House Resolution HR 45 Proposed - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: House Resolution HR 45 Proposed

The same bill was introduced in 2007 by Rep. Rush and never made it out of committee. he reintroduced it in 2009 and it has been sent to committee to die again.

2009 Version

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

2007 Version

H.R. 2666 [110th]: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

3. just to be safe, I wrote my senators here in Ga asking them to oppose this bill.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The same bill was introduced in 2007 by Rep. Rush and never made it out of committee. he reintroduced it in 2009 and it has been sent to committee to die again.

2009 Version

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

2007 Version

H.R. 2666 [110th]: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)
    I hope you're right. The political winds have changed. Far left lunatics are controlling congress and the white house right now. The bill may die but they could make our lives miserable. Make ammo and guns scarce and extremely expensive. That's why Nobama is gun salesman of the year right now. Some states are trying to pass laws to put serial numbers on shell casings or microstamping the pin. WTF. Most shootings are from gangsters, go get them not me. It could also put a serious hurt on firearm companies. The bill may not pass but there could be some fall out.

wolfhunter Guest
    51% -
    HR 45 is flying under the radar only in the sense that it isn't getting media attention. The bill has ONE sponsor, NO co-sponsors, and has been referred to the House Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. You can check up on Congressional bills here: GovTrack.us: Tracking the U.S. Congress

I sent this to my senator.
    This part I didn't say.

Dear Senator Nelson;

I have just read portions of HR-45 and I am horrified for various reasons.

1. What ever happened to state's rights much less the 2nd amendment? I know at least 39 state issue fire arms licenses with back ground checks.

2. The amount of money that this will cost to the taxpayer is enormous and one doesn't have to be an economist to know that with this many people unemployed, where is the money coming from?

3. For one to give up their medical records to the government for any reason is horrifying.

4. People will be "selling" their guns and many more guns will be underground. Look at New York City where I grew up---the only guns on the street are either the police or the CRIMINALS!!!

Do we all (including all those on Capitol Hill) need a history lesson?

a. The great depression strikes---Hitler is elected to office in Germany. After the German Parliment votes to allow him signing statements he takes over the government.
    b. He promises a better life to the Germans and starts printing money(sound familiar)?
    c. He passes a decree that all weapons will be registered.
    d. Germany goes into hyper-inflation and it costs 1 million marks to buy a loaf of bread. People go to work with wheelbarrows to get paid.
    e. The German government knew where all the guns were due to the earlier registration of weapons and all guns are confiscated by the Nazi authorities. All the guns owned by people who had Jewish sounding last names were confiscated first. Then the people who were Hitler's adversaries had their weapons confiscated.

I never thought that I lived in a country where this could happen. As I write this I remember my mother's words (she escaped the Holocaust as a child), "it happened there and it could happen here."

I can only say to you please don't let this happen here.

Please let me know how you stand on HR45, and remember, silence will alllow this to happen in America.

I look foward to your reply.
    Respectfully submitted,

PS: This scares the **** out of me. Are they trying to get gun owners to revolt so they can toss us all in jail. "They will pry my gun out of my cold dead hand", seems to be coming a reality.
    Knock knock that must be the BATF at my door.
    Last edited by risque1; 02-21-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: make an addition

wrote all my reps last week!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

there was something posted on other forums and even mentioned on Glenn Beck's show that HR-45 was slipped into the 1000 plus page stimulous bill. my brother in law was researching that a lot and found out that this was not the case... we think... but holy crap how scary would that be? no one had time to read through all those pages.. it was rushed through and signed... what if something like that had been in there?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I just sent his off to Senator Reid:

Dear Senator Reid,
    I recently heard a few positive remarks about you on the NRA Sirius radio program Cam & Company. This prompted me to do some research into your stance on the issues as well as your voting record. Although we disagree on a lot of things, one area where we seem to have common ground is the issue of gun control. I want to thank you for your efforts to protect our 2nd amendment rights and to encourage you to "stick to your guns". I specifically want to encourage you to oppose the senseless legislation currently introduced or planned. HR45, Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act, is nothing more than a firearms registration scheme. It also seeks to make purchases more difficult for law abiding citizens. Looking back through history, registration seems to always foreshadow confiscation. Also, Attorney General Holder's remarks about reinstating the assault weapons ban based on problems in Mexico were an offense to me and other U.S. citizens. To take away or limit my rights based on another countries issues is wrong and should be considered criminal. Please consider opposing both HR45 and any attempts at an assault weapons ban. I'd also like to ask you to consider sending a letter to Attorney General Holder, similar to the one sent by the Senators from Montana, making the stance of Nevada residents clear. Although I'm a Republican by party, I vote the issues, not the party line. Thanks for your time.

We'll see what he has to say.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Updates on H.R. 45 111th Congress 2009

Updates on H.R. 45 111th Congress 2009

AKA: Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009...
    Yet Another Step Towards Confiscation...

The H.R. 45 MixedInk Group Letter Experiment:
    The H.R. 45 MixedInk Group Letter Experiment

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

Its about time to make sure our A.D.D. representatives in Congress have not forgot where "WE THE PEOPLE" stand on this issue and any remotely resembling it...

Representative Offices - United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Find & Contact Your Representatives In Washington and Locally:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345