National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced - Page 7
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: National Firearms Reciprocity Bill JUST Introduced

Just like the ACA having the IRS be its watchdog/enforcer, the IRS could just as easily become another tool of federal control under nationwide reciprocity. One thing that could change my mind is if the dream comes true- Trump saying the power was coming back to the people and we collectively assert some control over our elected. However, that could have a limited successful run and is therefore not risk free. Who said it a while back? Stop calling people in DC our leaders; We are Their leaders.

Answers to common questions on reciprocity:

https://gunowners.org/answering-reci...-questions.htm

There is always the fool that trusts his government with his rights and freedoms.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. That fool would be SR9... and maybe a side of Corndog, to go..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I've seen this argument about there being a few states where there isn't any reciprocity being a reason for national reciprocity before but having a few states that don't have any reciprocity still doesn't justify handing Daddy Fed the power to regulate/restrict all carry permits. "Fixing" a few states at the expense of all the other states isn't a compelling argument. Especially since the very restrictive states will be the ones who scream the loudest for Daddy Fed to step in so all states have the same carry permit standards. Preferably adopting the more restrictive standards since, at least from my perspective, the government is never magnanimous enough to adopt less strict standards but never misses an opportunity to shows it's authority by adopting the most restrictive of standards.

I am aware of how tempting it is to have the government pass a law that makes it convenient to carry across state lines but the government never ever .. gives.. anything good to the people without there being some kind of benefit to the government. And national reciprocity holds the possibility for the Federal government to exert total control over carry permits using the legal foundation of a national reciprocity law based in the commerce clause.

And elections have consequences. Imagine what someone like Hillary could do with the legal power to control carry permits. And that could happen as soon as the very next Presidential election.
    Well thank Goodness that Hillary was not elected. This was nothing short of a miracle of God.

2 more representatives sign on to HR 38, bringing the total to 154 co-sponsors.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../38/cosponsors

8. What we need is the federal government to sue the states for violating our civil rights. Reciprocity would not be an issue if the unconstitutional training and licensing schemes were removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    What we need is the federal government to sue the states for violating our civil rights. Reciprocity would not be an issue if the unconstitutional training and licensing schemes were removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By "sue" you really mean "prosecute".

"Sue" is between individuals at civil court.

"Prosecute" is by the government at criminal court.

The Feds can sue states.

Example:

US, North Carolina sue each other over ‘bathroom bill’

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department filed a lawsuit Monday against North Carolina authorities, hours after the state filed its own suit pushing back against the federal government’s attempts to persuade authorities not to enforce the so-called bathroom bill.

These dueling lawsuits marked a sharp escalation in the fight between the sides over a law specifying who can use which bathrooms in North Carolina, a measure that has thrust the state into the epicenter of the debate over transgender rights....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...CkI/story.html

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast