It's the Most Wonderful Time in 8 Years! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's the Most Wonderful Time in 8 Years!

1. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I didn't say you "couldn't" post your opinions, I just correctly identified the ones you addressed to me as invalid.

My "pick" is to pull the scab off fast, not pick at it every day until it festers, becomes infected, turns into an abscess and the host body goes to war with itself trying to fight off the gangrene. In other words, everybody, regardless of who they vote for or support once they're installed in some "official" office, is going to fully understand first-hand what the citizens of the Weimar Republic went through in the 1930s, and we should, since the Biblical axiom still prevails, "7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7 KJV). This body called America is going to war with itself whether anyone knows it or not, believes it or not, or wishes for it or not. Our natural state is that of free men and women. Government not only denies us our God-given liberties, but it is about to cause us to literally starve with no food on the shelves to buy, and no cash or other coin of the realm to buy or barter with if there was. God wasn't kidding - we will reap what we have sown.

Hyperinflation is on the way. Bank runs will be forestalled by electronic triggers that shut everything down the very second the earliest runners set them off. Won't matter if you've got FRNs, gold, silver or bearer bonds either in your bank accounts or in your safety deposit boxes, the federal government will take it all as piddling payments to the entire world whose economies we also ruined when we allowed ourselves to be governed by the criminals who have been busy the last 200 years ruining ours. Trump is, was, and always will be a player in that game of no-chance. The fox is truly guarding the hen house, but since the hens had no value before he got there after 225 years of the banksters making sure only they control what has value and what doesn't, I don't blame Trump, I just despise the system that allows all of our liberties to be bought and sold on the open market that he has always worked in. I know you're old, so there's a chance you won't see it from this side, but the crash is coming sho' 'nuff, and there ain't a thing in the world that Trump or anybody else can do about it. Ringo illustrated succinctly above just one example of why Trump is powerless to do anything about it.

My "pick" is to depend on myself. There may be honest men and women in government, but not enough to change the system to what the Constitution and its founders intended it to be. Not enough good men and women to turn this country back to God. Government has no spirit, no soul, it only has force, and force is anathema to liberty. There's no strong, courageous patriots in citizen-organized militias gathering in the woods to swoop down and save the day, so we're left to fend for ourselves. Trump is literally meaningless in what's about to come. I pity those who don't understand that, or don't understand what's going on in the world around them. I've spent the last 20 some-odd years readying myself with stores, equipment, guns, ammo etc., but the last six or seven years I've done the truly important work that I have been promised will be my only salvation - readying my soul for what's about to come. Trump nor any other politician isn't even a tiny blip on my radar beyond soundbites and what I read on the couple of forums that I frequent anymore. He is meaningless to my life or my next life. I will never understand why politicians aren't meaningless to everybody who loves the freedom that God intended us to live with, but there it is.

Anyway, you asked, I answered. No need to get mad about it.

Blues
    You seem to suggest NO GOVERNMENT AT ALL would be the best thing for the USA.
    In some areas I tend to agree but not all of them.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    You seem to suggest NO GOVERNMENT AT ALL would be the best thing for the USA.
    In some areas I tend to agree but not all of them.
    I suggest that the USA is already dead, and that individuals have no real need for government at all even if there were still life in The Constitution. Some illegitimate semblance of government will always exist, but it's your choice to give two good craps about it, or more to the point, to worry about it. No politician is ever going to "save" this country. Only you can save yourself, which admittedly means different things to different people, but the mindset of being responsible for one's own self, by definition, doesn't include government in the mix. That's what I'm suggesting you (and anybody else reading this) do. Don't expect government, or by extension, politicians, to be either a negative or positive influence in your lives. Expect government not to matter a wit in whether you thrive, fail miserably at life, or join the vast majority who simply plod through life and exist until they expire. In any of those cases, government is irrelevant. Your life is yours to do with what you will, and mine is mine. As such, I am ungovernable, so government matters no more to me than I do to it.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I suggest that the USA is already dead, and that individuals have no real need for government at all even if there were still life in The Constitution. Some illegitimate semblance of government will always exist, but it's your choice to give two good craps about it, or more to the point, to worry about it. No politician is ever going to "save" this country. Only you can save yourself, which admittedly means different things to different people, but the mindset of being responsible for one's own self, by definition, doesn't include government in the mix. That's what I'm suggesting you (and anybody else reading this) do. Don't expect government, or by extension, politicians, to be either a negative or positive influence in your lives. Expect government not to matter a wit in whether you thrive, fail miserably at life, or join the vast majority who simply plod through life and exist until they expire. In any of those cases, government is irrelevant. Your life is yours to do with what you will, and mine is mine. As such, I am ungovernable, so government matters no more to me than I do to it.

Blues
    +1
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Blues
    Yet, you live in a country protected by the gov't military, protected from radicals by gov't intelligence agencies, ride on roads built and maintained by the gov't, use the internet, crap in toilets that flow into gov't run sewage systems, etc, etc. Yea, you are ungovernable! While I don't personally believe our current gov't is constructed as our founding fathers intended; the idea that we don't all use the gov't daily is , IMO, unrealistic. No offense intended and I sincerely hope you have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Yet, you live in a country protected by the gov't military, protected from radicals by gov't intelligence agencies, ride on roads built and maintained by the gov't, use the internet, crap in toilets that flow into gov't run sewage systems, etc, etc. Yea, you are ungovernable! While I don't personally believe our current gov't is constructed as our founding fathers intended; the idea that we don't all use the gov't daily is , IMO, unrealistic. No offense intended and I sincerely hope you have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!
    You're right about some of those things, roads mainly, but wrong about most. I'm at ~70% solar. Hope to be 100% before it's all said and done. The well is on my own property and the pump is already completely off-grid. No sewers at all where I live. Have to travel at least five miles (I think it's a bit further than that though) to find laid sewers, city or county-run treatment plants and the like. Everything out here is septic tank.

You really believe the government protects this country's citizens from radical mass killers? If you do, then even my off-grid TV watching provides better news than you're getting.

If the military were protecting The People of the United States, they'd all be here in the United States. No offense intended to any of them, I was young, dumb and a volunteer enlisted man once too, but they're not protecting The People, they're protecting the policies and agendas of government.

I pay for my internet to a private company. The government may govern (read: regulate) them, but I perceive no governance over my uses of what I pay for. Using companies who are regulated by government to claim that I am likewise governed is a stretch to say the least.

The hardest part of unplugging from government is the paying of taxes. Not impossible to achieve and still live a fairly modern, fulfilling life, but no doubt it is difficult. Not there yet, but unless we die way younger than the average American, Or Jesus calls me Home first, my wife and I will get there.

You're right to be skeptical of what I said before. No offense taken. It's a much harder life unplugging as much as one can from government, but it's also the free life that I was born to live, and as such, is much more fulfilling. Most people aren't willing to put the work in or pay the cost to be their own boss. I wasn't either for about the first 55 years of my life, but am now. Everyone is capable of doing it, just most aren't willing or inspired to do it. It may be just as difficult to get one's mind in the right frame as it is to physically take care and be wholly responsible for one's self. If you're interested at all, here's a link to get you started. The now-good-friend who first gave me that link has given it to hundreds of others over the years. It's a very long read, and an even longer commitment to fully absorb, understand and implement the strategies laid out there. My friend told me that 99 out of 100 never even crack it open, which makes me a 1%'er. FINALLY! After all these years of hard work, I've made it! You can too, or you can acquiesce to being a slave to government for the rest of your life. Totally up to you, as-is how you choose to live your life. To be free, one must make the conscious decision to be free. The government will never give you your freedom. You have to wrest it back one exertion of effort at a time. That link will tell you how and where to start. Good luck.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. No matter what or who most people will have to live with the government we have and I still believe we will be much better off with Trump in office than we would be with Hillary .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123