Canada 's Laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada 's Laws

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Most people would not want any killer around them.

Does not matter to them why they killed -- whether in self defense or on offense.

But there is something that most civilians never learned because they never went to USMC boot camp -- never ass-u-me.

I've heard that the Army teaches that too -- never ass-u-me.
    Well then stop assuming.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Most people would not want any killer around them.

Does not matter to them why they killed -- whether in self defense or on offense.
    An assumption.

But there is something that most civilians never learned because they never went to USMC boot camp -- never ass-u-me.
    Another assumption. Plenty of civilians know that saying about "ass-u-me." It's not something the Marines invented.

I've heard that the Army teaches that too -- never ass-u-me.
    How special.

I can see someone cutting someone else's head off with a machete in self defense. No problem.

I would never ass-u-me facts NOT-IN-EVIDENCE. Legal term. Means the same as ass-u-me only worse.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I can see someone cutting someone else's head off with a machete in self defense. No problem.

I would never ass-u-me facts NOT-IN-EVIDENCE. Legal term. Means the same as ass-u-me only worse.
    Greyhound cannibal interviewer: Vince Li thought he was attacking alien in beheading of Tim McLean - CBS News

McLean had his eyes closed and was listening to music on his headphones when Li suddenly stood up and started stabbing him. As the bus stopped and horrified passengers fled, Li carved up McLean's body, ate portions of it, and displayed the victim's head to some passengers outside the bus.
    Self defense?!? Well, I suppose so....

A Chinese immigrant who beheaded and cannibalized a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in western Canada four years ago thought he was attacking an alien,
    And to think liberals like HKS are losing their minds because Trump only wants to deport aliens. But beheading them and eating their eyeballs is OK, because, you know, it could have been self defense. And instead of ass-u-ming that Li is still hearing the voice of god in his head, we are supposed to just ass-u-me that he's all fine, no longer a danger and will keep taking his medication on his own. What if god tells him he's OK and he doesn't need to take it any longer?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Greyhound cannibal interviewer: Vince Li thought he was attacking alien in beheading of Tim McLean - CBS News

Self defense?!? Well, I suppose so....

And to think liberals like HKS are losing their minds because Trump only wants to deport aliens. But beheading them and eating their eyeballs is OK, because, you know, it could have been self defense. And instead of ass-u-ming that Li is still hearing the voice of god in his head, we are supposed to just ass-u-me that he's all fine, no longer a danger and will keep taking his medication on his own. What if god tells him he's OK and he doesn't need to take it any longer?
    I am liberal in the sense only that I believe in Social Security, Medicare, ACA, lower taxes for the working poor, higher progressive taxes on the rich just like Adam Smith said in his book The Wealth Of Nations, and a safety net for laid off workers.

Since you somehow labelled me as liberal I might as well set you straight on that.

From your link it seems that the killer in this O/P was insane.

He therefore probably belongs in an insane asylum. I am not so liberal that I would ever let him out again, after he has killed one or more person(s).

Thank you for the clarifications. You must have put a lot of time into that.

As for the Canadians involved in the killer's release, they are obviously more liberal than you or I are.

I am concluding that you are not liberal based on your disparagement of that term and trying to label me with it.

False analogy however.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I am liberal in the sense only that I believe in Social Security, Medicare, ACA, lower taxes for the working poor, higher progressive taxes on the rich just like Adam Smith said in his book The Wealth Of Nations, and a safety net for laid off workers.
    He forgot to mention that he also hides in his liberal "safe space" where he doesn't want to hear other views.... a.k.a. just another snowflake.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

8. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    He forgot to mention that he also hides in his liberal "safe space" where he doesn't want to hear other views.... a.k.a. just another snowflake.
    And he also forgot to mention that he supports gun control and believes that carrying a gun in public is and should be a government regulated privilege and not a right.

And he also forgot to mention that he supports gun control and believes that carrying a gun in public is and should be a government regulated privilege and not a right.
    What a fokking liar you have become in your retirement, Sailor Sam.

I support Massad Ayoob's view that public carry is a privilege not a right and allowed by 2A to be regulated by the States.

That's the only control I believe in.

10. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    What a fokking liar you have become in your retirement, Sailor Sam.

I support Massad Ayoob's view that public carry is a privilege not a right and allowed by 2A to be regulated by the States.

That's the only control I believe in.
    Lot's of straw men in these replies so far.

Scalia does an excellent job of interpreting the 2nd Amendment for everyday people.

You just need to accept what he says.

The bottom line is that everyone is assured by the 2nd Amendment against any infringements to own a firearm in their homes.

And the states have the right to regulate public possession any way that their legislatures desire.

So if you live in a "shall-issue" state then be glad about it.

And if you live in a "no-issue" or a "may-issue but does not" state then there is nothing you can do about it except move.
    Guns are like sex however.

It's the dirty little secret that everybody does not want to talk about but everybody does it.

I like Massad Ayoob's viewpoint that public carry is a privilege like a drivers license and warrants training and testing.

But he freely admits that his view is viewed as too progressive by most gun enthusiasts.

Gun ownership in private is a right and should not be infringed. However that also requires training to be safe. And a whole lot of gun owners never get any formal professional training at all.

As far as the far left element like Feinstein and Pelosi who are all anti gun, they can have mine when they peel it from my cold dead hands.
    You clearly stated that you like the view that carrying firearms should require a license such as a driver's license with associated training and testing. That is pro-gun control.

And your views that "the states have the right to regulate public possession any way that their legislatures desire." is 100% false:

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

"The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in December [2012] that it's unconstitutional for Illinois to ban concealed carry. The court gave state officials until June 9 to rectify the shortfall, and later extended that by a month."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You clearly stated that you like the view that carrying firearms should require a license such as a driver's license with associated training and testing. That is pro-gun control.

And your views that "the states have the right to regulate public possession any way that their legislatures desire." is 100% false:

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

"The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in December [2012] that it's unconstitutional for Illinois to ban concealed carry. The court gave state officials until June 9 to rectify the shortfall, and later extended that by a month."
    And the C/A-7 is clearly out of line with the Heller decision, written by Scalia, agreed to by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito.

All you need to do is read. And think. It helps if you think. Before you speak/type.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast