Trump & National Security - Let's Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump & National Security - Let's Review

Quote Originally Posted by Fewe2 View Post
    Couple of things in response to all that.

1. How would you react if BO or HC had committed just 1 of these violations of security, let alone 6? My guess it this forum would be screaming for impeachment or criminal prosecution 2. Yes, that Seal's death and the 4 other men wounded in that fight are his fault. He ordered it, he made the call, the buck stops with him, PERIOD. 3. As for your final comment,would you like a safe place snowflake. The tea party and the republican party are directly responsible for the Democratic response going all the way back to 1994. Don't expect sympathy when your playbook of obstructionism, protest, and activism are used against you effectively. Democrats are simply using the playbook that has been shown to work. Elections have consequences and since conservatives have thrown out all the rules of compromise and civility over the last 20+ years, don't expect the old rules to apply. 4. Finally, don't talk about Billionaire infections between Trump, the Kock brothers, Shel Silverstein, the DeVos family, Eric Prince, and Trump's crony cabinet, don't even start on Billionaires infecting the US government. If the republican party had an infection, they'd bypass the hospital ER and be sent straight to an isolation ward because the 2 options for a cure would be a wholesale purge of the party or just letting it die. When was the last time the republicans passed any legislation that actually benefited the American people directly more than it benefited a corporation?

Fewe2: Before you go any further, I would suggest you go back and check on breaches of security by both parties you mention. Those two are responsible for more security violations than the law allows and nothing has happened to them. The reason every Liberal is after Trump is because they got their rear end spanked and he has shown them up during the election. Y'all have had a terminal case of butthurt ever since!

From your comments about Trump being at fault for the SEAL's death and the wounded, have you ever been in the military? Do you know anything about military command structure? Whatever Trump authorized as POTUS, he did on the recommendation of his military commanders, AFTER they had a strategy for the operation. He OK'd the mission on the recommendation of those commanders but he was not directly responsible for the aftermath. Get a grip old son and find out how military decisions are made before you shoot your mouth off.

You refer to a Republican playbook but I don't think you quite understand that the Dems are the ones who, through obstruction and partisan politics, stopped Republican actions. Now that your playbook has failed, you are trying to castigate Trump for making y'all look like fools. You seem to only be able to speak with derision against millionaires. Funny but it seems that they know how to do business, unlike the Democrats who express such a dislike for them. The Dems seem to be envious of those who can accomplish something!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    [/B]

Fewe2: Before you go any further, I would suggest you go back and check on breaches of security by both parties you mention. Those two are responsible for more security violations than the law allows and nothing has happened to them. The reason every Liberal is after Trump is because they got their rear end spanked and he has shown them up during the election. Y'all have had a terminal case of butthurt ever since!

From your comments about Trump being at fault for the SEAL's death and the wounded, have you ever been in the military? Do you know anything about military command structure? Whatever Trump authorized as POTUS, he did on the recommendation of his military commanders, AFTER they had a strategy for the operation. He OK'd the mission on the recommendation of those commanders but he was not directly responsible for the aftermath. Get a grip old son and find out how military decisions are made before you shoot your mouth off.

You refer to a Republican playbook but I don't think you quite understand that the Dems are the ones who, through obstruction and partisan politics, stopped Republican actions. Now that your playbook has failed, you are trying to castigate Trump for making y'all look like fools. You seem to only be able to speak with derision against millionaires. Funny but it seems that they know how to do business, unlike the Democrats who express such a dislike for them. The Dems seem to be envious of those who can accomplish something!
    All I hear is Wha, wha, wah!

Oh, a couple of other things relating to national security too. When was the last time America let a Soviet SigInt ship sit 30 miles off the coast of one of the major submarine bases unchallenged for days? The coast guard is monitoring....but seriously, have you heard him say word 1 about it? He certainly hasn't challenged Russia on that. How about the BLATANT violation of a 30 year old treaty on intermediate range cruise missles by Trump's pal Putin? Again, 0 criticism, 0 challenges. 3 Again, Russia has been repeatedly doing provocative flyby's of our ships in the black sea...Trump's response that I've seen has been crickets.

Again, had any Democrat in the WH had the same lack of response, everyone here would be screaming for that Democrat's head....But you say, let's give him a chance. I say no, impeach him as a the threat to national security he obviously is.
    Fewe2: Here again you are talking about things you aren't aware of, only idle chit chat. For your information, the Russians have violated our airspace in Alaska numerous times in the past but you never hear about that. Do you realize how close Russia is to Alaska in the Bearing Strait? Did you know that Russia has moved troops into that area? Do you, in your infinite wisdom, know how many Russian submarines have supposedly been operating close to the US for the past few years? In other words, how much military expertise do you have and the information to make other than a subjective comment? Where are your verifiable facts? Where is your objectivity? Then, add to that your knowledge of what Trump has done to challenge Russia. Old son, you are just like the rest of us, none of us actually know squat about what is happening and all we can say is conjecture on our parts! Impeach him? Who would we have then and what would make the situation any better? Just sit tight and see how things work out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fewe2 View Post
    International limits are horse hockey, the US claims territorial waters up to 200 miles off our coast. Also if 12 miles were the hard and fast rule, the Russians wouldn't freak out whenever we sail our war ships through "international waters" in the Black Sea. It seems Trump's friend Putin has no problems challenging our right to sail in your "international waters". So your response rings hollow.
    Territorial waters stop at 12 miles. The 200 mile limit is an economic exclusion zone. Unless the Russians are commercial fishing, they are not in violation whatsoever.

Sorry you don't like it, but it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Territorial waters stop at 12 miles. The 200 mile limit is an economic exclusion zone. Unless the Russians are commercial fishing, they are not in violation whatsoever.

Sorry you don't like it, but it's a fact.
    So tell me again why Russian planes are buzzing American ships in international waters?

7. Fewe2 you sound like you are the one crying.... CVS is running sales on tissues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fewe2 View Post
    So tell me again why Russian planes are buzzing American ships in international waters?
    Which has exactly what to do with their ship being 30 miles off our shore?

I'm not defending Russia. The ship is simply not breaking the law.

I'm in favor of our navy taking out any aircraft they think is a threat, and that hasn't changed. If they believe the Russian planes are a threat, they have the means to end that threat.

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Which has exactly what to do with their ship being 30 miles off our shore?

I'm not defending Russia. The ship is simply not breaking the law.

I'm in favor of our navy taking out any aircraft they think is a threat, and that hasn't changed. If they believe the Russian planes are a threat, they have the means to end that threat.
    So you're saying you're fine with a Russian spy ship sitting 30 miles off the coast monitoring one of our major submarine ports? Are you also fine with them blatantly violating a 30 year old cruise missle treaty and our President not even commenting on it, let alone proposing a consequence for it?

So you're saying you're fine with a Russian spy ship sitting 30 miles off the coast monitoring one of our major submarine ports? Are you also fine with them blatantly violating a 30 year old cruise missle treaty and our President not even commenting on it, let alone proposing a consequence for it?
    Fewe2: No one is trying to get into a peeing and moaning contest with you but you are letting your ignorance of maritime laws interfere with your judgement. It makes absolutely no difference how we feel about a Russian intelligence ship sitting off our coast as long as it is in international waters. Our hands are tied unless we want to start an international incident or even possibly a war.
    Foreign military ships are generally immune to certain laws but the US has the right to require them to comply with our laws IN OUR TERRITORIAL WATERS!

Russian fly-bys of our ships are done to provoke us and, if we respond in military fashion, in international waters, we will have committed an act of war. One would have to be very foolish to fall for that. Since their intended mission is to acquire intelligence, the military can employ counter-intelligence measures to preclude them from obtaining much worth while information and be a pain in their backside at the same time.

Russian violation of the missile treaty is of great concern but, don't forget there is an organization called NATO which has as much interest in this situation as we. The US can't do everything so please be aware that we have allies who also have a voice in any response.

I have no doubt our own intelligence agencies and our military are keeping an eye on that ship just as other countries are keeping an eye on the ships WE have in international waters spying on them.

Trump has repeatedly said he is not going to tell anyone what he is going to do beforehand, especially in the military arena, in order to prevent giving any enemies including enemies both foreign and domestic along with political! a heads up. And while there are those who think they are so special that they should be privy to everything Trump is doing and/or thinking of doing I happen to think not letting the whole world know what is coming is very wise.

Not to mention Trump has only been President for less than a month and it is unrealistic to expect him to solve all the countries problems in that short time.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast