U.S. Debt Was $19,947,304,555,212 On Jan. 20th… You’ll Be Stunned At Where It Is Now. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S. Debt Was $19,947,304,555,212 On Jan. 20th… You’ll Be Stunned At Where It Is Now.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    A percentage point or three rise in GDP will never be enough to lower the country's debt. The country has been running at 100%+ ratio of debt to GDP since at least near the beginning of Obama's second term. That means debt has been rising faster than the whole wad of GDP, and for years preceding that circumstance, economists were saying that the "point of no return" was in the 85% to 90% debt to GDP ratio, meaning that even if GDP were slightly out-pacing debt, the country would still be heading inexorably towards a crash.

Taxes collected every year don't even cover the interest on the out-of-control debt this government runs. And $21+ trillion is hardly the extent of it either. Unfunded liabilities ("debt") is close to $114 trillion right now, over and above the $21+ trillion usually cited in these lame-brained discussions.

This is just one more example of Trump either being a fool or of him taking credit for that which approximately 105 years of economic blunders have led this country to the brink of. He's a fool to tell people the economy is doing great when it's been in a slow crash and burn since the first raid on the non-existent SSI "lock-box" when politicians knew without a doubt that whatever "surplus" existed at the time could be used to stave off the system's defacto bankrupt state when baby-boomers started filling the rolls as the majority of "beneficiaries." As baby-boomers, we don't "benefit" from the system, we literally steal the forced contributions by young workers who will never see a dime back of what was stolen from them. Only in America. 'Murica! Right, ops?

This is hardly a partisan rant. Both political "sides" bear responsibility, and so does the Supreme Court. What's "normal" today would've been deal-breakers to the signers of any or all of this country's founding documents. The economy is still a Category 5 crap-storm stagnating just offshore and waiting for the right winds of change to blow it across the country from sea to shining sea, and there ain't a damned thing Trump or any other president can do about it.

Putting one's faith in one man or one political faction of men to fix it, is just as ignorant and uninformed as blaming one man or one political faction of men for the economic crash that will hit in almost all of our lifetimes. The economy has already crashed. The government, Fox News and CNNMSNBCCBSABC just hasn't told you about it yet. They all sell a helluva lot more soap when you're blissfully ignorant than when you are fully informed.

Blues
    Your comment is on point, logical and bipartisan. I’m in full agreement. The sad things is that the deficit truly ain’t going away. The notion of balancing the budget is a farce that both sides play along with.
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

The U.S. National Debt Clock is a terrific resources. It's a shame he posts nothing but raw number. No ratios or trends of ratios over time so we can see whether things are improving or getting worse.
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    Your comment is on point, logical and bipartisan. I’m in full agreement. The sad things is that the deficit truly ain’t going away. The notion of balancing the budget is a farce that both sides play along with.
    Correction: My comment is non-partisan. I rarely waste time with petty personality traits of any politician. I try to only stick to substantive issues that affect the widest majority of Americans regardless of their party affiliations. If my comment was truly on point in your view, then learn from it, and stop with all the profane rants directed at specific members of this site that I've seen from you recently. Facing the reality of either the soon-to-happen, or already-happened economic crash will clearly demonstrate to all the abject idiocy of holding onto partisanship. When the 104 or 105% debt to GDP ratio reaches its logical conclusion, hyperinflation will hit so hard that it will make Wiemar look like a mild recession. There will be no internet, the grid will crash along with the economy, and while you're struggling to survive the cold of winter or the heat of summer, your extreme partisanship ain't gonna help you raise the $1 million dollar price tag for a freakin' loaf of bread. Simple math proves that escaping the crash is a mathematical impossibility. When you build your nation out of cards, there is no restoring it when its foundations begin crumbling. It must fall to the ground before you can start rebuilding it. Once it falls, survival is all you'll worry about. Partisanship will be the very last thing on your mind, so why not train your mind towards survival rather than rank, uninspired partisanship? Oh, I almost forgot..... Part of your partisanship is to be anti-prepper. Pfffft.

Trump is Obama, as was Obama Bush, as was Bush Clinton and so forth and so on all the way back to George Washington. The Constitution was dead before the ink was dry, as politicians and judges/justices started finding ways around its limitations on September 18, 1787 (the day after ratification) because that's what people who control the reins of power do, is exert control. No party or political faction in this country has ever deviated from that truism. None in the entire history of man, in fact. Partisanship is proof positive that the partisan is a blissfully ignorant sheep incapable of ordering his/her own life on their own terms.

Still think my previous comment was on point? If there's any objectivity in your partisan brain, you should.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Correction: My comment is non-partisan. I rarely waste time with petty personality traits of any politician. I try to only stick to substantive issues that affect the widest majority of Americans regardless of their party affiliations. If my comment was truly on point in your view, then learn from it, and stop with all the profane rants directed at specific members of this site that I've seen from you recently. Facing the reality of either the soon-to-happen, or already-happened economic crash will clearly demonstrate to all the abject idiocy of holding onto partisanship. When the 104 or 105% debt to GDP ratio reaches its logical conclusion, hyperinflation will hit so hard that it will make Wiemar look like a mild recession. There will be no internet, the grid will crash along with the economy, and while you're struggling to survive the cold of winter or the heat of summer, your extreme partisanship ain't gonna help you raise the $1 million dollar price tag for a freakin' loaf of bread. Simple math proves that escaping the crash is a mathematical impossibility. When you build your nation out of cards, there is no restoring it when its foundations begin crumbling. It must fall to the ground before you can start rebuilding it. Once it falls, survival is all you'll worry about. Partisanship will be the very last thing on your mind, so why not train your mind towards survival rather than rank, uninspired partisanship? Oh, I almost forgot..... Part of your partisanship is to be anti-prepper. Pfffft.

Trump is Obama, as was Obama Bush, as was Bush Clinton and so forth and so on all the way back to George Washington. The Constitution was dead before the ink was dry, as politicians and judges/justices started finding ways around its limitations on September 18, 1787 (the day after ratification) because that's what people who control the reins of power do, is exert control. No party or political faction in this country has ever deviated from that truism. None in the entire history of man, in fact. Partisanship is proof positive that the partisan is a blissfully ignorant sheep incapable of ordering his/her own life on their own terms.

Still think my previous comment was on point? If there's any objectivity in your partisan brain, you should.

Blues
    I actually do agree with SOME of what you said. Not all . . .
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123