Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

1. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    before going off like Don Quixote after a windmill.
    Donald Quixote Trump.... now that's just funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I don't think that Trump is leaning anything from his mistakes. Let's not forget, he did a number of great mistakes during the campaign. Well, he is President now. His mistakes have actually an impact on the nation.

The best he can do is to walk back his executive order to what I already explained. Apply it to those seeking new visas. Those with existing visas could be reviewed at anytime anyway, just don't block them from entering without cause (which creates the legal mess). I think that would be fine in terms of the rest of his agenda, including getting Sessions confirmed.

As for the SCOTUS nominee, let's not kid ourselves. Democrats will block him no matter what. That's their battleground and this will require the nuclear option.

I would not call for a "Saturday Night Massacre" at the DOJ. That would just compound the issue. Also, they may be no-one left with a law degree at the DOJ afterwards. There is also something called an Oath of Office. That oath is to the Constitution and not to the President.

I, [name], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Now, that is really funny! I miss the like button.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Donald Quixote Trump.... now that's just funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Meanwhile: Trump administration to allow 872 refugees into U.S. this week

The U.S. government has granted waivers to let 872 refugees into the country this week, despite President Donald Trump's executive order on Friday temporarily banning entry of refugees from any country, according to an internal Department of Homeland Security document seen by Reuters.

A Homeland Security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the waivers, noting that the refugees were considered "in transit" and had already been cleared for resettlement before the ban took effect.

Refugees preparing for resettlement typically have severed personal ties and relinquished their possessions, leaving them particularly vulnerable if their plans to depart are suddenly canceled.

It looks like they are walking back Trumps EO.

-c3dxaphvcaezfvr.jpg-large.jpg

This means that the US currently does not have a government official that can approve FISA warrants.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

This means that the US currently does not have a government official that can approve FISA warrants.

That just gives the Senate Republicans reason to confirm Sessions as Attorney General over the whining of the Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Now, that is really funny! I miss the like button.
    Yeah, I wish I could take credit for it, but I just googled it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

That just gives the Senate Republicans reason to confirm Sessions as Attorney General over the whining of the Dems.
    I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu4...ature=youtu.be

This is an informative video that shows all this hoopla about Trump is more something contrived by MSM and the Left to cause actually unwarranted consternation throughout the country. As usual George Soros is said to be behind the protests. Money can do a lot of things and makes some out to be prostituting themselves for money only, not good government practices. One thing of note in the video was the picture of the EMPTY refugee camp in Saudi Arabia capable of holding 3 MILLION refugees. The camp is said to have power, plumbing and air conditioning. I am curious to know why some of the refugees are not being taken in by the Saudis and not forced upon the US, Canada, and Europe. After all, these are Middle Eastern people and what better place for them than in the Middle East?

Our immigration policies are totally out of whack and should not be directed by protesters who have little, if any, knowledge of the correct procedures for entering the US. Our rules have to be enforced for the security of the country rather than irrational, and crazed emotions.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Trump should have waited on this one. He will never get his Supreme Court nominee past the Democrats (and some Republicans) in the Senate now. Getting his person on the Supreme Court was way more important than this order which pissed off his opponents to the extent this act did when it could have waited until after his Supreme Court nominee was confirmed - or there was evidence it would be blocked.

He can now only hope to gain a super majority in the Senate at mid term elections, but my thoughts are that the Dems have learned their lesson hard and they won't let a defeat happen again.
    There's another more likely scenario that won't take near that long. Reid et al pulled the trigger on the "nuclear option" back in 2013, but they left only one exception to eliminating the filibuster - SCOTUS appointments. McConnell et al could deploy a small suitcase nuke to eliminate that exception, and they can do it within a very short period of time if all the Republicans are united on it. There is nothing in The Constitution preventing the majority from riding roughshod over a rules change. McConnell could set the wheels in motion tomorrow just a minute after Trump finishes his announcement of his pick.

This is a test. We will find out very soon whether or not there's any real difference between Dems and Reps. I'll go out on a limb and predict that the Uniparty will prevail. There will be no second nukes going off in the Senate and the supposed "minority" will control whether or not Trump gets one of his own picks confirmed, or one of the Dem's picks. If Senate Republicans don't drop the nuke again, it proves the Uniparty is in full control.

I have a feeling that both Trump and Senate Republicans are about to screw the pooch with this pick, and it's quite possible that this pick could prove that Trump voters screwed the pooch already. I've known in my heart that Trump is a phony since he first announced his candidacy. If I'm right about the significance of the implications for this one appointment for all, either a lot of delusions are about to be shattered, or a lot of truth about Republicans' fealty to pro-life issues is going to be exposed for everyone to see as nothing more important than a political football to be kicked around the field when it suits the whims of party bosses.

We'll see in about six hours from now I reckon.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

'This is not a Muslim ban!' Trump defends his 'extreme vetting' order as he says Obama created the list of seven targeted countries and did the SAME THING to Iraqi refugees in 2011.

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast