Obama does it again

Thread: Obama does it again

Obama does it again

Today he granted 231 pardons & commutations of his idea of low level crime individuals in prison, but if they were low crime, how come 49 of them were convicted of firearms .charges among their other offences.

Today this brings the total number of people that Obama has pardoned is 148 and has commuted the sentences of 1,176 individuals in prison. Some of the offences that they had committed were so bad that they were sentenced to life in prison, that my folks arenít low level crime individuals.
    I understand that there are some among these people might not have had the best defense attorney, but it all comes down to the fact that, if you donít do the crime, you wonít do the time.
    In Obama own guidelines for these people to be eligible for his actions were, they canít have had a criminal background and not used a firearm in the commission of the crime.
    As far as I can understand from the reports that were released today, if you use his own guidelines, over 60% of these people wouldnít be available to be considered for Obamas actions. So what giveís he isnít even his own guidelines when he is doing these actions.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Would you be so kind as to post the sources that you refer to in your OP? It's just much easier for readers to follow your points of interest if we can see the source data ourselves....

Yes I know I could just go Google it myself and try to find the exact source you used, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble please include your sources for us.

Please don't take offense to this reply. It's only a request to make it easier for the readers to vet out sources that are legit versus being bogus.

These figures were obtained from a TV news broadcast last night. I've seen other various items about this posted on FB today. If I find additional info I'll post it.

Believe me, you do NOT want opsspec1991's sources, even for the few legit things he posts.

This was reported by every major news outlet. Just google Obama Pardons or go directly to the corresponding DOJ Web page.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Believe me, you do NOT want opsspec1991's sources, even for the few legit things he posts.

This was reported by every major news outlet. Just google Obama Pardons or go directly to the corresponding DOJ Web page.
    Looked at your Obama Pardons site and the NY Times confirmed my total of 231 pardons & commutations, so tell me where my figures are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Looked at your Obama Pardons site and the NY Times confirmed my total of 231 pardons & commutations, so tell me where my figures are wrong.
    As I said in the other thread, you tend to make a fool out of yourself even when you are right. This post demonstrates it quite well. Did I say you were wrong?

Your post is possibly wrong as it is unsourced and some of the details may be very well made up based on the usual sources you use. That's why I said what I said. I don't have the time and energy to fact check every post you do. If you make an unsourced post, then you have to live with the allegation that it may be wrong based on the usual nonsense you post. You destroyed your own credibility in this forum. Live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I understand that there are some among these people might not have had the best defense attorney, but it all comes down to the fact that, if you donít do the crime, you wonít do the time.
    C an you please back up this statement with facts. Because there have been lots of cases overturned because DNA evidence proved that they jailed the wrong person. Those people did not do the crime but had years of their lives taken away unjustly.

Yes there have been mistakes, but the percentage of them are very small in comparison to the over all legal system. By Obama doing this, he is acting counter to his own requirements for 49 of them to receive anything.