ISIS having access to US passports - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISIS having access to US passports

1. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Are you saying that E-verify doesn't work?

It works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I don't know how many employees you've hired and had thier personal identification processed in your lifetime. I can only say that 15 years in the restaurant business interacting with "amigos" who's legal residential status may be questionable let's you see how illegals work "legally" in this country. Take it for what it is. And as for E-verify, ppfft. But hey, I'm not here to ruffle anyone's feathers just putting in my 2 cents.
    All I am saying is that your information about Green Cards is completely outdated. Your understanding of eVerify seems to be outdated as well. I just hope that you are not involved any hiring process these days.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    All I am saying is that your information about Green Cards is completely outdated. Your understanding of eVerify seems to be outdated as well. I just hope that you are not involved any hiring process these days.
    That's merely your opinion and you're very much entitled to have it. Hiring the individual and the data entry process hasn't changed much in 2 years since I've changed occupation. Do you think I'm the only one who may have unknowingly hired a Mexican or "undocumented immigrant" in this country in the past 20 years? Have you even looked at the construction industry? You're understanding of the reality of the situation seems to be lacking but no worries mate, it's not your fault nor mine. It's just how things are because neither you nor I can do a damn thing about it. No wall will ever change it, no politician will ever change it and me not being involved in hiring anyone will not change it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Quite correct Bofh, eVerify should be mandatory nation wide. I've read that President Trump is really looking at changing this, can't happen soon enough.
    Hopefully he checks with the federal judiciary before attempting any executive action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's merely your opinion and you're very much entitled to have it. Hiring the individual and the data entry process hasn't changed much in 2 years since I've changed occupation. Do you think I'm the only one who may have unknowingly hired a Mexican or "undocumented immigrant" in this country in the past 20 years? Have you even looked at the construction industry? You're understanding of the reality of the situation seems to be lacking but no worries mate, it's not your fault nor mine. It's just how things are because neither you nor I can do a damn thing about it. No wall will ever change it, no politician will ever change it and me not being involved in hiring anyone will not change it.
    As I said, your information about Green Cards is completely outdated. As I said, your understanding of E-Verify seems to be outdated as well.

The mere fact that you didn't seem to know about the existing security features of Green Cards speaks volume. This is basic information that anyone hiring Green Card holders knows. Green Cards issued since May 2004 include holograms. Green Cards issued since May 2010 include holographic images, laser engraved fingerprints and high resolution micro-images. There is not a single non-expired Green Card out there that does not include some sort of security feature.

Verifying the status of any legal immigrant with E-Verify includes checking various databases, such as the USCIS and SSA databases. It is literally impossible to have a "fake" or expired Green Card or other type of visa and not getting flagged by E-Verify.

The biggest issue is illegal aliens presenting themselves as US citizens, but E-Verify can help even in this case. As I said, the only two reasons why illegal aliens are still able to find work in the US are that the use of eVerify is not mandatory and penalties for employing illegal aliens are not really a serious issue. Many restaurants and construction businesses do not use E-Verify on purpose, since they want cheap labor.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    Hopefully he checks with the federal judiciary before attempting any executive action
    The President of the Unites States has exactly zero authority to mandate the use of E-Verify by private businesses using an executive order. This is a republic, not a kingdom. Congress has to enact a law to do that.

Since September 2009, all federal government contractors have to use E-Verify, otherwise they can't do business with the federal government.

The federal government itself uses its own, more complex verification process. Part of that includes sending your PII to China for backup purposes.

E-Verify is mandatory in my state (SC) and a few others. That's why I was wondering how effective it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    E-Verify is mandatory in my state (SC) and a few others. That's why I was wondering how effective it is.
    Yes, since 2012.

Note that the effectiveness of E-Verify is only questioned for the case of illegal aliens posing as US citizens, not for illegal aliens posing as legal aliens. There is literally no way a Green Card or other type of visa can be falsified and not getting flagged by E-Verify.

This entire thread started out with the claim of ISIS having fake US passports, which I debunked. Then it moved on to fake Green Cards, which I debunked. Now, we have moved on to terrorists sneaking into the US as illegal aliens posing as US citizens, which we know could be actually a problem.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Yes, since 2012.

Note that the effectiveness of E-Verify is only questioned for the case of illegal aliens posing as US citizens, not for illegal aliens posing as legal aliens. There is literally no way a Green Card or other type of visa can be falsified and not getting flagged by E-Verify.

This entire thread started out with the claim of ISIS having fake US passports, which I debunked. Then it moved on to fake Green Cards, which I debunked. Now, we have moved on to terrorists sneaking into the US as illegal aliens posing as US citizens, which we know could be actually a problem.
    Actually you've debunked nothing. You did not mention your personal experiences using E-verify or handling "green cards" to give a different point of view as to why I may think what I do. Do you have any experience with the matter? You simply stated the security features on a green card and posted a link. That doesn't qualify as debunking anything. As I said previously there is more than one way to get into the country than using a passport.

Actually you've debunked nothing. You did not mention your personal experiences using E-verify or handling "green cards" to give a different point of view as to why I may think what I do. Do you have any experience with the matter? You simply stated the security features on a green card and posted a link. That doesn't qualify as debunking anything. As I said previously there is more than one way to get into the country than using a passport.
    Yes, I actually do have the experience. That's why I know the things that you apparently don't. I gave the link to USCIS about Green Card security features. That thoroughly debunks your myth about falsifying Green Cards.

You really do not seem to know what you are talking about. Green Cards are issued for 10 years. There is literally not a single non-expired Green Card out there that doesn't have the 2004 or 2010 security features. Also, the current validity of all Green Cards can be verified with E-Verify.

If you, as an employer, accepted any type of Green Card without security features since 2014, then it is your own incompetence that employed an illegal alien. If you, as an employer, did not verify the validity of a Green Card or any other type of work visa using E-Verify, then it is your own incompetence that employed an illegal alien.

The only weakness of E-Verify is that it can not confirm a negative. It can only flag or clear people it knows about. It knows about all valid and all canceled or expired Green Cards and work visas as it checks with USCIS. It also matches SSA records with the social security number and full name provided by the applicant.

As for your last comment about the existence of different ways to get into the country without a passport, please specify what you actually mean. Do you mean legal or illegal entry?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast