National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced - Page 21
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

Now with Judge Gorsuch on the SCOTUS, we have a 5 to 4 majority of conservatives. Now if we can get one or 2 more conservative judges on there in the next 4 years or so, our 2nd Amendment could just be intact the rest of our lives (30-40 years) which includes most of us.

Justice Gorsuch: Senate Confirms Trump's First SCOTUS Pick - Breitbart

3. You do know that the judges of the (not so)Supreme court are elected for life, right?
    Who the hell do you think is gonna retire in the next four years?
    Die.... maybe but don't hold your breath....

Actually, please hold your breath.... for at least one hour and fifteen minutes... at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Again, since you obviously missed it the first time

You can't even quote right genius, so sit'cho self down. You gotta sling the top of that slash in [\QUOTE] the other way wiseguy, make it a forward slash, not a backslash.

I fixed it above.

No. I didn't miss anything.
    Yeah, you did. You're so blinded by your own ignorance with your extreme interest with being a douchenozzle on here with your lewd comments that you never make sense. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to tell your ignorant arse this but again, I am not one of the people that is automatically supporting this. Are you listening this time? Writ it down? Stop accusing me of such. If you wanna jump up and down with those that are opposed to this legislation, at least have a little class like they do. Wouldn't kill ya.
    Your an old as dirt, selfish pig who want to throw us all under the bus just for your convenience.
    What part of Idiotville do hail from? I'm not old as dirt and second, I'm not throwing anybody under any bus so again, I do not have any idea where you keep coming up with this stuff.

Sound about right cupcake?

Cupcake?? Man, the ignorance is strong within you. Wow.

just what exactly

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    You guys don't seem to realize that you NEED government permission to carry concealed today.

Are you funding the groups trying to get all gun laws repealed, or are you just here bitching about the states removing your rights one by one without doing anything about it?

You can scream that the right to bear arms is a natural right, and that you don't want government involved, but the reality is government IS involved today, and you DON'T have the legal right to carry wherever you want today.

Who are the head in the sand stooges here?

Let me help,you out. It's not those of us trying to expand our rights and get closer to the definition in the Constitution.

Sitting and whining about it does nothing. Passing legislation that will ultimately get us in front of the SCOTUS to challenge state infringements does. Understand how government works, then make changes. That's how progress is made.
    Hey thewitt,

A lot of the people here whining, bitching and moaning will continue to do so no matter what argument you present. (Watch some of the replies to this comment I'm composing right now just as one example.) They don't want to admit it, but I think they are states' rights advocates. The same ones who say that you shouldn't have to get a permission slip to exercise a natural right (and I do agree... but I differ with them due to that there doesn't seem to be much reasoning going on in terms of how they present their argument, and no sense in making an argument without presenting actual logical, consistent, and defensible reasoning) will sit there and implicitly or explicitly argue that even something so benign as the act of the federal government repealing unconstitutional laws -- which anyone who understands the Constitution would understand is what the federal government is supposed to do -- is what they call a "Daddy Fed" action somehow stepping on the states. (They refuse to admit or acknowledge that states have no rights.)

If you try to suggest that some legislation (such as H.R. 38) would be a good thing as at least an intermediate step (I happen to support the idea of H.R. 38 as written), while we work towards a future where something like H.R. 38 would not even be needed, they fly off the deep end and go crazy, because they'd rather see people be arrested by the states and the feds for violating unconstitutional laws (remember, Shaneen Allen) rather than have someone ask the feds to repeal unconstitutional state or federal laws. This is in the "cut off our nose to spite your face" category. You see that a lot here.

Some of them say we shouldn't argue for H.R. 38 at all but they grudgingly suggest, implicitly at least, that national concealed carry is what we should strive for, something that would not require that we have to worry about reciprocity (imagine if everyone everywhere had no legal impediment to concealed carry, then there shouldn't be a reciprocity issue). However, when you start discussion about how that might occur in Congress, again with the screaming, and the crazed ranting begins again. Because, of course, according to some here, the federal government should do nothing, except "just interpret stuff properly." Whatever that means.

If you try to make an actual argument that makes sense here, you'll just get people here posting memes with pictures of monkeys, or skulls, or posting statements about how you (or you, and various other people) are just ignorant.

No point in making any argument here as one can see. Those that have continued to whine, ***** and moan about things are going to continue to do so. If all the members of Congress woke up tomorrow, got out of bed in the morning, and decided they would never enforce any unconstitutional laws ever again, the same people that have been whining, bitching, and moaning would find something to whine and moan about and they would likely bemoan the involvement of Daddy Fed in making decisions about the interpretations of the 2nd Amendment. Then they would turn around and suggest that the states "do something about it."

And God forbid we have a Republican majority in the House, Senate and President Trump in the White House with Gorsuch confirmed, all of which means pro-2A legislation (and lest we forget, cases which would repeal unconstitutional state laws in California and elsewhere) can move forward either in Congress or in the instance of the aforementioned cases, in the courts all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court. Because certain commenters here actually openly admit they don't want the federal government to try to defend our rights. It makes you wonder if they are anti-gun rights plants "participating" on this forum from Canada or France.

And now I will log off and watch the hateful comments commence.

But if you'd like, please write your Congresspersons, support H.R. 38, and also if you'd like, support my idea for a bill by signing and sharing this:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...estoration-act

thank you
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    Hey thewitt,

A lot of the people here whining, bitching and moaning will continue to do so no matter what argument you present. (Watch some of the replies to this comment I'm composing right now just as one example.) They don't want to admit it, but I think they are states' rights advocates. The same ones who say that you shouldn't have to get a permission slip to exercise a natural right (and I do agree... but I differ with them due to that there doesn't seem to be much reasoning going on in terms of how they present their argument, and no sense in making an argument without presenting actual logical, consistent, and defensible reasoning) will sit there and implicitly or explicitly argue that even something so benign as the act of the federal government repealing unconstitutional laws -- which anyone who understands the Constitution would understand is what the federal government is supposed to do -- is what they call a "Daddy Fed" action somehow stepping on the states. (They refuse to admit or acknowledge that states have no rights.)

If you try to suggest that some legislation (such as H.R. 38) would be a good thing as at least an intermediate step (I happen to support the idea of H.R. 38 as written), while we work towards a future where something like H.R. 38 would not even be needed, they fly off the deep end and go crazy, because they'd rather see people be arrested by the states and the feds for violating unconstitutional laws (remember, Shaneen Allen) rather than have someone ask the feds to repeal unconstitutional state or federal laws. This is in the "cut off our nose to spite your face" category. You see that a lot here.

Some of them say we shouldn't argue for H.R. 38 at all but they grudgingly suggest, implicitly at least, that national concealed carry is what we should strive for, something that would not require that we have to worry about reciprocity (imagine if everyone everywhere had no legal impediment to concealed carry, then there shouldn't be a reciprocity issue). However, when you start discussion about how that might occur in Congress, again with the screaming, and the crazed ranting begins again. Because, of course, according to some here, the federal government should do nothing, except "just interpret stuff properly." Whatever that means.

If you try to make an actual argument that makes sense here, you'll just get people here posting memes with pictures of monkeys, or skulls, or posting statements about how you (or you, and various other people) are just ignorant.

No point in making any argument here as one can see. Those that have continued to whine, ***** and moan about things are going to continue to do so. If all the members of Congress woke up tomorrow, got out of bed in the morning, and decided they would never enforce any unconstitutional laws ever again, the same people that have been whining, bitching, and moaning would find something to whine and moan about and they would likely bemoan the involvement of Daddy Fed in making decisions about the interpretations of the 2nd Amendment. Then they would turn around and suggest that the states "do something about it."

And God forbid we have a Republican majority in the House, Senate and President Trump in the White House with Gorsuch confirmed, all of which means pro-2A legislation (and lest we forget, cases which would repeal unconstitutional state laws in California and elsewhere) can move forward either in Congress or in the instance of the aforementioned cases, in the courts all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court. Because certain commenters here actually openly admit they don't want the federal government to try to defend our rights. It makes you wonder if they are anti-gun rights plants "participating" on this forum from Canada or France.

And now I will log off and watch the hateful comments commence.

But if you'd like, please write your Congresspersons, support H.R. 38, and also if you'd like, support my idea for a bill by signing and sharing this:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...estoration-act

thank you
    It appears to me your entire post is filled with whining, bitching, moaning, and hateful comments just because some folks do not agree with your position.

Oh.. and for those who support the actual right to bear arms please do NOT support any bill or law.. including HR 38.. that requires people to first get permission to carry concealed from the government whether that be Mommy State, or Daddy Fed.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

7. Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    The same ones who say that you shouldn't have to get a permission slip to exercise a natural right (and I do agree... but I differ with them due to that there doesn't seem to be much reasoning going on in terms of how they present their argument
    Here is my argument. Refute it with logic and facts....

I'll await your reply...

Bikenut:
    "Oh.. and for those who support the actual right to bear arms please do NOT support any bill or law.. including HR 38.. that requires people to first get permission to carry concealed from the government whether that be Mommy State, or Daddy Fed."

So you're saying you don't have a Concealed Carry permit, or that you Conceal Carry Illegally?

9. It will be much more effective to sit at home and whine on the Internet that your rights are being infringed...I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    It appears to me your entire post is filled with whining, bitching, moaning, and hateful comments just because some folks do not agree with your position.
    Not any more than that whiny Mike Stone feller. Maybe even through all his BS, you don't say nothing about him because he's on the opposing side perhaps?

Oh.. and for those who support the actual right to bear arms please do NOT support any bill or law.. including HR 38.. that requires people to first get permission to carry concealed from the government whether that be Mommy State, or Daddy Fed.
    How so? I believe I've asked this before, not to you, I don't think and I don't think I've ever got a straight answer besides all this Commerce Clause BS and Supremacy Clause nonsense but how is it this requires permits? Only certain states are the ones who require their residents to have a permit. Why do people keep saying "the federal government" will take control of all this when all it seems to me that they want to do is just merely make these childish, dumbarse states recognize other states permits? Oh wait, somebody already said something along the lines of this bill would possibly "pave the way" for the federal government to take it over in the future. You know, saying something will happen before it has or ever even will.

I've been closely reading throughout this discussion and I just can't seem to jump on the paranoid train. Yes, I would like to see nationwide carry without permits but, I think that's all just wishful thinking.

Another question I've had (that I don't think has been answered), how will this legislation affect the free carry states? Is that why this is causing such an uproar with the opposers? I ask because you've said we need to be pushing for nationwide constitutional carry. I actually agree. I just don't see that happing with states like California.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Bikenut:
    "Oh.. and for those who support the actual right to bear arms please do NOT support any bill or law.. including HR 38.. that requires people to first get permission to carry concealed from the government whether that be Mommy State, or Daddy Fed."

So you're saying you don't have a Concealed Carry permit, or that you Conceal Carry Illegally?
    I don't know if Bikenut has a permit but he mentioned in one of his threads from a while back that he open carries.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast