Trumpsí extreme vetting - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumpsí extreme vetting

1. Just where do you get the idea that the right thinks every muslim is a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Just where do you get the idea that the right thinks every muslim is a terrorist?
    That's not my opinion. That's just the argument the left can very successfully use now. President Trump basically painted himself into that corner with his EO.

The election campaign already showed that the Presidential Candidate Trump had the propensity to make outrageous statements that pained him into a corner and then walk them back to sanity. That worked somewhat during the campaign. Well, the campaign is over. He IS the President. Now he needs to act decicively and well planned. Off-the-cuff remarks or hastily written EOs are a recipe for disaster, as this EO shows. A major part of this EO is suspended and under judicial review. I don't think that this was what President Trump had in mind when he sighed it.

4. Trumpsí extreme vetting

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    It is not a national crisis, yet. It is President Trump getting stuck in the mud with a potentially month-long legal process, spending most of his political capital on it.

It'll all get worked out and the right will continue to paint every muslim as a terrorist. And demonize those who disagree. See what I did here? That's the political trap that President Trump has set himself up with this.
    The right isn't demonizing all muslims. There has been a real effort sine 9/11 to keep beating the drum that not all muslims are bad. This comes from both sides. We already know that without politicians to tell us as though we are to simple to understand.

We also sit and watch 90 year old white people getting frisked at airports. Why? We don't want to offend the muslims.

The problem is with hateful people who want to kill everyone not like themselves. Driven by their intolerant religion. Those with eyes see. Those with ears hear.

If our prior leaders would have been addressing the muslim crisis as they should have we wouldn't have Trump doing it the messy way.

Muslim nations shitholes created by their own people. Leave it over there where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the media likes to keep our country stirred up i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    The right isn't demonizing all muslims. There has been a real effort sine 9/11 to keep beating the drum that not all muslims are bad. This comes from both sides. We already know that without politicians to tell us as though we are to simple to understand.

We also sit and watch 90 year old white people getting frisked at airports. Why? We don't want to offend the muslims.

The problem is with hateful people who want to kill everyone not like themselves. Driven by their intolerant religion. Those with eyes see. Those with ears hear.

If our prior leaders would have been addressing the muslim crisis as they should have we wouldn't have Trump doing it the messy way.

Muslim nations shitholes created by their own people. Leave it over there where it belongs.
    I know that. President Trump is, unfortunately, enacting his policies in a way that creates that image though. He is creating his own PR mess. There is simply no need for that, unless President Trump wants to stir up sentiments on both sides.

As for "leave it over there where it belongs", you do realize that Trump's EO affects immigrants that have been living here already, right? It affects immigrants that helped our troops in Iraq, or that fled these countries before the rise of ISIS, or that were born there and lived for decades in a totally different country (like the UK), or are Christians fleeing prosecution.

The EO had a purpose, but was written so broadly that it went way beyond that. 100,000 visas were revoked within a week (and are getting reinstated now), mostly of people already living here. That has never been done before and was totally unnecessary. The application of the EO to Green Card holders was, by admission of the Trump administration, wrong as well.

Don't confuse refugees with immigrants here under a worker or student visa. These are people we actually want here, mostly because millennials are stupid and tend to study arts or soft science (e.g. political science) and not Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).

Quote Originally Posted by vietvet50 View Post
    Because the media likes to keep our country stirred up i guess.
    Absolutely, and President Trump is providing a lot of help for that right now.

8. Both , you seem like a smart guy and know a lot about things , why do you not apply to be a Trump Advisor ? Then you could get him on the many correct paths you think he should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Both , you seem like a smart guy and know a lot about things , why do you not apply to be a Trump Advisor ? Then you could get him on the many correct paths you think he should follow.
    Because he would fire me on day one for having a different opinion. Also, I already have a better paying job.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I know that. President Don't confuse refugees with immigrants here under a worker or student visa. These are people we actually want here, mostly because millennials are stupid and tend to study arts or soft science (e.g. political science) and not Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
    I haven't missed the fact that this did roll up on existing visa holders. While I would have left existing Visa holders alone, i am not going to get all worked up over this blunder.

I also know full well the difference between an immigrant and a refugee. I have also personally dealt with the immigration process first hand. I learned the hard way just how shitty this government can treat those trying to come here. As a non citizen there just aren't any guarantees that your experience will go well.

Arguing that this gives room for his opponents to complain is dead air. They are going to complain anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    Arguing that this gives room for his opponents to complain is dead air. They are going to complain anyways.
    I agree with everything in your post except with this. The court of public opinion matters. Mobilizing your opposition and fundraising against you matters. There is always a next election.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast