National Security Advisor Flynn Resigned
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Security Advisor Flynn Resigned

Arrow National Security Advisor Flynn Resigned

Reuters | Trump national security adviser Flynn resigns in controversy over Russian contacts:

President Donald Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, resigned on Monday night in the midst of a raging controversy about his contacts with Russian officials before Trump took office, a White House official said.

Retired General Keith Kellogg, who has been the chief of staff at the National Security Council, has been named acting national security adviser.
    It looks like he became a liability for the Trump administration after he had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the US. It's still amateur hour at the White House. I guess the warning from the then acting AG Sally Yates that Flynn could be vulnerable to blackmail was ignored by the President. The then DNI Clapper and CIA Director Brennan concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House.

FYI: This was posted 2 days ago. The mentioned FOX Insider story about the FISA warrants is here: Intel Agencies Probing Contact Between Gen. Flynn, Russia For 5 Months.

I liked Flynn, but he forgot the one rule that has gotten so many others in trouble:
    Even if you can get away with doing something, you can still get screwed for lying about it.

Federal laws were broken when the wiretap was released / leaked to the press with Gen. Flynn’s name on it. Someone needs to go to jail for disclosing this fact. I believe that it had to come from the NSA, FBI or CIA by someone from the previous Obama appointees there that want to do harm to the Trump presidency.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by RossA View Post
    I liked Flynn, but he forgot the one rule that has gotten so many others in trouble:
    Even if you can get away with doing something, you can still get screwed for lying about it.
    Exactly!

Nixon found this out the hard way.

Slick Willy found out the hard way too. Of course who would have thought that a Polock girl was going to be saving her dresses with spots on them? You just never know though.

Cheney and Bush got away with it however. They were never impeached for the yellow cake ordeal.

Hillary should have gotten a clue about it too, but she was apparently clueless. She was used to lying to protect Slick and so lying had become a habit with her. She did not fool all of the people all of the time, in the end, on election day, anyway.

Now Flynn falls on his own sword for lying to the VP.

Generals don't seem to be very smart -- to wit Petraeus going all in with Paula Broadwell. Cute girl but not that cute. And they were both married at the time.

Just another day and another scandal. Nothing new about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Federal laws were broken when the wiretap was released / leaked to the press with Gen. Flynn’s name on it. Someone needs to go to jail for disclosing this fact. I believe that it had to come from the NSA, FBI or CIA by someone from the previous Obama appointees there that want to do harm to the Trump presidency.
    I am sure that whoever leaked it did so in a very clandestine manner so at to sink the General without getting caught.

8. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I am sure that whoever leaked it did so in a very clandestine manner so at to sink the General without getting caught.
    He will tell someone, eventually. If he's on the left, he will need the pat on the back...

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    He will tell someone, eventually. If he's on the left, he will need the pat on the back...
    Left or right, spooks are good at keeping secrets.

Sources: Former Obama officials, loyalists planted series of stories to discredit Flynn, bolster Iran deal

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

11. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Left or right, spooks are good at keeping secrets.
    It very well not be a spook but maybe a boss of spooks that got pissed off by Flynn or one of his office people , maybe some hold over in the government that wants to disrupt things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast