Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

I believe, even for all the complaints against him, Trump is trying to do the right thing, albeit, more as a knee jerk reaction than a thought out plan which would not cause great harm to many who should have not been detained or otherwise denied entry to the country.

Regardless of what action Trump takes, on any subject, the liberals are all too hasty to condemn him rather than to sit back and see what he is trying to do and help the country get straightened out. Many are too eager to complain about an evening dress worn by his daughter, accuse his son of being autistic, changing of the drapes in the Oval Office. He has done more in the short time he has been in office than the Democrats did in eight years. Obama was a dud, totally ineffective dud, who luxuriated in his ability to soak the government with all of his elaborate vacations, visits to his homeland, Kenya, to fan racial divide throughout the country and golf nearly as much, or more, than professionals. Those that are protesting, mainly women, have an axe to grind over Planned Parenthood and the loss of abortions on demand. Gays are feeling threatened and think they are going to be remanded back into the closet. Damn, have any of the protesters stopped to think how bad our economy is after Obama's eight years? Don't they feel an obligation, as citizens, to get behind the president and try to make improvements in our society? Trump was not the man I would have preferred to be elected but he was, now it is time to quit peeing and moaning, man up (or woman up) and support him. He will make mistakes, however, his mistakes have been made in an effort to make improvements in the country. He is not trying to make a fortune under the table as other politicians have. He doesn't need it, he has his own. But, then again, there are those who have been in politics for years and leaving office as millionaires, all at the expense of a hurting nation.

These demonstrations are making women look like fools and showing just how dumbed down our younger people are. The signs they carry are filled with the "F" bomb and other comments that are beneath contempt. Unfortunately, some parents are exposing their young children to this lunacy rather than try to shield them from such ignorance. Women wearing costumes looking like vaginas indicates just how insensitive and crude they have become. If this is the way the country is going to continue, we will soon become as primitive as the Muslims over which some of our troubles have started. I see a reverse crusade coming, Muslims against us!

Look at it this way. I'm sure you believe you have the right to keep unwanted people off you property. you could have a "No Trespassing" sign to let them know to stay away.
    Well I look at it the same way. Trump ha issued a "No Trespassing" order to Terrorist and people that are ub wanted in America. There is no law or constitution that gives anyone the right to come to America from another country, unwanted. Just as there is no law that gives people the right to come on your property unwanted.

4. Why not use the same things anti-gunners say.

" If one life is saved , it is worth giving up the liberty of others"

Thanks to Trump's vaguely written executive order, apparently no input from DOJ, DHS, or DOD in writing this order, vague guidance to agencies on how to execute this order, the completely conflated issues of refugees vs. immigrants on work visas vs. permanent residents and of newly arriving immigrants that enter the US for the first time vs. immigrants already living in the US, we are in an unnecessary, self-created mess. Trump broke it, now he owns it.

Chris Kyle's Iraqi interpreter was initially defending this executive order, until he apparently realized that it applies to him. LOL.

6. A post from another forum . Take it for what is worth

On the 11th I was a FDNY Captain of a double company house where everybody working was killed. For some reason people came to me to confess their September 11th experience. Two Police Officers from NJ told me they couldn't figure out why all the Muslims were down at the waterfront looking at Manhattan that day with beach chairs and cups of tea... until the first plane hit and they jumped up and down cheering and hugging.

My best friend since childhood, working his second tour as an FDNY Captain, escaped death that day when a poor soul who jumped from the South Tower landed on the fireman next to him as they were heading in. My friend also survived both collapses and worked there for the next 12 hours. His wife is a public school teacher and they both went to work on the 12th. Some time in the next few days the wife's little reading group for 2nd graders deteriorated into a discussion of the tragedy when little Mohamed spoke up to say his older brother was there the day before. "My father told him to go see the towers before they were gone".

A guy who lived in Queens and worked at the World Trade Center told me his Muslim neighbor was after him for weeks to go golfing on the 11th. The guy always told him "No No No, Got to go to work". The morning of the 11th the Muslim shows up at the front door as he's leaving for work to say "Let me take you to breakfast." He went to breakfast and lived. The fireman who lived on the other side of the Muslim died in the towers. The neighbor told the FBI but the Muslim neighbor moved out of the country before the FBI got to talk to him. My friends little teacher wife also called the FBI. Same deal.

The US AG has directed the DOJ not to defend Trump's executive order

Acting US Attorney General tells DOJ lawyers not to defend Trump's travel ban

Acting U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates, a Democratic appointee, directed Justice Department attorneys not to defend President Donald Trump's controversial executive refugee and immigration ban, declaring Monday that she was not convinced that the order was lawful.

Her directive was likely to be temporary, given that Sen. Jeff Sessions, Trump's pick for attorney general, will likely move to uphold the president's policy. Sessions is awaiting Senate confirmation.

Still, Yates' abrupt decision deepened the chaos surrounding Trump's order. At least three top national security officials - Defense Secretary James Mattis, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Rex Tillerson, who is awaiting confirmation to lead the State Department - have told associates they were not aware of details of directive until around the time Trump signed it. Leading intelligence officials were also left largely in the dark, according to U.S. officials.

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations committee, said that despite White House assurances that congressional leaders were consulted, he learned about the order in the media.

This could become interesting. Will Trump fire U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates? At the moment, she is the only DOJ official authorized to allow FISA warrant applications. Also, the rest of the DOJ leadership that would replace her until Sen. Jeff Sessions gets confirmed supports her decision.

It is also interesting to note that my Senator, who is the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations committee, was not informed by the Trump administration about this executive order.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Look at it this way. I'm sure you believe you have the right to keep unwanted people off you property. you could have a "No Trespassing" sign to let them know to stay away.
    Well I look at it the same way. Trump ha issued a "No Trespassing" order to Terrorist and people that are ub wanted in America. There is no law or constitution that gives anyone the right to come to America from another country, unwanted. Just as there is no law that gives people the right to come on your property unwanted.
    It is a little bit more complicated than that. Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) do have a number of Constitutional rights, which is why the Trump administration had to reverse its course on enforcing the executive order on Green Card holders. Immigrants coming to the US on a work, student or visitor visa, especially when they already live in the US, have a number of Constitutional rights too. The executive order gave zero guidance to law enforcement agencies on how to deal with this, which is why pretty much every case can be challenged in court.

I understand that you have no knowledge of immigration law or process, but when an immigrant who already has a visa or Green Card is not allowed into the country, a specific lawful process needs to be followed as due process applies, for example. Trump's executive order short-circuted this, which is why judges could grant stays in the first place.

None of this would have been an issue if Trump's executive order simply stated that US embassies will not process visa applications for citizens from these countries for the next 90 days to implement a better vetting process. That is what past immigration restrictions did, and that is what would have worked without problems and without a nation-wide mobilization of the ACLU and immigration lawyers. But since it's Trump, it has to be messy with bigly media theater.

9. GO TRUMP ! Let some cheer and some cry, it will all work out in the end.

10. Trump should have waited on this one. He will never get his Supreme Court nominee past the Democrats (and some Republicans) in the Senate now. Getting his person on the Supreme Court was way more important than this order which pissed off his opponents to the extent this act did when it could have waited until after his Supreme Court nominee was confirmed - or there was evidence it would be blocked.

He can now only hope to gain a super majority in the Senate at mid term elections, but my thoughts are that the Dems have learned their lesson hard and they won't let a defeat happen again.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    It is a little bit more complicated than that. Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) do have a number of Constitutional rights, which is why the Trump administration had to reverse its course on enforcing the executive order on Green Card holders. Immigrants coming to the US on a work, student or visitor visa, especially when they already live in the US, have a number of Constitutional rights too. The executive order gave zero guidance to law enforcement agencies on how to deal with this, which is why pretty much every case can be challenged in court.

I understand that you have no knowledge of immigration law or process, but when an immigrant who already has a visa or Green Card is not allowed into the country, a specific lawful process needs to be followed as due process applies, for example. Trump's executive order short-circuted this, which is why judges could grant stays in the first place.

None of this would have been an issue if Trump's executive order simply stated that US embassies will not process visa applications for citizens from these countries for the next 90 days to implement a better vetting process. That is what past immigration restrictions did, and that is what would have worked without problems and without a nation-wide mobilization of the ACLU and immigration lawyers. But since it's Trump, it has to be messy with bigly media theater.
    I can agree with you that Trump stepped on his wang with golf shoes when he issued this order without consulting with others in his administration and, for that, he is catching a lot of flak.
    Deservedly so and this should teach him to keep others in the loop before going off like Don Quixote after a windmill. OK, chalk that up to experience but do not try to run him out of office for that. Look at the things Obama did that were against the country but nothing ever happened to him. Trump was trying to help, not destroy the country. If Obama hadn't been so haughty concerning Muslims and had enforced our own immigration laws, the problem might not be as serious as it is now. I still have to give Trump credit for at least doing something. Next he needs to fire every person in the Justice Department who thinks they can ignore his actions. That is indicative of how far our country has fallen and how inconsequential our laws have become to those who should be enforcing them! God help us all and protect us from the evil that is overtaking us!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast