then nothing really is.

According to IMDB, the budget was $18M, which is tiny in Hollywood terms. For comparison, Runaway Jury, another failed gun control movie, did cost around $60M in 2003 Dollars. That's about $79M in 2016 Dollars (inflation adjusted). It is likely that the participating actors in Miss Sloane took tiny salaries or forfeited their salaries, as many production staff members are unionized and have to be paid at a certain rate. Given this low budget, there would be no need to get a "heavy weight" involved in financing this. FilmNation Entertainment backed the financing for this endeavor and will be just writing off those losses, like every business does.

According to IMDB, the budget was $18M,

Not according to the article I read today. So mister know it all, did it ever occur to you that you could just once be wrong? edited
    Last edited by calvin; 12-13-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    According to IMDB, the budget was $18M,

Not according to the article I read today. So mister know it all, did it ever occur to you that you could just once be wrong? edited
    Making only $2M of a $13 Million investment is still not a "-65% loss" by any means. As I said, math isn't really your strength. Using your numbers, if the movie doesn't make any money from here on out, then about 85% of the investment ($11M out of $13M) would be lost.

Also, the Breitbart article you linked in your post #2 uses IMDB as a source. The same I used. The $13M number comes from a Deadline article that a variety of other news outlets, such as FOX, refer to. That $13M number, however, is before Prints and Advertising (P&A), as the Deadline article clearly states. The $13M number does not include TV advertising costs during the opening weeks, for example. The $18M listed by IMDB is closer to the actual full cost of producing the movie.

Your post has been reported.

PS: A negative loss is a gain and a negative gain is a loss.
    Last edited by calvin; 12-13-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Bottom line is, the movie is a two-thumbs-down loser.

10. I am just glad to see that people didn't see a movie about gun control as something that they wanted to see. I have had my faith in the American people shaken a lot. But this helps.

I may watch it someday if it's on during a free preview of hbo or Cinemax just to see what kind of nonsense they talk about...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk