Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

1. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    No surprise here. This is the same city that wants to use taxpayer funds to provide safe houses for heroin users to shoot up in.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    No surprise here. This is the same city that wants to use taxpayer funds to provide safe houses for heroin users to shoot up in.
    One has nothing to do with the other, unless one wants to use it as some sort of argument to delegitimize a Federal Judge granting a temporary injunction after the state proved that local economy and citizens have suffered irreparable harm.

4. It can suck to be a non citizen. I won't be losing any sleep over the travel bans. The US denies visas from many other countries based on income and assets. Ain't no body cryin over them folks. If these banned muslims are such prized people, the rest of the world will line up to take them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    it can suck to be a non citizen. I won't be losing any sleep over the travel bans. The us denies visas from many other countries based on income and assets. Ain't no body cryin over them folks. If these banned muslims are such prized people, the rest of the world will line up to take them in.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    so true !

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    It can suck to be a non citizen. I won't be losing any sleep over the travel bans. The US denies visas from many other countries based on income and assets. Ain't no body cryin over them folks. If these banned muslims are such prized people, the rest of the world will line up to take them in.
    Most people don't understand that the EO mostly applies to those that are already here. That's the major screw up of this EO. We have delayed issuing new visas in the past, so that wouldn't be anything new. However, revoking visas of people that are already here, is new.

It certainly sucks to be a US employer that just lost his long-term employee, because she can't come back to the US after a vacation. It certainly sucks to be a US company that looses out on a contract, because the customer was not allowed into the country. It certainly sucks to be a US employee for a foreign parent company that will get his pink slip, because the employer is bailing. It certainly sucks to be an immigrant in the US and not being able to leave the US without leaving home and family behind. High-tech US companies that I work with have been affected.

Many of those 'prized people' are the people that we wanted in the first place, like PhD graduates, engineers and researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).

Arrow President Trump's EO in in the Toilet for Now

For those replying in this thread, realize that the EO is currently not in effect and CBP has begun not enforcing it and reinstating all revoked visas. The DOJ is planning to challenge Judge Robart's ruling. This could end up in a long drawn-out court battle with appeals and continuing injunctions against the EO.

As I said from the beginning, simply delaying issuing new visas and putting all relevant existing visas under review would not have ended up in this mess. Incompetence at its best.

8. Incompetent or not, it's not a national crisis. It'll all get worked out and the left will continue to pretend that muslims are friendly humanitarians. And demonize those who disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    For those replying in this thread, realize that the EO is currently not in effect and CBP has begun not enforcing it and reinstating all revoked visas. The DOJ is planning to challenge Judge Robart's ruling. This could end up in a long drawn-out court battle with appeals and continuing injunctions against the EO.

As I said from the beginning, simply delaying issuing new visas and putting all relevant existing visas under review would not have ended up in this mess. Incompetence at its best.
    bofh: Old son, you are mighty loose with that word "incompetence." As I follow your comments, you seem to expect Trump to do everything absolutely right from the start, which I guarantee will not happen. No one ever has, and it is doubtful that anyone ever will. He is in a new arena, without all of his lieutenants in place, but is trying to do the things he promised while running. Why don't you wait until he has had the chance to operate with all of his advisers and the time to give thought to what needs to be done and then criticize? Maybe then he would have made different decisions in the EO and without such discordance. For whatever mistakes he has made thus far, I have to give him credit for trying to correct some of the problems of the last few years.

I agree with your comment of possibly delaying the action he took until things could have been worked out in better fashion. One thing all of his detractors should have taken note of is that he does mean business and will act. Now he needs help with his actions to insure he doesn't get off in left field by himself! With the judge's ruling, Trump will now have to sit down and seek guidance on how to remedy the problem. When he has all of his cabinet heads in place, and makes decisions with their advice, maybe he will show that he is capable of doing the job. If not, I will then join you in using the word "incompetence" when referring to him. But, to this point, he is like a breath of fresh air to me! My most serious complaint about him is that he should stay off his Twitter account. That I consider to be rather childish.

I am not trying to cross swords with you. We have heard nothing but disparaging remarks for so long it would be nice to hear some favorable comments on occasion. He HAS done a few things right but we don't hear much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    bofh: Old son, you are mighty loose with that word "incompetence." As I follow your comments, you seem to expect Trump to do everything absolutely right from the start, which I guarantee will not happen. No one ever has, and it is doubtful that anyone ever will. He is in a new arena, without all of his lieutenants in place, but is trying to do the things he promised while running. Why don't you wait until he has had the chance to operate with all of his advisers and the time to give thought to what needs to be done and then criticize? Maybe then he would have made different decisions in the EO and without such discordance. For whatever mistakes he has made thus far, I have to give him credit for trying to correct some of the problems of the last few years.

I agree with your comment of possibly delaying the action he took until things could have been worked out in better fashion. One thing all of his detractors should have taken note of is that he does mean business and will act. Now he needs help with his actions to insure he doesn't get off in left field by himself! With the judge's ruling, Trump will now have to sit down and seek guidance on how to remedy the problem. When he has all of his cabinet heads in place, and makes decisions with their advice, maybe he will show that he is capable of doing the job. If not, I will then join you in using the work "incompetence" when referring to him. But, to this point, he is like a breath of fresh air to me! My most serious complaint about him is that he should stay off his Twitter account. That I consider to be rather childish.

I am not trying to cross swords with you. We have heard nothing but disparaging remarks for so long it would be nice to hear some favorable comments on occasion. He HAS done a few things right but we don't hear much about them.
    Note that I am calling only the part of the EO a product of incompetence that revoked visas, not the part that stopped the refugee program or other parts. Due to the poor communication skills of the WH (see Rove's comment), the different parts of the EO also got conflated, which the right is unable or unwilling to understand and the left uses as an opening for protests and fund raising.

As for the concept of a President hitting the ground running, that can be very dangerous as a President has most of its political capital at the beginning of his term. That's why President Trump needs to act decisively and well planned. This EO does not look like it was well planned.

As I noted in post #17, there are quite a number of excellent parts in the EO, such as reinstating the biometric entry/exit system. That particular system helps us in tracking and flagging people that overstay their visas. From what I understand those parts of the EO stay in effect. I also think that the part about not issuing any new visas that relate to these 7 countries and stopping the refugee program is still in effect. My previous post erroneously called the entire EO as stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    Incompetent or not, it's not a national crisis. It'll all get worked out and the left will continue to pretend that muslims are friendly humanitarians. And demonize those who disagree.
    It is not a national crisis, yet. It is President Trump getting stuck in the mud with a potentially month-long legal process, spending most of his political capital on it.

It'll all get worked out and the right will continue to paint every muslim as a terrorist. And demonize those who disagree. See what I did here? That's the political trap that President Trump has set himself up with this.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast