Remember this ?????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember this ??????

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    No i stated that former presidents have conversations with foreign leaders, after they leav office. And gave the example of carter. We don't go chasing them and throw the book at them.
    Those past presidents are the same private citizens your are referring to in your law that you citied.

If Flynn had convinced the russians to ignore the order to leave or to take retaliatory action (encouraging them). Then i would fully agree with your interpretation.

So far we only know that he gave them assurance that Trump saw things differently.

You are correct, i have no idea what other president elects have said privately to other countries. I am positive they gave indications of how they felt on the topics of the day.

In the end this is another so what issue. There are going to bigger things to worry about.
    The bold part is what is being alleged, hence my comment. Now, from past experience (with Hillary Clinton) we know that the FBI is really not into indicting people that might piss off the current administration and the politically connected, hence my comment about lawlessness. The FBI already has decided not to pursue charges against Flynn.

3. Doesn't hurt that no one has ever been convicted of violating the Logan act? 1 indictment in the early 1800s? Some would even say the language is too broad and possibly unconstitutional.

At least we have some history of convicting those who mishandle classified information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Anyone remember Obama telling Russia that he can be more flexible after the election ?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Anyone remember Obama telling Russia that he can be more flexible after the election ?
    It all hinges on the private citizen aspect? The Logan act is worthless and historically it's only been used for political saber rattling.

Anyone with basic googling skills, knows this. Yet some throw it out there like it's the eleventh commandment. I guess it makes them feel better.

It all hinges on the private citizen aspect? The Logan act is worthless and historically it's only been used for political saber rattling.

Anyone with basic googling skills, knows this. Yet some throw it out there like it's the eleventh commandment. I guess it makes them feel better.
    Just because it hasn't been used recently to charge someone doesn't mean it doesn't exists. There are a number of laws on the books that are rarely used to charge someone, but that doesn't mean we can ignore them.

Apart from the Logan Act, there are other crimes that come into play in the cover up. There are also serious national security implications. However, since it was one of President Trump's guys it is OK.

My biggest problem with Flynn is that he lied and the WH was apparently OK with that until it became public.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Just because it hasn't been used recently to charge someone doesn't mean it doesn't exists. There are a number of laws on the books that are rarely used to charge someone, but that doesn't mean we can ignore them.

Apart from the Logan Act, there are other crimes that come into play in the cover up. There are also serious national security implications. However, since it was one of President Trump's guys it is OK.

My biggest problem with Flynn is that he lied and the WH was apparently OK with that until it became public.
    Give it up. It has nothing to do with recent. It's never been successfully prosecuted in 200 years. You repeatedly posting over and over doesn't make it any more viable.

If your thing is to be a parrot of the me too media, you are doing a great job. The rest of us prefer to think for oursleves and not be led by the "Oh my God" moments they manufacture.

8. Hmm....... and according to the the NY Post.

Flynn’s fall should have the intel community in the hot seat | New York Post

Team Clinton spoke with foreign officials as they prepared to take power after Bill Clinton beat George H.W. Bush in 1992. Before and after Obama triumphed in the 2008 elections, his team reached out to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to reassure him that Bush’s policy of isolation would end

Give it up. It has nothing to do with recent. It's never been successfully prosecuted in 200 years. You repeatedly posting over and over doesn't make it any more viable.

If your thing is to be a parrot of the me too media, you are doing a great job. The rest of us prefer to think for oursleves and not be led by the "Oh my God" moments they manufacture.
    As I said, since it was one of President Trump's guys it is OK. I guess it's time to repeal the Logan Act then, right?

Hmm....... and according to the the NY Post.

Flynn’s fall should have the intel community in the hot seat | New York Post

Team Clinton spoke with foreign officials as they prepared to take power after Bill Clinton beat George H.W. Bush in 1992. Before and after Obama triumphed in the 2008 elections, his team reached out to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to reassure him that Bush’s policy of isolation would end
    This article states: "Simply put, the conversation Flynn had was not illegal." The NY Post simply does not know that. No one other than those having seen the classified transcripts know.

The FBI declared that they will not prosecute Flynn. That's the same FBI that declared they will not prosecute Hillary.

11. Remember this ??????

And there you go again putting words in my mouth/ post.

I am saying your opinion is on the fringe.

I also posted a New York post article that stated that Obama did the same thing. I am not calling for him to be prosecuted, so the whole idea that I am blind because it's Trump is just false
    You appear to have a major axe to grind over Trump. Which doesn't make the rest of us Trump pole smokers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast