People say alcohol and guns don't mix. What about drugs and guns? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: People say alcohol and guns don't mix. What about drugs and guns?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Yep, the very same as the natural or carnal med that wrote these tales in the first place. Of course legend, lore, superstition and the ignorance of the time period contributed a great deal

Why read what I know to be nothing more than the legend, lore, superstition of the day, well seasoned with the level of ignorance of the day. I understand why man didn't know where the sun went at night, the same way 'physicians' of the day thought blood letting or boring holes in the skull would benefit the patient. You would run from a doctor that followed such ancient ignorance.

You have missed the boat again, that "ancient ignorance," as you call it, is up to date and you can read it in the papers, TV, and even see it happening in person. To read about it being predicted so many years ago, and being able to see it in person today, should be sufficient for anyone who can be truthful with his/her self. Otherwise, they are in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    [/B]

You have missed the boat again, that "ancient ignorance," as you call it, is up to date and you can read it in the papers, TV, and even see it happening in person. To read about it being predicted so many years ago, and being able to see it in person today, should be sufficient for anyone who can be truthful with his/her self. Otherwise, they are in denial.
    Yes, the media is currently reporting on the danger of religions, be it one religion attacking another religion, or members of one religion attacking members of the same religion because of whom they happen to love, and I have seen it in person, all based on "ancient ignorance".
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Yes, the media is currently reporting on the danger of religions, be it one religion attacking another religion, or members of one religion attacking members of the same religion because of whom they happen to love, and I have seen it in person, all based on "ancient ignorance".
    We are still at an impasse XD and apparently will never agree. Keep watching how things are unfolding and in accordance with the Bible. If events happen, as foretold, will that lend any credence to what we have said or, just be a coincidence?

We are still at an impasse XD and apparently will never agree. Keep watching how things are unfolding and in accordance with the Bible. If events happen, as foretold, will that lend any credence to what we have said or, just be a coincidence?
    Well if I had held my breath for every "prediction based on a fairy tale", you could call me Papa Smurf.

But the next time I see a terrorist attack motivated by a religion, or some whack job shooting up a gay night club, I'll keep that in mind.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Gee Papa, I hate to tell you this but what you are seeing today is exactly what has been predicted. Amazingly accurate! :)

People say alcohol and guns don't mix.  What about drugs and guns?-400x400-papa-smurf.png

Gee Papa, I hate to tell you this but what you are seeing today is exactly what has been predicted. Amazingly accurate! :)
    People hating people over whose imaginary friend is the biggest bad ass, yep, very accurate..... and stupid.

8. Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    People hating people over whose imaginary friend is the biggest bad ass, yep, very accurate..... and stupid.
    XD: I'm curious about any examples you think illustrate Christians "hating" Christians?

Disagreeing definitely.
    Arguing about the disagreements for certain.

But hate? By definition Christians don't hate. Some may seem harsh, but our Lord seemed harsh with some of his teachings too, and to many those teachings are seemingly too harsh, I.e. divorce, abortion.

Speaking of abortion, I don't like the use of the word abort as if it's a flight or a mission when in fact it's no more than sanctioned murder.
    Ancient people did murder the unborn too. Their methods were just less "clinical."

As for marriage, it's a religious institution that the state has their noses in, saying gay 'marriage' is ok and all, but I see it as the government sticking their nose into our religion and therefore prohibited.

If all that isn't clear enough for everyone, I don't believe abortion aka murder, OR divorce is ok. My vows said until death we do part so she's gotta shoot me if she ever wants rid of me!

Finally, to the original post:

In our society guns and drugs already mix on the supply side, and since users typically are already breaking the law in most cases, they'll not bother with disarming to shoot up.

The articles are pretty sad. We're just sooo free that we'll have medically supervised junkies. As long as the government gets to play they're ok with such things?
    What we need to watch for is a tax hike to cover the costs of this little reindeer game. Why not, we already pay to house and feed prisoners better than many war veterans....

This thread is interesting even off track. I like reading all the opinions, especially the ones that remind me why my own are what they are:)

Peace be unto you all,
    ~S

USAF(Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just a tad. ;)

11. So far, so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast