Trump & National Security - Let's Review
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump & National Security - Let's Review

Trump & National Security - Let's Review

We're almost 3 and a half weeks into the Trump Administration. He has said making America safe and secure is his number 1 priority. Let's review.

1. He's threatened to invade Mexico

2. Insults Australia's Prime Minister

3. On his first military action, the raid in Yemen, got a SEAL killed while failing to complete the main objective.

4. Ignored security protocol with a classified information bag during a press photo-op

Trump & National Security - Let's Review-trump-intel.jpg

5. Holds an open-air Situation Room at Mar-a-Lago discussing the North Korean launch of a solid fuel missle

Trump & National Security - Let's Review-voghfvad.jpg

6. Allowing photographs of the identity of the man carrying the "Nuclear Football"

Trump & National Security - Let's Review-6__this_is_rick___he_carries_the__football__the____-_richard_deagazio_.jpg

7. Finally, there's disgraced Gen. Michael Flynn, the man in charge of one of America's top security posts, who failed to register as a foreign agent due to his ties with the Turkish Government. Then proceeded to lie to the administration about calls he made to the Russian Ambassador as a civilian, in violation of the Logan Act. Oh, and the man has direct, known ties to Vladimir Putin

Trump & National Security - Let's Review-putin-flynn.jpg

So please, can someone tell us with a straight face how we're safer under Trump than Clinton? Please present more evidence that he has more concern for Operational and National Security than his former opponent. This should be good.

In all seriousness, N.Korea just threw down the gauntlet with their missile launch.

That will require some kind of action.

You guys and gals are all lucky that I am not the POTUS because I would send an airstrike to take out N.Korea's land based missile silos.

Curious to see what DJT will do.

Thank you Reba for that post. Here again is another Liberal respondent making allegations that do not hold up to scrutiny. Of particular note is that Trump caused the death of the Navy SEAL in Yemen. The man was part of a military mission that went awry through no fault of Trump. Contrary to his allegation, the Navy said there was some success to the mission in obtaining materials so it can not be deemed a total failure. Now that he (Fewe2) has commented on the mission, can he explain how the enemy troops seemed to have knowledge of the operation coming to them? It seems that someone enabled the Al Queda by giving them advance notice of the operation and the SEAL's death was a consequence. Who had the knowledge to give the advance warning? Lot of who's, whats, and how comes that should be answered and can not have Trump, personally, held accountable for a military operation. Further, if Fewe2 would do a little research before being quixotic and charging wind mills, he will find that the Mexicans denied that threat of Trump invading Mexico. I don't know how many classified briefings Fewe2 has been to but I have personally attended a number of them. One thing common to those meetings is that personnel involved do bring information with them and, during the briefings, bags, briefcases, boxes and other containers are set on the floor beside those involved. There isn't room on conference tables to hold all that material so what would he propose for them to do with them? Also, is he clairvoyant and can attest that each container does indeed hold classified material? Never can tell, some may contain a sack lunch!

Trump has been in office since Jan. 20 and is still trying to appoint those he wants to help lead the nation. The Democrats are trying to obstruct him by blocking nominations so he can't get everything done and changes made yet so why not give him time to do his job? The Liberals have gone batcrap crazy and will do anything they can to obstruct Trump, even to the detriment of the country. I wonder if the Libs noticed when Obama took office, George Bush got out of town and did not try to undermine Obama. They can't say the same and Obama, if he continues in his actions, he should be prosecuted for the crimes he committed while in office. If the protesters continue to follow Obama and upset the country, that makes them as criminally liable as the "elite" who have caused the country to be in such bad shape. The mega-rich are the ones who have supported the Liberals (Soros, et al) for their own interests, not ours as a country. If these protests continue, they are opening up our country to being taken over by another nation as an act of war. They damn sure will not protest then!

6. You sound like one of those liberal cry babies

Sent from my SM-T377V using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    In all seriousness, N.Korea just threw down the gauntlet with their missile launch.

That will require some kind of action.

You guys and gals are all lucky that I am not the POTUS because I would send an airstrike to take out N.Korea's land based missile silos.

Curious to see what DJT will do.
    Is that all? What about their armed subs? What about their fighter planes? What about all their big guns aimed at S. Korea? Don't hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Thank you Reba for that post. Here again is another Liberal respondent making allegations that do not hold up to scrutiny. Of particular note is that Trump caused the death of the Navy SEAL in Yemen. The man was part of a military mission that went awry through no fault of Trump. Contrary to his allegation, the Navy said there was some success to the mission in obtaining materials so it can not be deemed a total failure. Now that he (Fewe2) has commented on the mission, can he explain how the enemy troops seemed to have knowledge of the operation coming to them? It seems that someone enabled the Al Queda by giving them advance notice of the operation and the SEAL's death was a consequence. Who had the knowledge to give the advance warning? Lot of who's, whats, and how comes that should be answered and can not have Trump, personally, held accountable for a military operation. Further, if Fewe2 would do a little research before being quixotic and charging wind mills, he will find that the Mexicans denied that threat of Trump invading Mexico. I don't know how many classified briefings Fewe2 has been to but I have personally attended a number of them. One thing common to those meetings is that personnel involved do bring information with them and, during the briefings, bags, briefcases, boxes and other containers are set on the floor beside those involved. There isn't room on conference tables to hold all that material so what would he propose for them to do with them? Also, is he clairvoyant and can attest that each container does indeed hold classified material? Never can tell, some may contain a sack lunch!

Trump has been in office since Jan. 20 and is still trying to appoint those he wants to help lead the nation. The Democrats are trying to obstruct him by blocking nominations so he can't get everything done and changes made yet so why not give him time to do his job? The Liberals have gone batcrap crazy and will do anything they can to obstruct Trump, even to the detriment of the country. I wonder if the Libs noticed when Obama took office, George Bush got out of town and did not try to undermine Obama. They can't say the same and Obama, if he continues in his actions, he should be prosecuted for the crimes he committed while in office. If the protesters continue to follow Obama and upset the country, that makes them as criminally liable as the "elite" who have caused the country to be in such bad shape. The mega-rich are the ones who have supported the Liberals (Soros, et al) for their own interests, not ours as a country. If these protests continue, they are opening up our country to being taken over by another nation as an act of war. They damn sure will not protest then!
    Couple of things in response to all that.

1. How would you react if BO or HC had committed just 1 of these violations of security, let alone 6? My guess it this forum would be screaming for impeachment or criminal prosecution 2. Yes, that Seal's death and the 4 other men wounded in that fight are his fault. He ordered it, he made the call, the buck stops with him, PERIOD. 3. As for your final comment,would you like a safe place snowflake. The tea party and the republican party are directly responsible for the Democratic response going all the way back to 1994. Don't expect sympathy when your playbook of obstructionism, protest, and activism are used against you effectively. Democrats are simply using the playbook that has been shown to work. Elections have consequences and since conservatives have thrown out all the rules of compromise and civility over the last 20+ years, don't expect the old rules to apply. 4. Finally, don't talk about Billionaire infections between Trump, the Kock brothers, Shel Silverstein, the DeVos family, Eric Prince, and Trump's crony cabinet, don't even start on Billionaires infecting the US government. If the republican party had an infection, they'd bypass the hospital ER and be sent straight to an isolation ward because the 2 options for a cure would be a wholesale purge of the party or just letting it die. When was the last time the republicans passed any legislation that actually benefited the American people directly more than it benefited a corporation?

Oh, a couple of other things relating to national security too. When was the last time America let a Soviet SigInt ship sit 30 miles off the coast of one of the major submarine bases unchallenged for days? The coast guard is monitoring....but seriously, have you heard him say word 1 about it? He certainly hasn't challenged Russia on that. How about the BLATANT violation of a 30 year old treaty on intermediate range cruise missles by Trump's pal Putin? Again, 0 criticism, 0 challenges. 3 Again, Russia has been repeatedly doing provocative flyby's of our ships in the black sea...Trump's response that I've seen has been crickets.

Again, had any Democrat in the WH had the same lack of response, everyone here would be screaming for that Democrat's head....But you say, let's give him a chance. I say no, impeach him as a the threat to national security he obviously is.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fewe2 View Post
    Oh, a couple of other things relating to national security too. When was the last time America let a Soviet SigInt ship sit 30 miles off the coast of one of the major submarine bases unchallenged for days? The coast guard is monitoring....but seriously, have you heard him say word 1 about it? He certainly hasn't challenged Russia on that. How about the BLATANT violation of a 30 year old treaty on intermediate range cruise missles by Trump's pal Putin? Again, 0 criticism, 0 challenges. 3 Again, Russia has been repeatedly doing provocative flyby's of our ships in the black sea...Trump's response that I've seen has been crickets.

Again, had any Democrat in the WH had the same lack of response, everyone here would be screaming for that Democrat's head....But you say, let's give him a chance. I say no, impeach him as a the threat to national security he obviously is.
    You do understand the definition of International Waters, right? We have a 12 mile limit. Outside of that, any country can navigate without a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    You do understand the definition of International Waters, right? We have a 12 mile limit. Outside of that, any country can navigate without a challenge.
    International limits are horse hockey, the US claims territorial waters up to 200 miles off our coast. Also if 12 miles were the hard and fast rule, the Russians wouldn't freak out whenever we sail our war ships through "international waters" in the Black Sea. It seems Trump's friend Putin has no problems challenging our right to sail in your "international waters". So your response rings hollow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast