No USN Aircraft Carriers deployed anywhere

Thread: No USN Aircraft Carriers deployed anywhere

By Faye Higbee
    The news from Fox was stunning: for at least the next week there will be no U.S. Aircraft Carriers deployed anywhere in the world, in spite of the threats to the United States.
    The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and its strike group left the Arabian Gulf for Norfolk, and is expected to arrive today, December 30. It’s supposed replacement carrier, the USS George H.W. Bush, is still in in the shipyard and not expected to deploy until sometime next year – after Trump’s inauguration.
    Was that a smart move? Whose idea was it? It all comes down to budget cuts.
    There have been short gaps in the carriers who deploy to the Arabian Gulf as one leaves and another steams toward assignment, this time ALL of them are gone from everywhere at once.
    Last year, the U.S. Navy utilized a French Aircraft Carrier to fill in the gap when the USS Theodore Roosevelt went home.
    Fortunately, on October 14, 2016 sailors and a plethora of US Marines deployed to the Middle East and Western Pacific aboard the USS Makin Island, amphibious transport dock ship, USS Somerset, and amphibious dock landing ship, USS Comstock.
    The Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group carries about 2,600 Marines from the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, and nearly 1,900 sailors, as well as the ‘Blackjacks’ of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 21 and detachments from Assault Craft Unit 5. The 11th MEU is based out of Camp Pendleton, California.
    Danger to the U.S.
    With tensions rising in the South China Sea, and attacks on US ships by Iranian vessels, it’s not a very good time reduce American naval forces in the Middle East or Western Pacific.
    At least with the Marine Corps at ready in the region, there is an fully capable alternative. They don’t call ’em “Devil Dogs” for nothing.
    Plus, the Navy says if they need a carrier, they’ll snag one out of the shipyard.
    Read More:
    No USN Aircraft Carriers deployed anywhere - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
    My Thoughts:
    Hard to believe, what kills me is how many are located in Norfolk all at once. Look’s too much like Pearl Harbor to me. That last sentence saying they’ll snag one out of the shipyard, is BS, I’ve been through ship yard periods for over hulls and you just don’t pull one out of there on a short notice, if they are needed. It would take months to put them back together and then they have to go through underway inspections to make sure what was done in the over hull is working, not to mention getting the air wing on board the carrier and men on the flight deck up to speed.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

I'm a Vietnam era carrier sailor (ships company), been through yard time also. This time of year half the crew is probably on leave, armaments off loaded, some air wings back at their land base, even food stores at minimum they rely on pier side stores deliveries.

The Reagan is home ported in Japan, 2 are down for extended yard time, leaving 7 in US ports, Norfolk (3), San Diego (2) or Bremerton (2).
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...scal-year-2015

"By the authority vested in me as President by the laws of the United States of America, and in accordance with section 251A of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act (the "Act"), as amended, 2 U.S.C. 901a, I hereby order that, on October 1, 2014, direct spending budgetary resources for fiscal year 2015 in each non-exempt budget account be reduced by the amount calculated by the Office of Management and Budget in its report to the Congress of March 10, 2014.

All sequestrations shall be made in strict accordance with the requirements of section 251A of the Act and the specifications of the Office of Management and Budget's report of March 10, 2014, prepared pursuant to section 251A(9) of the Act."

Yep.