Will the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting impact how guns can be transported?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting impact how guns can be transported?

Will the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting impact how guns can be transported?

So far, it is reported that the shooter lawfully transported his gun in checked baggage. He retrieved his baggage, went to the restroom with it, and came out shooting. Of course, the gun control people will jump on this. Do you think this will cause changes in the way guns can be transported on airlines?

Not until the Dems regain control.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

What about individual airline policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    What about individual airline policies?
    Good point, I didn't think of that! So, yeah, probably.

The Brady Campaign already has the Florida airport shooting on their facebook page and is clamoring for more gun control. Never let a tragedy go to waste. About 4 hours ago when the Florida governor gave his first news conference, one of the reporters asked him if he would support more gun control now. He responding by saying that this was not an appropriate time to involve politics.

Another reporter asked Scott whether there should be a ban on weapons in airports. Scott said the question was not appropriate.

“It’s horrible what happened here. It’s not time to be political. It’s a time to mourn those that lost their life, finish an investigation, and pray for everybody who is still fighting for their life,” Scott said.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. You can bet that it will be tried

One item I heard on the news tonight was the shooter only had the gun in a case that was checked in and no other luggage accompanying his travel. If this is true, that fact should have set off all kinds of alarms at the airport in Alaska. I know this might be incorrect, but there were four different people who made statements that said this.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Ultimately, we will never stop the crazies from being crazy. The best solution for an armed bad guy or gal is an armed GOOD guy or gal.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

The Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood air port was picked because it is a "gun free zone", according to the gunman.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    The Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood air port was picked because it is a "gun free zone", according to the gunman.
    Any actual source for that, or is this made up stuff as usual?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast