Term Limits Bill submitted by Ted Cruz.

Thread: Term Limits Bill submitted by Ted Cruz.

Term Limits Bill submitted by Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz has proposed a bill in the Senate for term limits for all legislators in Washington, everybody please write your representatives in Washington to encourage them to vote yes for this bill.
    With some of them having been there for well over 30 years, they have become numb to the wishes of their constituents and part of the problem with Washington relying on the various lobbyists there for funding and not part of the way to fix it.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Have you stopped to realize 'who' is going to vote on this? That would be like asking Navy Chief's if the would like to give up their perks, and berth and eat with the rest of the enlisted.

Ever heard the phrase "a snowball's chance in hell"?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Ted Cruz has proposed a bill in the Senate for term limits for all legislators in Washington, everybody please write your representatives in Washington to encourage them to vote yes for this bill.
    With some of them having been there for well over 30 years, they have become numb to the wishes of their constituents and part of the problem with Washington relying on the various lobbyists there for funding and not part of the way to fix it.
    Where in the Constitution is Congress granted such authority to legislate?

And Cruz presents himself as a constitutional scholar. Just another D.C. fraud.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

More young-blood viable candidates need to run for the offices that are occupied by the long-termers, and more citizens need to be willing to vote new blood in and old blood out. That would make forced term limits unnecessary.

Also, get rid of the ridiculous "retirement" pensions they get.

The original founders of the constitution never envisioned for the congressmen and senators to be in power for long periods of time, they wanted new people who were from the various states to cycle though there so they can keep more connected with their people and vote on bills that are important to them and not just to keep them in power. Term limits will also cut the ties of all the lobbyists, not to mention cut back on all the outstanding pork that is added to every bill.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Where in the Constitution is Congress granted such authority to legislate?

And Cruz presents himself as a constitutional scholar. Just another D.C. fraud.

Blues
    FYI: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), members of both Houses of Congress, introduced a Constitutional Amendment as a joint resolution. He actually knows what he is doing. It still will go nowhere.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    FYI: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), members of both Houses of Congress, introduced a Constitutional Amendment as a joint resolution. He actually knows what he is doing. It still will go nowhere.
    Ahh, OK, well then I guess it's opsspec who's the fraud, as he asserted that Cruz "proposed a bill in the Senate for term limits for all legislators in Washington..."

I agree - it's going nowhere. Unfortunately, the same can be said for opsspec.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The founding fathers demonstrated a great deal for foresight when they penned the Constitution, but the most grievous omission was that they never anticipated the "career" (meaning greedy and corrupt) politician and did not include term limits, for ALL elected or appointed (remember senators were originally appointed) legislators.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg