National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced - Page 19
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 243

Thread: National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

  1. #181

    National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

    Originally Posted by thewitt=

    Sorry. It's pure paranoia.

    National Reciprocity simply requires any state that issues permits to recognize all other state permits.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Then there is foolishness. Do you really expect the governors and AG's of states like NY, CA, MD, MA, and others to say "oh OK" and you then carry into all of those states without issue?

    If you do, please contact me for a deal on some ocean front property deal I can hook you up with in Kansas.
    Actually, I don't expect them to just "say ok". I don't think anybody does. Just like how anyone hardly expects them to accept our new president. They probably never will. Them whiny crybabies are probably gonna be whinin', cryin', cussin', kickin' the dirt, yellin' and screamin' if this goes through.

    I thought it was said somewhere that states don't necessarily have the right to reject out-of-state permits but maybe I'm wrong.

    But wasn't it you that said quite a while back about like, flying into one of these states or something with your gun that's perfectly legal in your own state but not where you're traveling to, something about saying because you'd have more than what that particular state allows for magazine capacity? Well, I think we'll all still have to abide by whatever bullpoo rules these states have. Just like for example, if you can carry in a bar where you live and not where your going, you'll just have to deal with it. If your state doesn't have a goofy magazine ban and say if your traveling to California who does, well, you'll have to not carry your gun that holds more than ten rounds.

    For the record, I'm still not saying whether I'm for this legislation or against it.

  2.   
  3. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    If HR 38 is signed into law, the Trolls on this forum will be the first to take advantage of it and conceal carry nationwide. If they can qualify for a concealed carry permit in their home state. I'm betting some of these Trolls don't or can't qualify or have lost their legal permits due to infractions of the laws.
    And there is that "I got a carry permit and I bet you can't get one so you are not as special as I am and what you say doesn't matter." elitism.

    The opponents of Commerce Clause based national reciprocity bills/laws are not trolling but are doing their best to warn folks of the danger of unintended consequences of handing the Federal government the power to regulate carry permits under the Commerce Clause.

    The fact that some folks are unwilling to understand that danger doesn't mean the danger isn't there.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  4. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    I do understand how the legal system works, the separation of state and federal powers, and where and how these states will be educated. It won't be from people who run away yelling that the state AG won't agree, therefor we should do nothing.

    The only way to eliminate the states infringing on our right to keep and bear arms is for the SCOTUS to interpret the Constitution in the context of a challenge to unconstitutional actions by the state.

    That won't happen just because you wish yo be able to carry across state lines, that will only happen when the federal law is not adhered to and we sue the state to comply.

    You can run away from the issue and accept state infringement all you want. I for one embrace the opportunity to see these issues challenged in a 2A friendly SCOTUS.

    You can choose to simply complain about the status quo or work to change it.
    On more than one occasion I have advocated working for Constitutional Carry on the state level. Working for Constitutional Carry on the state level (in your own state and joining with folks in other states) is NOT ..running away.. nor is it ...doing nothing.

    Working on the state level to gain Constitutional Carry is actually working to support the right to bear arms instead of working against the right to bear arms by strengthening government control through the Commerce Clause just so Daddy Fed will grant another privilege.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  5. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Sorry. It's pure paranoia.

    National Reciprocity simply requires any state that issues permits to recognize all other state permits.
    Then there is foolishness. Do you really expect the governors and AG's of states like NY, CA, MD, MA, and others to say "oh OK" and you then carry into all of those states without issue?

    If you do, please contact me for a deal on some ocean front property deal I can hook you up with in Kansas.
    The states with the most restrictive qualifying criteria just to get the permit in the first place will complain to Daddy Fed who will have the power to regulate carry permits through that Commerce Clause that since all states must recognize all carry permits then all carry permits should have the same qualifying criteria.

    Actually I would expect the residents of those restrictive states to join with their legislators demanding Daddy Fed step in and make the criteria for qualifying to have a carry permit the same nationwide. After all why should the residents jump through many hoops and pay many dollars to get their carry permit while someone who doesn't even live in that state gets to carry there after going through a very lenient and cheap qualifying process? I suspect there will be many online posts by folks from those restrictive states about how unfair that is.

    And I'm not talking about the carrying laws of the different states. I'm talking about the states demanding a standardized set of criteria that must be met before even being granted a carry permit.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  6. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I suspect the majority of the national reciprocity supporters haven't looked, and don't want to see anything, past their selfish desire to have Daddy government graciously give them another privilege. They simply do not want to be confused with facts.
    That premise, combined with the premise that many, if not most of them, are likewise statists of the first order, would explain their intransigence in accepting facts/reason/history/even warnings from Jefferson on this issue. Your explanation and mine are not mutually-exclusive ideas. They can, and I think they do to a large degree, exist side-by-side together with no problem.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I suspect the majority of the national reciprocity supporters haven't looked, and don't want to see anything, past their selfish desire to have Daddy government graciously give them another privilege. They simply do not want to be confused with facts.
    That premise, combined with the premise that many, if not most of them, are likewise statists of the first order, would explain their intransigence in accepting facts/reason/history/even warnings from Jefferson on this issue. Your explanation and mine are not mutually-exclusive ideas. They can, and I think they do to a large degree, exist side-by-side together with no problem.

    Blues
    I agree.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  8. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And there is that "I got a carry permit and I bet you can't get one so you are not as special as I am and what you say doesn't matter." elitism.
    I bet there are some states where a blind person could get a carry permit. No test, no class, no demonstration of even minimal gun handling/safety.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    If HR 38 is signed into law, the Trolls on this forum will be the first to take advantage of it and conceal carry nationwide. If they can qualify for a concealed carry permit in their home state. I'm betting some of these Trolls don't or can't qualify or have lost their legal permits due to infractions of the laws.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  10. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    See, that's pretty much how I feel but what the hell do I know.
    Nothing....

    That's what we've all been saying about you...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Nothing....

    That's what we've all been saying about you...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    You know... The next time you have a thought.... Let it go.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast