Two Presidents?

Thread: Two Presidents?

Two Presidents?

I read an article on the editorial page of my newspaper where the author somewhat insinuated that after January 20, we will have two presidents in Washington. He referenced the eight bedroom mansion being rented by Obama, and from which he will attempt to control the Democratic party and continually undermine Trump. It seems as if Obama has no intention to relenquish any control to Trump but be a continual thorn in his side.

Oddly enough, Obama's actions can be construed to be seditious in nature and punishable by twenty years in prison. Oddly enough, there seem to be several sections under 18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES, for which Obama can be charged, as well as others. It will be interesting to see if Trump and the Republicans can rally the support to start procedeings against Obama.

18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
    US Code
    Notes
    prev | next
    2381 - Treason
    2382 - Misprision of treason
    2383 - Rebellion or insurrection
    2384 - Seditious conspiracy
    2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government
    2386 - Registration of certain organizations
    2387 - Activities affecting armed forces generally
    2388 - Activities affecting armed forces during war
    2389 - Recruiting for service against United States
    2390 - Enlistment to serve against United States
    2391 - Repealed. Pub. L. 103322, title XXXIII,  330004(13), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2142]

3. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I read an article on the editorial page of my newspaper where the author somewhat insinuated that after January 20, we will have two presidents in Washington. He referenced the eight bedroom mansion being rented by Obama (snip)
    You do understand that editorials are opinions? And that opinions can be based on nothing? A little critical thinking goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Jan. 20, we will have one President. Only one has the authority of President and Commander in Chief. Only one signature will have authority.

Anyone can act as a thorn in the side.

If Obama wants to act as an annoying hanger-on who can't deal with reality and has to be dragged out of the White House, so be it. It just makes him look bad. Let's hope he mans up and thinks better of this crazy plan (if indeed it's true).

Not a very secretive plan, if it is one.

5. Obama did one good thing he can be proud of. He has replaced Carter as the worse President in modern times or maybe forever

Quote Originally Posted by Inger19 View Post
    You do understand that editorials are opinions? And that opinions can be based on nothing? A little critical thinking goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gee, it has taken me 80 years to find that out! Yes, I do understand they are opinions and, as you say, a little critical thinking goes a long way. That is why it might behoove you to look into some more of the shenanigans Obama has pulled and what may be in store for Trump. Obama will never accept that he is not the actual president and will try to undermine Trump. Trump is going to have to remind him, in no uncertain terms, that he is a has been and give him a good spanking periodically to keep him out of his business. The Democrats are going to stir up as much trouble as they can which will require Trump to assert his authority and put down the rabblerousers!