Trumps’ extreme vetting - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps’ extreme vetting

The video of the arguments of State of Washington vs. Donald J. Trump, et al..

The temporary restraining order covers the following sections of the EO: 3(c), 5(a), 5(b), 5(c), and 5(e). The EO can be found here: PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES.

An interesting side effect of this temporary restraining order is that if it continues as the case is argued in court, decided on, appealed and potentially argued in front of and decided by SCOTUS, the time frame of the immigration restrictions in the EO may be reached or exceeded.

Trump's Temporary Ban will go to the 9th Circuit Court and they will up hold the 3rd Circuit Court. Both Courts are very Liberal. Then Trump will appeal to the Supreme Court which is 4x4 now, unless Gorsuch is confirmed.

‘Liberal’ Reputation Precedes Ninth Circuit Court - The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Trump's Temporary Ban will go to the 9th Circuit Court and they will up hold the 3rd Circuit Court. Both Courts are very Liberal. Then Trump will appeal to the Supreme Court which is 4x4 now, unless Gorsuch is confirmed.

‘Liberal’ Reputation Precedes Ninth Circuit Court - The New York Times
    Oddly enough, I agree with you. People of the gun certainly know the Ninth Circus.

PS: Anyone watching the video that I posted will realize why the poor and broad language in the EO in conjunction with President Trump's campaign rhetoric is the reason for this temporary restraining order (TRO) and for the ongoing success of these law suits in the first place.

The temporary restraining order was challenged by the Trump administration overnight and upheld, as expected, by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit: Reuters | U.S. appeals court denies request to restore Trump's immigration ban.

Note that this is a temporary restraining order. WA and MN must file their brief by 3 PM ET on Sunday, then the DOJ must file its reply by 6 PM ET on Monday. The court could then rule on the motion for an emergency stay at any time after Monday’s filing.

This is just the beginning of a long, drawn-out court battle that will likely end up with SCOTUS.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on point:

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on point (starts at 3:02):

One example on how this EO causes confusion: Former Norway PM held at Washington airport over 2014 visit to Iran.

A former prime minister of Norway has spoken of his shock after he was held and questioned at Washington Dulles airport because of a visit to Iran three years ago.

Kjell Magne Bondevik, who served as prime minister of Norway from 1997-2000 and 2001-05, flew into the US from Europe on Tuesday afternoon to attend this week’s National Prayer Breakfast.

He was held for an hour after customs agents saw in his diplomatic passport that he had been to Iran in 2014. Bondevik said his passport also clearly indicated that he was the former PM of Norway.

“Of course I fully understand the fear of letting terrorists come into this country,” he told ABC7. “It should be enough when they found that I have a diplomatic passport, [that I’m a] former prime minister.

“That should be enough for them to understand that I don’t represent any problem or threat to this country and [to] let me go immediately, but they didn’t.”

Bondevik, who is the president the Oslo Centre, a human rights organisation, said he was placed in a room with travellers from the Middle East and Africa who were also facing extra scrutiny.

He said he was ordered to wait for 40 minutes, before being questioned for another 20 minutes about his trip to Iran, which he had taken to speak at a human rights conference.

“I was surprised, and I was provoked,” he said. “What will the reputation of the US be if this happens not only to me, but also to other international leaders?”

Trump listens to Clinton and Obama on immigration:

So it it was OK for them, why is it wrong for Trump?

And what does this composed video have to do with the topic of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Trump listens to Clinton and Obama on immigration:

So it it was OK for them, why is it wrong for Trump?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast