Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

Meanwhile:

Trump said in a White House statement that he is not banning Muslims from entering the U.S. Its measures expire in 90 days and leave people in 46 Muslim-majority nations unaffected. It's a moratorium, no big deal.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Obama imposed a Muslim Ban in 2011 on most of the same countries, and no one said a word. Now Donald Trump imposes a 90 day ban and everyone is going into orbit over it. We would expect the Left-Wing Liberal Media would raise their voices... The hat anything Trump says or does. Good or bad. And, then there are the "Never Trumpers': like McCain, Romney, and the 16 losers in the election.
    The deal is that this is legal as backed by a law made in 1952, before some of you were born, that allows the President and/or Congress to ban people it deems a threat to America.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Today Trump signed an executive order to require extreme vetting of people coming from various Muslim countries that promote radical Islamic actions and again the media turned it towards his actions to secure our southern border with a wall to reduce illegal alien immigrants from coming into our country.
    What the media isnít talking about is the fact that Trump doesnít have any problems with legal immigrants coming into our country, thatís the basic concept thatís the difference between illegal immigrants entering and LEGAL immigrants entering our country, we allow legal immigrants and should stop illegal immigrants entering our country.
    Thatís where Trump is coming from, so why canít the media understand that little fact.
    This issue has certainly gotten Pres DJ Trump a lot of free press coverage again.

People are demonstrating across the Nation again too.

I agree with what Trump is doing. It is just not pleasant.

Muslim extremism has declared war upon the USA, and this is their just desserts for it.

Due caution is warranted for anyone going to and coming back from those Arab rat holes.

Trump should not forget to put Pakistan and Saudi Arabia on the list too. The San Bernardino shooters were from Pakistan. And the Atta crew were from Saudi Arabia.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    If I had to pick one poster in this thread with the best handle on accuracy and solid analysis of what the EO actually does, it would be bofh. It seems to me that others are neglecting to crack open any of the links bofh has provided, yet nonetheless arguing against the points he's made. Y'all do yourselves no favors if that's what you're doing. As far as I can tell after perusing bofh's links, he hasn't gotten a single thing wrong.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If I had to pick one poster in this thread with the best handle on accuracy and solid analysis of what the EO actually does, it would be bofh. It seems to me that others are neglecting to crack open any of the links bofh has provided, yet nonetheless arguing against the points he's made. Y'all do yourselves no favors if that's what you're doing. As far as I can tell after perusing bofh's links, he hasn't gotten a single thing wrong.

Blues
    Wow !!!

YET ANOTHER one of their sock puppets !!!

How funny.

Ignore list for you too.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Wow !!!

YET ANOTHER one of their sock puppets !!!

How funny.

Ignore list for you too.
    The phrase "sock puppet" obviously doesn't mean what you think it means.

Please do ignore me though. I've already got one newcomer Chihuahua following me around the forum nippin' at my heels. Don't need (or want) another one. Both of y'all's entertainment value dried up in a New York minute.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

This message is hidden because BluesStringer is on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Trump said in a White House statement that he is not banning Muslims from entering the U.S. Its measures expire in 90 days and leave people in 46 Muslim-majority nations unaffected. It's a moratorium, no big deal.
    Correct. It is a moratorium. It is certainly not a big deal for you, as it doesn't impact you. If you would be prevented by the government for 90 days from returning back to your home, seeing your family, working, and making money to pay off the house and pay for other living expenses, then you would have already have called for an armed revolution. Since it impacts legal immigrants that already live in the US and not citizens, it is OK though, right?

As I said, Trump implemented this poorly and kickstarted the Democrats' 2018 campaign. The ACLU raised $24m since Saturday morning. Thanks to Trump.

Trumpsí extreme vetting

FYI: I just read a notice from a US embassy that not only citizens of those countries mentioned, but also visitors to those countries are impacted. For example, a UK citizen that visited Iraq, such as for exploring business opportunities, can no longer enter the US under the visa waiver program, but has to get a business visitor visa from a US embassy. US embassies, however, currently do not schedule any visa interviews for those impacted for the next 90 days.

Similarly, if that UK citizen lives in the US on an H-1b work visa, he/she can not enter the US at the moment. There is no visa or other legal procedure for this case at the moment.

Apparently, Green Card holders are now exempt from the immigration restriction. It looks like the Trump administration is finally realizing the mess they created and reversed course.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/updated-gui...ign-nationals/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...?client=safari

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast