Trumps’ extreme vetting - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps’ extreme vetting

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Which is why they will be over turned by either the appellate court or the Supreme Court.

Legislation from the bench needs to be stopped.

The court has one job in a case like this. Determine whether or not the written order is within the law. Period. Anything else is political, not judicial.
    In summary: If it goes your way, the judges are interpreting the law. If it doesn't go your way, the judges create new law. That's quite some nonsense, given that what is currently argued is the TRO in front of the appellate court and not the case itself.

The TRO is currently argued in front of the appellate court. The Supreme Court is unlikely to take that one up and will wait for the actual case, which hasn't even been argued yet. The TRO is meant to not create more damage than already done while the case is being argued in front of the Ninth Circuit.

In order for the TRO to stay in place, the appellate court has to agree with the Ninth Circuit that the plaintiffs have a standing in the first place, that the plaintiffs will face damages while the case is being argued, and that the plaintiffs likely succeed with their case.

If the TRO stays in place, then the next step will be that the actual case is argued with the Ninth Circuit. If the TRO does not stay in place, then the next step will be the same, while the government is going back to chaos mode by cancelling visas.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    In summary: If it goes your way, the judges are interpreting the law. If it doesn't go your way, the judges create new law. That's quite some nonsense, given that what is currently argued is the TRO in front of the appellate court and not the case itself.

The TRO is currently argued in front of the appellate court. The Supreme Court is unlikely to take that one up and will wait for the actual case, which hasn't even been argued yet. The TRO is meant to not create more damage than already done while the case is being argued in front of the Ninth Circuit.

In order for the TRO to stay in place, the appellate court has to agree with the Ninth Circuit that the plaintiffs have a standing in the first place, that the plaintiffs will face damages while the case is being argued, and that the plaintiffs likely succeed with their case.

If the TRO stays in place, then the next step will be that the actual case is argued with the Ninth Circuit. If the TRO does not stay in place, then the next step will be the same, while the government is going back to chaos mode by cancelling visas.
    Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

You are welcome to your interpretation, but that is not what I said or meant.

Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

You are welcome to your interpretation, but that is not what I said or meant.
    You are free to clarify what you said or meant, if I misunderstood you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    You are free to clarify what you said or meant, if I misunderstood you.
    You didn't simply misunderstand me, you attributed motive to my post, stating that I would change my opinion if the court agreed with me, directly attacking my character.

Why would I debate you, if your first post about something I said was a direct attack on my character?

I think the only interaction we will have is you joining my block list.

You didn't simply misunderstand me, you attributed motive to my post, stating that I would change my opinion if the court agreed with me, directly attacking my character.

Why would I debate you, if your first post about something I said was a direct attack on my character?
    I did not attack your character. I simply interpreted your post the way I read it. You are free to show me where I was wrong.

You seemed to agree with ken grant's post that the judges are more interested in politics than the rules of law that are on the books. You expanded on ken grant's post by stating that this would be why they will be overturned by either the appellate court or the Supreme Court.

My comment toward that was simply that the current argument about the TRO is already in front of the appellate court and the Supreme Court is unlikely to take it.

You continued with a statement that legislation from the bench needs to be stopped and that the only job of the court is to determine whether or not the written order is within the law. You finished with: Anything else is political, not judicial.

What else should I make of that statement other than: If it goes your way, the judges are interpreting the law. If it doesn't go your way, the judges create new law.

How else do you determine that the court is doing its job or is acting political other than by judging its ruling? The court will rule soon. May I ask you then what you think about the ruling and why?

I think the only interaction we will have is you joining my block list.
    So, your argument is to post something and then run and hide in your safe space. Isn't anyone willing anymore to argue about opinions?

Poll: Travel ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Disconnected with reality

When we look at the anarchists making fools of themselves in the streets of America, protesting anything and everything against President Donald Trump, the question often arises about how these people actually view the world. Do they see things from an ethical, moral or truth foundation, or are they emotionally driven and disconnected with reality? The answer is obvious to many, but a recent Rasmussen poll sheds light on how these people think. Rasmussen found that 62% of likely US Voters believe Christians living in the Islamic world are treated unfairly because of their religion. Rasmussen reported, “Just 17% disagree, while 21% more are undecided.” But the details of the survey reveal something shocking.

Rasmussen reports, “By comparison, 39% feel most Muslims living in the United States are treated unfairly because of their religion. That’s up from 31% last year and is the highest finding in surveys to date. A plurality (46%) still believes Muslims are not treated unfairly because of their faith, while 15% more are not sure.” But here is the shocker: “Fifty-six percent (56%) of Democrats, however, believe most Muslims in this country are mistreated, a view shared by only 22% of Republicans and 39% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Fewer Democrats (47%) think most Christians are mistreated in the Islamic world, compared to 76% of GOP voters and 64% of unaffiliateds.”

Thereligionofpeace.com, a site that is concerned with Islam’s political and religious teachings according to its own texts, reports, “since 9/11, an additional 145 Americans have been killed in 50 separate acts of deadly Islamic terror or Islam-related honor killing in the United States. Hundreds of mass murder plots have been thwarted or botched. The real story is not "Islamophobia" but American tolerance - which rightly refuses to punish the individual based on group identity.” Indeed, around the world Muslims are the majority perpetrators in killing Christians. Pew Research says that close to 100,000 Christians are killed each year because of their faith. Jihad Watch reports that the Christian population in Iraq is now between 50,000-250,000, down from 1.4 million in 2003—“They were either massacred by jihadist or abducted.”

It is not debatable that Islam relentlessly persecutes Christians. That the vast majority of Democrats (56%) don't believe it is an incredible disconnect with reality. It serves as a prime example of how liberals process information and reject what they don’t want to believe, even though it is indisputable. This is the same mentality that we are facing as a nation with those who are protesting the crack down on illegal immigration and bringing in people from terrorist-sponsoring Islamic states. Their “truth” is what they believe, not what is actually true. As is said in 2 Timothy 4:4, “And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” This is what those of us with a sound mind are dealing with.

Bill Wilson - Daily Jot

~ AMERICA...At Risk Of Being The Best Informed Society That Has Ever Died Of IGNORANCE ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

"When a liberal wants to ban illegal immigration, the crazies on the Left applaud. But when a Conservative wants to ban illegal immigration, they are suddenly the second coming of Adolf Hitler and it’s 1933 all over again".

~ AMERICA...At Risk Of Being The Best Informed Society That Has Ever Died Of IGNORANCE ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

Here’s the cold hard truth about refugees the media won’t tell you

~ God Hates Religion ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Poll: Travel ban is one of Trump's most popular executive orders

Good then that we do not decide legal issues using polls, otherwise an "assault weapons" ban would be the justifiable.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast