National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced - Page 18
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

1. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Hope this helps you understand the process.
    I understand that what is happening is you, and those who are having wet dreams over getting PERMISSION to carry concealed across state lines, are not willing to entertain the perspective that Daddy Fed is not the answer but if any kind of national reciprocity based in the Commerce Clause is enacted it is Daddy Fed who will become more of a problem than Mommy State ever was.

Your driver's license can also be deemed under the commerce clause. Are you going to give that up too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Paranoid runs rampant here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Please provide cites and/or links to data that shows driver licenses are regulated under the Commerce Clause."

I did not say they were, I said they may be deemed, if the Government (Congress) passes a law or regulates it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Then why doesn't the fedgov "simply" write the law and leave the Commerce Clause out of it? What "commerce" is done simply by a citizen crossing a state line with property (a gun) that he already owns?
    Exactly Blues! 100%! It's amazing that these idiots can't see the pattern that is already set by the Federal government and their tool, the US Supreme Court, which has already allowed the Federal government to restrict the carrying of firearms in the Gun Free School Zone Act which is a prohibition based 100% on the Interstate Commerce Clause. The original GFSZA was struck down by the US Supreme Court as unconstitutional and all Congress had to do was add one magical phrase: "that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce" in order to appease the Supreme Court and prohibit the carrying of a loaded firearm, with very limited exceptions, within 1000' of a school - which pretty much neuters the reciprocity that current exists. Thousands, if not millions of Americans are committing a Federal felony every day if they are carrying based upon existing reciprocity. And hell - Wickard v. Filburn establishes the precedent that an object does not even have to cross state lines, EVER, in order for the Federal government to regulate it under an abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause.

Yet these morons don't see any chance of the same abuse happening if the Federal reciprocity law passes containing the exact same phrase which was added for the exact same purpose - to grant the Federal government the authority to regulate concealed carry permit recognition based upon an abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Exactly Blues! 100%! It's amazing that these idiots can't see the pattern....

...Yet these morons don't see any chance of the same abuse happening if the Federal reciprocity law passes containing the exact same phrase which was added for the exact same purpose - to grant the Federal government the authority to regulate concealed carry permit recognition based upon an abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause.
    I have concluded that many of them aren't idiots or morons. A significant percentage of them are dyed-in-the-wool statists. They love it when the state controls beyond the scope of their constitutional authorities the people around them. Whether generally hailing from the left wing or the right wing, they're collaborators with tyrants. If it were just simple ignorance, they would eventually come around to viewing this particular issue the way true Second Amendment advocates should be expected to view it. That might happen with the one newcomer, but he seemed pretty adamant that he knows the "truth" of our paranoia better than we know the history of abuses and usurpations of the fedgov, specifically surrounding misuse of the Commerce Clause. If he sticks by that premise, I won't berate him or ridicule him or probably ever address him again, I'll just write him off as a collaborator. We are, after all, at a point in our history where being able to identify an enemy is fast-becoming a survival skill.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    "Please provide cites and/or links to data that shows driver licenses are regulated under the Commerce Clause."

I did not say they were, I said they may be deemed, if the Government (Congress) passes a law or regulates it.
    Incorrect... what you said was:

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Hope this helps you understand the process.
    I understand that what is happening is you, and those who are having wet dreams over getting PERMISSION to carry concealed across state lines, are not willing to entertain the perspective that Daddy Fed is not the answer but if any kind of national reciprocity based in the Commerce Clause is enacted it is Daddy Fed who will become more of a problem than Mommy State ever was.

Your driver's license can also be deemed under the commerce clause. Are you going to give that up too?
    Bold added by me for emphasis...........

Nowhere in there is any mention of the qualifier of if laws are passed.

And no... you didn't say there were any cites and/or links. I asked you to back up your statement with cites and/or links which you didn't do.

Also, it would be appropriate for you to use the words "Originally posted by -insert name here-" when you quote someone. Doing so not only attributes what was said to who said it but makes it much easier for readers to understand what you are saying and the context that it is said in thereby preventing misunderstandings.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Exactly Blues! 100%! It's amazing that these idiots can't see the pattern....

...Yet these morons don't see any chance of the same abuse happening if the Federal reciprocity law passes containing the exact same phrase which was added for the exact same purpose - to grant the Federal government the authority to regulate concealed carry permit recognition based upon an abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause.
    I have concluded that many of them aren't idiots or morons. A significant percentage of them are dyed-in-the-wool statists. They love it when the state controls beyond the scope of their constitutional authorities the people around them. Whether generally hailing from the left wing or the right wing, they're collaborators with tyrants. If it were just simple ignorance, they would eventually come around to viewing this particular issue the way true Second Amendment advocates should be expected to view it. That might happen with the one newcomer, but he seemed pretty adamant that he knows the "truth" of our paranoia better than we know the history of abuses and usurpations of the fedgov, specifically surrounding misuse of the Commerce Clause. If he sticks by that premise, I won't berate him or ridicule him or probably ever address him again, I'll just write him off as a collaborator. We are, after all, at a point in our history where being able to identify an enemy is fast-becoming a survival skill.

Blues
    I suspect the majority of the national reciprocity supporters haven't looked, and don't want to see anything, past their selfish desire to have Daddy government graciously give them another privilege. They simply do not want to be confused with facts.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Sorry. It's pure paranoia.

National Reciprocity simply requires any state that issues permits to recognize all other state permits.
    Then there is foolishness. Do you really expect the governors and AG's of states like NY, CA, MD, MA, and others to say "oh OK" and you then carry into all of those states without issue?

If you do, please contact me for a deal on some ocean front property deal I can hook you up with in Kansas.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

10. I do understand how the legal system works, the separation of state and federal powers, and where and how these states will be educated. It won't be from people who run away yelling that the state AG won't agree, therefor we should do nothing.

The only way to eliminate the states infringing on our right to keep and bear arms is for the SCOTUS to interpret the Constitution in the context of a challenge to unconstitutional actions by the state.

That won't happen just because you wish yo be able to carry across state lines, that will only happen when the federal law is not adhered to and we sue the state to comply.

You can run away from the issue and accept state infringement all you want. I for one embrace the opportunity to see these issues challenged in a 2A friendly SCOTUS.

You can choose to simply complain about the status quo or work to change it.

If HR 38 is signed into law, the Trolls on this forum will be the first to take advantage of it and conceal carry nationwide. If they can qualify for a concealed carry permit in their home state. I'm betting some of these Trolls don't or can't qualify or have lost their legal permits due to infractions of the laws.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast