Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    "When a liberal wants to ban illegal immigration, the crazies on the Left applaud. But when a Conservative wants to ban illegal immigration, they are suddenly the second coming of Adolf Hitler and it’s 1933 all over again".

~ AMERICA...At Risk Of Being The Best Informed Society That Has Ever Died Of IGNORANCE ~
    This is just a repost of SR9's posted video. Again, what does this video have to do with this thread. After all, this thread is about legal immigration.

Arrow Ninth Circuit Decides 3-0 against President Trump

The decision issued by a three judge panel of the Ninth Circuit of Appeals refuses to reinstate President Trump's travel ban. The temporary restraining order remains active.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The decision issued by a three judge panel of the Ninth Circuit of Appeals refuses to reinstate President Trump's travel ban. The temporary restraining order remains active.
    Definitely no surprise there.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Judges playing politics again. Everyone though it would wind up that way in the most liberal circuit in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Judges playing politics again.
    Not really. Anyone who actually read the EO, listened to the arguments presented in both courts and read today's decision can clearly see that they followed the law.

The EO is, in part, unconstitutional. Even the Trump administration admitted that, which led to the redefinition of what the EO means and who it applies to. The Trump administration now says that the EO does not apply to Green Card holders and even offered in the last hearing to remove visa holders from the EO enforcement as well. The problem with that redefinition is that it is not legally binding, just a pinky swear that they won't follow the original language of the EO.

The only legally binding document is the EO, which needs to be rewritten to be constitutional. Unfortunately, President Trump's ego is too big for that, so he won't do that. President Trump's ego is putting this nation at risk, not these judges that just heard the arguments of both sides and decided based on these arguments.

I assume you haven't listened to the arguments in court. The US federal government lawyer literally said that the US judiciary has no right to even review a decision made by the President based on national security. The Court's answer to that was:

There is no precedent to support this claimed unreviewability, which runs contrary to the fundamental structure of our constitutional democracy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Not really. Anyone who actually read the EO, listened to the arguments presented in both courts and read today's decision can clearly see that they followed the law.
    I agree. The best the Trumpster can do now is rewrite the EO in a sensible way instead of the reckless, irresponsible way the first EO was done. For starters, they need to remove all references to Muslim and Christian in the EO. Stick to nothing except wording to the effect of countries which pose the greatest terrorist threat to the US and leave it at that. Current green card holders are exempt. And they will have to figure out if they want to re-evaluate visas that are already granted.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I agree. The best the Trumpster can do now is rewrite the EO in a sensible way instead of the reckless, irresponsible way the first EO was done. For starters, they need to remove all references to Muslim and Christian in the EO. Stick to nothing except wording to the effect of countries which pose the greatest terrorist threat to the US and leave it at that. Current green card holders are exempt. And they will have to figure out if they want to re-evaluate visas that are already granted.
    Exactly! Granted, the liberals will sue that one too under whatever reasons they can come up with, but there won't be a TRO as they will have a very hard time to prove standing, damage and likelihood of success even to the liberal 9th Circus.

Interesting take on the EO: Revoke the EO. Remove the visa and Green Card holder issues. Have a real lawyer look at it (LOL). Break it up into individual EOs to prevent blocking with one single court order.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Exactly! Granted, the liberals will sue that one too under whatever reasons they can come up with, but there won't be a TRO as they will have a very hard time to prove standing, damage and likelihood of success even to the liberal 9th Circus.
    -officepc-tptjllj.jpg

Does this seem familiar?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    -officepc-tptjllj.jpg

Does this seem familiar?
    I'm recovering from a minor eye surgery last week, and can't make out all the words in that meme, but tell me something, is this post supposed to imply that you think bofh is a liberal because he thinks the TRO was justified for the reasons he has articulated in this thread and maybe a couple of others?

If I have that right, I also know I have this right: Trump doesn't need you to defend him by ridiculing or lying about those who think he screwed the pooch on this particular EO. My knee-jerk tendency was to dismiss the notion that the courts had/have any say-so whatsoever over what a President does visa vie immigration or visitation to our shores from another country, and thus oppose the court(s) who have ruled on this case thus far. But I actually read and tried to understand bofh's posts about it and now I know that I would've indeed been thoughtlessly knee-jerking into such opposition. Again, if I understand your intent for the above meme, I suggest you read through bofh's posts on the subject again and either make a cogent argument showing where he's been wrong, or cede to his superior knowledge and understanding of this specific case.

Whatever you do, I seriously doubt you can make a cogent case for bofh being a liberal. If I misunderstood, apologies in advance, my eyesight really is shot for the time being, but I'm here to tell you as a person who has opposed and criticized Trump on a much larger number of issues than bofh has, that nearly every time I've criticized him, it's the idiots who come back criticizing me that proves they have no cogent argument(s) to offer in support of him and/or whatever issue he's involved in that got criticized to begin with. I want both the leftist rioters and all the government agents involved in unconstitutional acts against The Peoples' interests to get what's comin' to 'em. Trump has yet to do anything about the most unconstitutional EO Obama ever signed, the one that unconstitutionally did an end-run around Congress and instituted DAPA/DACA and created government expenditures with only his signature posing as "passing law." All it would take to turn off those expenditures is Trump's signature on an EO rescinding Obama's, but instead of doing that, he's ignored it and ICE and USCIS are still processing applications and extorting money from immigrants that pays for the amnesty they've enjoyed since 2013 when Obama illegally imposed it himself.

Trump's not making anyone safe with this or any other of his Kabuki Theater actions thus far. If Trump could make us safe, we wouldn't need a Second Amendment to protect the right to make ourselves as safe as we possibly can. Speaking of which, Trump has vowed to sign nationwide reciprocity into law if it reaches his desk, which it most likely will, and trading our rights under the Second Amendment for government's authority to regulate under the Interstate Commerce Clause is anything but what a real Second Amendment protector and advocate would do, but perhaps more importantly, it's anything but what a conservative president would do.

The guy's a phony. He is not who or what you seem to think he is. I'm half blind as I'm typing this, but even if I were fully blind, I could still see that.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast