Transgender student bathroom guidelines to change.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transgender student bathroom guidelines to change.

Transgender student bathroom guidelines to change.

For a nation that cannot discern the difference between male & female, a spark of common sense re-emerges.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

3. Hot Damn!!! Now I can use any tree on the right side the back yard.
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

This is what pi$$es me off about the reaction to just about everything Trump does. I heard on the radio this morning someone accusing Trump of being a bully to transgender kids. So let's see....

Obama issues "guidance" that says that schools have to let transgender students use whatever bathroom or locker room they want to or face consequences of losing Federal funding.

Trump cancels the guidance stating the reason that the executive branch of the Federal government should not be making these decisions and forcing that decision upon the states, but that it should be the states that makes these decisions.

Now which one was the bully?

IMHO, this is the way it should work,

A child is born as Samantha wants to be Sam instead and use the boys bathrooms. "He" takes "his" request to the school board who denies it.
    The state legislature gets wind of it and passes a law that Samanatha must use the facilities matching those on her birth certificate.
    Sam now files a lawsuit in court claiming discrimination.
    The courts (all the way up to the US Supreme Court) decide whether or not the school board's decision and the law passed by the legislature is discrimination or not.
    The state Supreme Court decision would be binding upon all schools in that state (if the State Supreme Court worded their decision that way).
    The US Supreme Court decision could be binding upon all schools in the country if they used the 14th amendment to apply it that way.

Donald Trump was exactly correct in this - the executive branch of the Federal government should not have a part in this. Trump is not prohibiting Samantha from calling herself Sam and using the boys bathroom. All Trump is saying is that it should not be the executive branch of the Federal government that forces schools to allow it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. If I was a teen ager named John and I was allowed to use the rest room , changing room or shower of my choice .
    I would call myself Johnanna and spend most of my time in the female rooms.

If a young guy thought he was or wanted to be a female ,I wonder haw many would get an erection being in the girls showers with naked girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    If I was a teen ager named John and I was allowed to use the rest room , changing room or shower of my choice .
    I would call myself Johnanna and spend most of my time in the female rooms.

If a young guy thought he was or wanted to be a female ,I wonder haw many would get an erection being in the girls showers with naked girls.
    You've obviously spent no time with the LGBT community. If you had, you'd realize that anyone who wants to go from John to Johanna is more likely to become aroused in the changing room with the gender they were born into. That being the case, they're also more likely to have their brains smashed into the floor or the lockers by their own gender when that happens. Which is why they want to be with the gender where they feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fewe2 View Post
    You've obviously spent no time with the LGBT community. If you had, you'd realize that anyone who wants to go from John to Johanna is more likely to become aroused in the changing room with the gender they were born into. That being the case, they're also more likely to have their brains smashed into the floor or the lockers by their own gender when that happens. Which is why they want to be with the gender where they feel comfortable.
    Don't forget that some people who change gender identification are also gay. That is, a guy who becomes a gal may still be attracted to females.

Apparently the incidence of this issue is only about 1/10th of 1% among kids, according to the news on the major networks that covered it last night in depth.

Growing up during the 1960's and 1970's, I only noticed a total of 3 kids -- two adolescent males and one adolescent female -- who seemed a bit odd with respect to gender identity (as it is now being called).

The two juvie males wore their sweaters like girls -- draped over their shoulders.

The juvie female was a thin athlete on the girls' track team. Years later we all learned at the reunions that she was really hermaphroditic -- her genitalia were female but her gonads were male -- while she had testicles they were internal where ovaries usually go.

Over the years I have met only one more hermaphroditic person -- she was female but with a beard. She worked as a paralegal at a firm in San Fran.

So the incidence of occurrence is really low for this sort of thing in childhood and adolescence.

I am not sure why the Fed's need to get involved in it. Seems like it is more appropriately a school board issue within the various States.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Don't forget that some people who change gender identification are also gay. That is, a guy who becomes a gal may still be attracted to females.
    Reba, your ignorance is on display again..... where did you learn such ignorance... in church?

Myth #4: Transgender people are gay.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender we see ourselves as being. The other is what gender(s) and sex(es) we are physically and romantically attracted to.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Reba, your ignorance is on display again..... where did you learn such ignorance... in church?

Myth #4: Transgender people are gay.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate characteristics. One is what gender we see ourselves as being. The other is what gender(s) and sex(es) we are physically and romantically attracted to.
    Please re-read my post. "Don't forget that some people who change gender identification are also gay...."

"Some."

No, I didn't learn that at church. I learned that from having a transgender relative whose parent sends me all the latest and greatest news on transgender topics. That relative was a male who transitioned to a female and then married a female.

"Transgender people may be straight, lesbian, gay, or bisexual."

Transgender FAQ | GLAAD

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Please re-read my post. "Don't forget that some people who change gender identification are also gay...."

"Some."

No, I didn't learn that at church. I learned that from having a transgender relative whose parent sends me all the latest and greatest news on transgender topics. That relative was a male who transitioned to a female and then married a female.

"Transgender people may be straight, lesbian, gay, or bisexual."

Transgender FAQ | GLAAD
    Once someone does the transgender thing then all the usual normal definitions get really foggy though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast