What is one of the first and most important responsibilities of the President?

Thread: What is one of the first and most important responsibilities of the President?

To ensure that our country is safe from either internal or foreign aggression that would harm our country.
    By President Trump placing this temporary bay from these seven countries that have absolutely no internal control over the Islamic Terrorists that find safety there until our country can review our issuing of the visa and green cards that are given to people in these countries is exactly the responsibility of President Trump.
    To hear all of the liberal media and various pundits say over and over again that itís a Muslim ban are voicing a false narrative, to place a false flag to misdirect President Trumps requirement to ensure that our country is safe from either internal or foreign aggression that would harm our country.
    Question, if you knew that there were a number of people in your neighborhood that wanted to do you and your family harm, you as the familyís safe keeper, would you not make sure that you keep your doors and windows locked to keep them out?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

The term "banning muslims" was first mentioned by Presidential candidate Donald Trump, not the media. His words are now coming back to haunt him. May be being less of a loud mouth and more strategic would serve this country's security better?

Also, your characterization of President Trump's executive order is incorrect. As I already pointed out in other threads, it restricts travel to the US of people that have been properly vetted, even according to President Trump's own standard.

As far as your question goes at the end, it is a straw man argument. Yes, I certainly will make sure my doors and windows are locked to keep weirdos like you out.

I think the Trojan horse(s) is/are already in the USA by now.

While I agree with DJT that more cautious vetting is warranted from any Islamic country it seems that he forgot a few like Saudi-Arabia and Pakistan.

And either way I doubt that it will do much good. The rat nest cells are likely already here in the USA.

DJT is doing all he can to protect the USA though. Gotta give him credit there.

Bofh, My question at the end is a direct comparison to Trumps EO, only the aspect of your home and our country are different sizes, both are needed to keep bad people who what to do you & us harm.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Bofh, My question at the end is a direct comparison to Trumps EO, only the aspect of your home and our country are different sizes, both are needed to keep bad people who what to do you & us harm.
    Thank you for making my point that you set up a straw man argument. I will certainly make sure to keep dangerous people like you out of my home, while inviting those in that I can benefit from.

President Trump's EO does nothing like this. It declares everyone from those 7 countries dangerous for the next 90 or 120 days, even those we already know are not dangerous and are already here. Why? Because of a campaign promise!

I guess you regularly invite people to your home and then unexpectedly throw them out with some allegation that they are now deemed dangerous, although they have done nothing wrong.

If I regularly invite people to your home and then find out they want to do me or my family harm, damned right I'll throw them out ASAP, it's called being responsible, which is what Trump is doing, which is something Obama didn't seem was needed. If they can't be vetted them they don't get in, period.

If I regularly invite people to your home and then find out they want to do me or my family harm, damned right I'll throw them out ASAP, it's called being responsible, which is what Trump is doing, which is something Obama didn't seem was needed. If they can't be vetted them they don't get in, period.
    Unfortunately, our President is agreeing with you in using completely illogical arguments.

President Trump's EO revoked Green Cards and visas for people that are already in the US. The legal consequence of that is that they can stay, but if they ever choose to travel abroad they can't come back in. If these people are so dangerous that we shouldn't let them back in, why are they allowed to stay?

To use your straw man argument, you are actually not throwing people out of your house, you are just telling them that if they ever leave, they won't be allowed back in. Why would you do that if they are so dangerous?

There is zero evidence that these people being dangerous was the reason for this EO. There is ample of evidence that prejudice was the reason for the EO.

Didn't Trump revise the green care and visa requirements? I agree the start of his EO was screwed up, but it was fixed. It all comes down to having the security of our country above the desire of people in Islamic terrorist countries to enter it and possibly do us harm. There have been numerous negative actions from refuges from some of these 7 countries that have done harm to our people. Just look at the guy in Ohio who hadn't been here for long and drove his car into a group of people at OSU and then started hacking them with a knife and that's only one I can remember.

Didn't Trump revise the green care and visa requirements? I agree the start of his EO was screwed up, but it was fixed. It all comes down to having the security of our country above the desire of people in Islamic terrorist countries to enter it and possibly do us harm. There have been numerous negative actions from refuges from some of these 7 countries that have done harm to our people. Just look at the guy in Ohio who hadn't been here for long and drove his car into a group of people at OSU and then started hacking them with a knife and that's only one I can remember.
    The application of the EO to Green Card holders was, sort-of, suspended based on a WH press statement. It can be resumed at any time as the EO was never re-written. The EO is the legal guidance by the executive branch and not a WH press statement. This has led to unequal application of the EO at different airports in the US until the TRO. Since the EO does not explicitly exclude Green Card holders and applies to all immigrants, it is flat-out unconstitutional. The EO has always applied to current visa holders that are already here. This is flat-out unconstitutional a well.

In both cases, Green Card holders and visa holders that are already here, there is a legal process for revoking immigration status that includes due process. The EO circumvents due process and is therefore unconstitutional. The EO also revokes immigration status based on a blanked suspicion that can not be substantiated with facts. It is based on prejudice and therefore unconstitutional.

The EO was never fixed! So far, the President has refused to rewrite the EO, as this would be an admission that he was wrong. The President's ego is more important than national security. The "official" motivation for the EO was the same as the official motivation of President Obama's temporary immigration restrictions. However, the EO goes way beyond slowing down or temporarily stopping to issue visas for improving the vetting process. The actual motivation for the EO was Presidential Candidate Trump's statement on December 7th, 2015.

Also, the OSU attacker was a Green Card holder! If he hand't committed the attack, he would be still allowed to stay in the US under the EO. Using the OSU attack as a motivation for this EO is therefore a fallacy based on prejudice.

Welcome to the world of facts and logic and not fiction and propaganda.