National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced - Page 3
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

1. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    The government doesn't need a National Reciprocity bill to impose the Interstate Commerce Clause to restrict guns and ammo. They just need a SCOTUS Liberal majority.

Keep in mind that one of the champions of involving the Federal Government is a person that had to take out an ad in a local newspaper advising he was going to apply for a carry permit and anyone could comment regarding if he should be granted the permit.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    and violate the still standing Gun Free School Zone Act Federal law every time they travel within 1000' of a school with their out-of-state permit or no permit at all?
    Just to be accurate, note that H.R.38 exempts license holders from the GFSZA:

‘‘(f)(1) A person who possesses or carries a concealed handgun under subsection (a) shall not be subject to the prohibitions of section 922(q) with respect to that hand- gun."

It's also interesting to note one other significant departure from the 4 bills introduced during the 114th Congress. Unlike those, H.R.38 allows a resident of a restrictive state to obtain a license from another state and carry within his or her own.

BTW, I am NOT entering a debate on pros and cons... just clarifying the facts of this bill.

Quote Originally Posted by kwc View Post

‘‘(f)(1) A person who possesses or carries a concealed handgun under subsection (a) shall not be subject to the prohibitions of section 922(q) with respect to that hand- gun."
    As currently written. Please name one bill that is passed and adopted as originally written.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    As currently written. Please name one bill that is passed and adopted as originally written.
    I'm sure bills pass once in a while with few or no changes. This won't be one of those.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kwc View Post

It's also interesting to note one other significant departure from the 4 bills introduced during the 114th Congress. Unlike those, H.R.38 allows a resident of a restrictive state to obtain a license from another state and carry within his or her own.

BTW, I am NOT entering a debate on pros and cons... just clarifying the facts of this bill.
    Thank you!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    My Thoughts:
    As long as no one’s personal info is entered into any data base in Washington, I’m all for this.
    Here is a bit more to think about..... only a fool would hand their rights to the ebb and flow of self-serving greedy bastards in Washington. Nor am I the only one with this view....

Seldom do I post a wall of text, but as nationwide repocity represents enought threat to cause me to post an email I received from the National Gun Rights Assn.

With the election of Donald Trump, so-called National Reciprocity legislation is being touted as the next big thing for gun owners.

I couldn’t agree more that every law-abiding gun owner should be able to carry a gun (concealed or not) in EVERY state -- after all, that is exactly what the Second Amendment says.

But I am afraid we are facing a deadly trap in Congress.

You see, many weak-kneed politicians want to put the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in control of YOUR concealed carry permit.

Their scheme includes cracking down on who may carry, dramatically increasing the cost, limiting where you can carry and creating a new federal database with YOUR name registered as some kind of suspect.

Once in control of your right to carry, the Federal Government sooner or later will not hesitate to implement stringent restrictions. New York and California will become the new national standard.

So while the first legislation on National Reciprocity introduced -- HR 38 -- does not empower the BATF or the feds, insiders in Washington D.C. are already talking about “the deal” to water down the bills.

In fact, Speaker Paul Ryan (who this last summer tried to ram through “No Fly, No Buy” legislation to appease anti-gunners) and his weak-kneed allies in Congress are reported to ALREADY be moving ahead with a national permit scheme as part of the amendment process.

They are working to force through a federally-mandated permit using National Reciprocity legislation that will wipe out the rights of gun owners in 10 Constitutional Carry states to carry elsewhere without a government license, and may force even more requirements on permit states.

Just in the last 20 months we’ve passed Constitutional Carry in six states. That’s in addition to the four who have already passed it, making 10 total.

Now there are more than a dozen new states considering it this year, with several likely to pass it in the next couple months.

A federal concealed carry permit would undermine this sweeping Constitutional Carry movement and replace it with a draconian system to KILL your right to carry.

That’s why I hope you will take a moment to sign your "NO Federal Permit" Petition right away!

The Second Amendment is the only permit you should ever need.

Law-abiding gun owners should NEVER be forced to beg government bureaucrats for permission to possess a firearm or carry it concealed for self-defense.

Period.

We simply cannot allow the ATF to take a new role in issuing a federal permit and establishing a draconian new national standard that mirrors California’s un-American restrictions.

After failing to pass gun-grabbing legislation in 2016, anti-gunners in Congress are looking to cut a deal.

We all remember how the anti-gun crowd strong-armed Senate Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker Paul Ryan into trying to pass gun control just last summer! In fact, you and your National Association for Gun Rights stood alone in opposing this scheme, even calling out Donald Trump when he foolishly seemed to praise the plan.

It is fair to say, without us, the anti-gunners would have stolen a victory last summer.

That's why I ask for your help again, even as politicians (and maybe some other pro-gun groups) start planning to play “Let’s Make a Deal.”

Among many other evils, this would be the first step toward creating a national registration database.

Here’s what a federally-mandated permit would look like:
    *** More onerous standards to acquire a permit, so that only FBI agents can pass muster (look at New York's permit.)
    *** Higher fees. Try $500 and more.
    *** More training requirements, forcing you to shoot like an Olympian before you can even think about carrying for self-defense.
    *** A demonstration of “need” for a permit, which is already used in anti-gun states to deny law-abiding Americans based on race, religion and creed.
    *** More frequent renewal periods.
    *** New bans on carry, by law-abiding citizens without due process;
    *** Federally-mandated waiting periods.
    *** A national REAL ID, aka Dangerous ID database of all permit holders, accessible by anti-gun bureaucrats.
    *** An extensive increase in Criminal Safe-zones, where only criminals have guns while law-abiding gun owners are disarmed and defenseless.

The list of potential problems is endless. But don’t just take my word for it.

Radical anti-gun Democrats have successfully worked with limp-wristed Republicans for several years to attach many of these very same schemes to National Reciprocity legislation.

The problem is, now they stand a chance of passing them.

Unfortunately, some well-intentioned lawmakers are already falling victim to the institutional beltway lobbyists who believe in mandatory government-issued carry permits.

Insiders are already talking about tacking them onto National Reciprocity legislation in the House Judiciary committee.

I hope you don’t fall for this outrageous federal permit scheme too.

Unfortunately, this issue isn’t just about the right to carry for self-defense – it’s a battle over the role of government and its ability to restrict our Second Amendment rights.

I carry concealed every day, everywhere I go, and the National Association for Gun Rights has achieved numerous victories expanding the ability of citizens to carry in state after state.

You should be able to carry concealed -- without a permit -- in all 50 states. That’s what “bear arms” means.

If you agree, I hope you'll take action now.

Please take a moment to sign the "NO Federal Permit" Petition, IMMEDIATELY!

Remind them the Second Amendment is your carry permit...

...and INSIST they oppose any attempt to impose Federal authority to regulate your right to carry a firearm.

True Constitutional Carry -- in ALL 50 states -- is the goal.

And this push for a federal permit threatens to shred the right to bear arms itself.

This federal permit scheme falls in line with Washington's grab for more power and less individual liberty.

Just look at how the statists in Congress have tried to adopt a National ID card, complete with biometric data.

They've forced the states to conform to their mandated driver’s license “standards,” and even succeeded with patients (Obamacare).

And now they expect us to “trust them” with carry permits too?

I hope you don't buy it.

So please take a moment to sign the “NO Federal Permit” Petition before it’s too late.

Tell your Congressman and Senators to oppose a federal takeover of Concealed Carry.

Remind them the Second Amendment is your carry permit, and insist they oppose any attempt to impose federal authority over your right to carry.

We must stay vigilant and prevent weak-kneed Republicans from selling out.

Thank you for taking action right away.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
    President
    National Association for Gun Rights

The Second Amendment is the only permit you should ever need to carry your firearm in any state that you please.

But there is a scheme in Washington D.C. to undermine the 10 states that have passed Constitutional Carry and already understand that.

National Reciprocity is a good idea on paper, but it could easily be co-opted by the gun grabbers in Congress to create a Federal Permit system.

So please sign your “NO Federal Permit” Petition right away!

People supporting this bill are wishing their right away..... NEVER let the BATF dictate where you can and CANNOT carry your gun.

9. Ummm.... it's not the BATF. It is BATFE. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Ummm.... it's not the BATF. It is BATFE. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
    Big whoop, you and everyone else know which government agency I am referring to, including you.... Mr. nitpicker

Now do you have anything to contribute to the idea of allowing the BATFE, BATF, or ATF or any other federal government law enforcement agency to control when and where you can carry your gun?

11. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Big whoop, you and everyone else know which government agency I am referring to, including you.... Mr. nitpicker

Now do you have anything to contribute to the idea of allowing the BATFE, BATF, or ATF or any other federal government law enforcement agency to control when and where you can carry your gun?
    You mean anything more than I have already contributed? Nope.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast