Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

1. Rove has been against Trump from the start. He is a part of the GOP that has caused so many problems.
    He is a major part of the swamp cesspool that needs draining or pumping out.

Sometimes I think he wishes Hillary had been elected.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Rove has been against Trump from the start. He is a part of the GOP that has caused so many problems.
    He is a major part of the swamp cesspool that needs draining or pumping out.

Sometimes I think he wishes Hillary had been elected.
    I guess trying to read and understand what Rove actually said is out of the question then? Even if it makes more sense than President Trump's amateur EO? That's the problem with the continuing stupidity. The election is over. President Trump needs to be an actual President and not act like a 5-year old.

Not a single government agency or department was involved in crafting this EO. Congress wasn't involved either. Just President Trump's "brain trust". Would you want the President giving executive orders without talking to his own corresponding Departments or that actually might be affected? Let's declare war against Iran, but not tell the DOD or Congress about it. Let them find it out when it gets reported on FOX News. Makes totally sense.

A Federal Judge in Los Angeles has effectively halted President Trump's EO for people that already have their visa. This means that if President Trump had followed Rove's advise, he could have avoided mobilizing tens of millions in donations for the ALCU and many of the protests. May be that was President Trump's plan though? Mobilizing the left!

FYI: President Trump banned Iraqi fighter pilots training in the U.S. to fight ISIS. Was that inadvertently or on purpose? If President Obama had done that, you would certainly call President Obama a muslim and ISIS sympathizer. Does that mean that President Trump is now a muslim and ISIS sympathizer? Meanwhile, the Air Force is trying to get these pilots exempt from the EO.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I guess trying to read and understand what Rove actually said is out of the question then? Even if it makes more sense than President Trump's amateur EO? That's the problem with the continuing stupidity. The election is over. President Trump needs to be an actual President and not act like a 5-year old.

Not a single government agency or department was involved in crafting this EO. Congress wasn't involved either. Just President Trump's "brain trust". Would you want the President giving executive orders without talking to his own corresponding Departments or that actually might be affected? Let's declare war against Iran, but not tell the DOD or Congress about it. Let them find it out when it gets reported on FOX News. Makes totally sense.

A Federal Judge in Los Angeles has effectively halted President Trump's EO for people that already have their visa. This means that if President Trump had followed Rove's advise, he could have avoided mobilizing tens of millions in donations for the ALCU and many of the protests. May be that was President Trump's plan though? Mobilizing the left!

FYI: President Trump banned Iraqi fighter pilots training in the U.S. to fight ISIS. Was that inadvertently or on purpose? If President Obama had done that, you would certainly call President Obama a muslim and ISIS sympathizer. Does that mean that President Trump is now a muslim and ISIS sympathizer? Meanwhile, the Air Force is trying to get these pilots exempt from the EO.
    You do make some very important points concerning Trump's actions but it seems that you are not taking into account that he hasn't the continuity of government that even Obama had when he entered office. Nothing Trump does now goes without criticism from the Democrats and bold statements that they will try to undo everything Trump tries to do. Maxine Waters has refused to consider his actions, others have made similar statements and accused him of being a fraudulent president. The Acting AG refused a directive from Trump and was fired immediately. She should have never gone against him without at least conferring with him first and them trying to work out a peaceful solution to the issue. She didn't have the authority to make that call on her own and it bit her hard. Also, she is a Democrat. Did that have anything to do with her refusal? Are the Democrats so stupid that they think they can, and will, run over him without any repercussions?

At one time the president was measured by what he did, or accomplished, in his first one hundred days in office. Why are people unwilling to give Trump that same latitude? None of us are so wise that we can foretell what he will do in that time. The man isn't stupid and I assume will learn from his mistakes. When he gets his selections of people in place, people he can trust to help him to make good decisions, I'm quite sure things will be much better and on an even keel. Obama left Trump a mess of this country. His foreign policy is a shambles that Trump has to deal with, he has to deal with foreign leaders who have ignored Obama for eight years and have wreaked havoc around the world. Our economy, contrary to what the media says, is in terrible shape. The list goes on and on. The country is in a state of unrest like never before and, rather than condemn everything Trump is trying to do, we need now, more than ever, to come together as a country and work together. If we, collectively, seem to know what is wrong in the country, why aren't we working with our representatives and offering sound decisions to help rather than constantly criticize?
    Or, is it possible that we are whizzing in the wind about everything and accountable for nothing?

5. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

I don't judge Rove over one statement he made. I have watched him and his statements over the years and I say again " He is a major part of the elite GOP that needs draining or pumping out"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    You do make some very important points concerning Trump's actions but it seems that you are not taking into account that he hasn't the continuity of government that even Obama had when he entered office. Nothing Trump does now goes without criticism from the Democrats and bold statements that they will try to undo everything Trump tries to do. Maxine Waters has refused to consider his actions, others have made similar statements and accused him of being a fraudulent president. The Acting AG refused a directive from Trump and was fired immediately. She should have never gone against him without at least conferring with him first and them trying to work out a peaceful solution to the issue. She didn't have the authority to make that call on her own and it bit her hard. Also, she is a Democrat. Did that have anything to do with her refusal? Are the Democrats so stupid that they think they can, and will, run over him without any repercussions?

At one time the president was measured by what he did, or accomplished, in his first one hundred days in office. Why are people unwilling to give Trump that same latitude? None of us are so wise that we can foretell what he will do in that time. The man isn't stupid and I assume will learn from his mistakes. When he gets his selections of people in place, people he can trust to help him to make good decisions, I'm quite sure things will be much better and on an even keel. Obama left Trump a mess of this country. His foreign policy is a shambles that Trump has to deal with, he has to deal with foreign leaders who have ignored Obama for eight years and have wreaked havoc around the world. Our economy, contrary to what the media says, is in terrible shape. The list goes on and on. The country is in a state of unrest like never before and, rather than condemn everything Trump is trying to do, we need now, more than ever, to come together as a country and work together. If we, collectively, seem to know what is wrong in the country, why aren't we working with our representatives and offering sound decisions to help rather than constantly criticize?
    Or, is it possible that we are whizzing in the wind about everything and accountable for nothing?
    Part of Rove's comment was that President Trump had started taking actions without having his own people in place. That's like pitching a ball without having the rest of your team on the field. That's the incompetence Rove was, in part, talking about. The other part is how this announcement was made. For several days no one knew exactly what it meant, until federal judges stepped in. In contrast, look at President Trump's roll out of his SCOTUS nominee. That was very professional. If you look at VP Pence's interview yesterday on the EO, that was very professional too. Why did it take almost a week to make a public statement like this? Instead, we get tweets.

As for blaming things on President Obama, President Trump is the President now and it is his job to fix the errors of the past and not to create new ones. Only losers make mistakes and then don't acknowledge them and blame the predecessor. I don't expect President Trump to do that. President Obama certainly did that when he took office.

FYI: I have been working with my representatives. Unfortunately, President Trump ignored them, especially Sen. Bob Corker (TN-R), the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. President Trump's EO impacted businesses I work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I don't judge Rove over one statement he made. I have watched him and his statements over the years and I say again " He is a major part of the elite GOP that needs draining or pumping out"
    I understand that. However, I look beyond personal politics crap like that and realize that President Trump simply made an unforced error. It doesn't make it less true because Rove called him out on that. I look at the facts, while many of President Trump's followers just don't care and cheer on like lemmings.

-121o.jpg
    Something to think about.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Well, if you chose to believe that this is actually happening, then this is your problem. As I explained already, President Trump banned Iraqi fighter pilots training in the U.S. to fight ISIS. These are people that have been vetted properly. I guess President Trump is now an ISIS sympathizer.

Meanwhile, immigrants from nations that already committed terrorist attacks in the US during the Obama Presidency are not included in this ban. I guess President Trump is now a sympathizer with terrorists planning to attack the US.

President Trump's EO is a political stunt that does more harm than any good. No Internet meme will change that. Unfortunately, logic does not apply with followers of either administration, President Obama or President Trump. It is all about media propaganda, not facts.

Fact is also that a Federal Judge in Los Angeles has effectively temporarily halted President Trump's EO for people that already have their visa. In other words, now, after a week of chaos, uncertainty, false information, and fund raising for the ALCU, President Trump's EO is exactly the same as immigration restrictions that happened under President Obama. The Federal Judge's rule is temporary and we will hear soon if we go back to that chaos and uncertainty.

President Obama was the biggest gun salesman in US history, as he constantly created fear with US gun owners. It looks like President Trump will be the ALCU's biggest fund raiser in history, as he will be constantly creating fear with US civil rights groups.

Something to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    -121o.jpg

About that "Inconvenience"

According to the DOJ, at least 100,000 visas have been revoked within the past week based on President Trump's EO. The State Department says 60,000 visas have been revoked. The 100,000 number has been entered in a court record, while the 60,000 number was a public political statement by someone who does not face the threat of perjury. Now, there are definitely not 100,000 refugees trying to come to the US from these 7 countries, so who's visas have been actually blankly revoked here and with what justification? This is the largest mass revocation of visas in US history, by the way.

Arrow Federal Judge halts President Trump's EO Nationwide

From Federal judge in Seattle temporarily halts Trumpís immigration order nationwide:

A federal judge in Seattle brought the Trump administrationís executive order on immigration to a halt nationwide Friday, issuing a temporary restraining order in U.S. District Court until further hearings can be held.

The hearing came about after the Attorneys General of Washington and Minnesota filed a lawsuit seeking to halt President Donald Trumpís Jan. 27 executive order restricting immigration to the United States from seven Muslim-majority countries. It also placed restrictions on refugees entering the country.

Judge Robart says the state proved that local economy and citizens have suffered irreparable harm and an injunction should be applied.

The ruling was handed down by Judge James L. Robart, a Seattle native who is an appointee of President George W. Bush.

Robart is no stranger to high-profile cases Ė he is also the federal judge in charge of overseeing the reform of the Seattle Police Department.

Massachusetts, New York and Virginia have also joined third-party lawsuits challenging the order. A federal judge in Boston on Friday declined to extend a one-week freeze against Trumpís travel ban, but that applied only for the state of Massachusetts.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast