People say alcohol and guns don't mix. What about drugs and guns?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People say alcohol and guns don't mix. What about drugs and guns?

People say alcohol and guns don't mix. What about drugs and guns?

https://www.thefix.com/seattle-offic...-drug-users-us

Seattle and King County are working on establishing not one, but two, safe injection sites where people can use drugs—including heroin—in a medically supervised environment.

Seattle, King County move to open nation’s first safe injection sites for drug users | The Seattle Times

Seattle and King County will create two safe-consumption sites for drug users, the first of their kind in the country, as part of an effort to halt the surge of heroin and prescription opioid overdose deaths in the region, Mayor Ed Murray and County Executive Dow Constantine announced Friday.
    ----------------------------------
    Now, here is where it gets interesting:
    Judge’s ruling ends Seattle parks gun ban | The Seattle Times

Judge’s ruling ends Seattle parks gun ban

You see, Washington has a state firearms preemption law which makes it illegal for cities, counties and municipalities to prohibit firearms in public places not prohibited in state law. And since there are no government provided illegal drug use safe houses yet - there is no state prohibition of possession of firearms in government provided illegal drug use safe houses . Now, I'm pretty sure that Seattle will try to illegally ban firearms in the illegal drug use safe houses, but hopefully they will be shot down in court again - pun intended.

I do wonder what's next? Maybe Seattle allowing people to use their welfare debit cards to purchase heroin with? I remember 45 years ago standing in line for government cheese. Is there going to be lines now for government heroin? You know - for public safety - that way the liberal progressives can make sure that the addicts get pure heroin and not street heroin.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have a 2 drink limit whenever I have my pistol with me, which is always.

So I tend to beers, since I can make 2 beers last longer than anything else.

Sometimes I will get a double of gin or tequila and just drink it slow with a couple of coca cola's.

It shouldn't make any difference whether its alcohol or drugs, if your impaired by just a little amount your mental capabilities are circumspect period. What needs to be done is a road side breath test for marijuana, just like alcohol impairment.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    It shouldn't make any difference whether its alcohol or drugs, if your impaired by just a little amount your mental capabilities are circumspect period.
    Here are a couple or four sentences that comport with the dictionary definition of "circumspect:"

1) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are watchful and discreet.

2) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are cautious.

3) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are prudent.

4) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are well-considered.

You may want to remove that "period," add a comma, and then type something to the effect of, "...if we lived on Bizarro World! HA!" That's the only way that sentence makes any sense, is if you couch it as a joke.

Either that, or you may want to be a bit more circumspect in the words you use when you don't know what they mean.

What needs to be done is a road side breath test for marijuana, just like alcohol impairment.
    Wow. Look at this boys and girls, it's a two'fer! First he says screw the English language, and then he says screw The Constitution and the Fourth Amendment!

Amazing.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

It shouldn't make any difference whether its alcohol or drugs, if your impaired by just a little amount your mental capabilities are circumspect period. What needs to be done is a road side breath test for marijuana, just like alcohol impairment.
    Everybody should know what their limit is.

And that all depends on blood volume.

If you weigh 100 lbs you will have half the blood volume of someone weighing 200 lbs.

1 or 2 drinks (1 or 2 oz of ethanol) do not affect me.

3 drinks does.

4 definitely does.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Here are a couple or four sentences that comport with the dictionary definition of "circumspect:"

1) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are watchful and discreet.

2) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are cautious.

3) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are prudent.

4) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are well-considered....
    Maybe he meant "compromised."

Drinking alcohol is like putting a thief in your mouth to steal your brains.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Drinking alcohol is like putting a thief in your mouth to steal your brains.
    Alcohol is a gift from God to mankind and is as ancient as time.

Jesus was a winemaker himself. And at his final Passover meal of lamb and wheat cakes, he blessed wine and drank it and gave the cup to his apostles to drink of it.

Moses loved wine too and in his books (scrolls) of laws he stated two celebrations each year when wine should be drunk with festive meals.

And even before Jesus and Moses the ancient Greeks and Babylonians were making and drinking wine out of grapes and honey respectively.

Just as Jesus used unleavened bread to represent His body at the last supper, He also used unfermented wine to represent His blood. Leaven and fermentation represent sin in the Bible, and the body and blood of Christ would not have any sin in them.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

4) If you're impaired by just a little amount, your mental capabilities are well-considered.

You may want to remove that "period," add a comma, and then type something to the effect of, "...if we lived on Bizarro World! HA!" That's the only way that sentence makes any sense, is if you couch it as a joke.

Either that, or you may want to be a bit more circumspect in the words you use when you don't know what they mean.

Wow. Look at this boys and girls, it's a two'fer! First he says screw the English language, and then he says screw The Constitution and the Fourth Amendment!

Amazing.

Blues
    And the word Nazi strikes again, Get a fing life, circumspect that.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast