How close the Illinios thing came to Obama - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How close the Illinios thing came to Obama

1. "Usually pretty reliable..." Well, then, everything's hunky-dory.

I grew up in Illinios

This is the way things have worked since Emperor Daly!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that he is dirty. The powers that are really pulling the strings will protect him as long as he plays ball.
    Pretty much the same thing that has been going on with Bush for the past eight years.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    When we don't "care about sources" we make ourselves just like our enemies who lie and cheat and fabricate in pursuit of their agenda.
    as in I don't need to hear them, as long as they appear in front of a grand jury and point at the perpetrator.

6. Quote Originally Posted by DocBoCook View Post
    as in I don't need to hear them...
    Well, I guess my background as a historian has corrupted me completely. I need actual, real sources to function intelligently, and "usually reliable," and "that's the way it works," and "I don't need 'em" don't seem to be reliable guides to me. Probably my fault.

We're going to be under a lot of scrutiny in the months ahead. I believe we need to raise the bar on our credibility and our honesty in the arguments that we are sure to be involved in. The Brady bunch and their despicable ilk do not hesitate to lie, distort, and fabricate about the Second Amendment. To win, we are going to have to hew a more honest line.

The responses I quoted above do not cut it. And they will make us look like idiots to our opponents.

Sorry, but that's the truth of it.

Credibility...follow the bouncing ball

Follow the bouncing ball
    1. 2002 Obama helps Blagovich get elected by campaigning for him.
    2. Blagovich moves from Congressman to Gov. of Ill.
    3. Emmanuel Rahm takes Blago's Congressional seat with a little help from Obama
    4. Emmanual Rahm is appointed as Obama's Chief of staff (COS).
    5. Blagovich tries to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder
    6. Blagovich is arrested on Federal Charges for corruption
    7. Emmanual Rahm is facing a nice little talk with a Grand Jury
    8. If he takes the fifth he will likely lose his COS appt.
    9. Blagovich will say whatever it takes to not be bubba's best girl in Joliet
    10. This ain't gonna be pretty for Obama, his cabinet and the DNC
    11. The transitioning President is brought up to speed on Govt. affairs
    12. He is able to sidestep legal issues by focusing blame on Blago
    13. Blago places Burris as Senator
    14. Dems play the race card to assure confirmation
    15. Obama slides away from chaos by using Burris and Blago as smoke screens.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

8. And you still can't provide a single, solid source for the item that started this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    Well, I guess my background as a historian has corrupted me completely. I need actual, real sources to function intelligently, and "usually reliable," and "that's the way it works," and "I don't need 'em" don't seem to be reliable guides to me. Probably my fault.

We're going to be under a lot of scrutiny in the months ahead. I believe we need to raise the bar on our credibility and our honesty in the arguments that we are sure to be involved in. The Brady bunch and their despicable ilk do not hesitate to lie, distort, and fabricate about the Second Amendment. To win, we are going to have to hew a more honest line.

The responses I quoted above do not cut it. And they will make us look like idiots to our opponents.

Sorry, but that's the truth of it.
    You are taking part, but not all of what I am saying. As long as the Investigating Commitee hears it, I'm ok as long as it's investigated

10. No, DBC, I am hearing everything you are saying. Loud and clear and in spades. You are saying that you are willing to leave it to some governmental body to make up your mind for you. That's not good enough for me. I want to know the facts, the sources, the backgrounds MYSELF. I guess the difference is that you trust government agencies and appointees to make the decisions, and I don't.

As 2A people we are going to have to do this ourselves and not leave it to others, who have, after all, not proven to be all that reliable tin the past.

No, my mind is made up, but I cannot by law do what I want to do (just like they by law of the Bill of Rights can't do what they want.) I'm saying it needs to come to light infront of us on CSPAN, not just talked about on a message board. When's the last time a Message forum thread changed the world?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12