Calguns goes after DOJ "policy" instead of fighting to overturn the laws themselves - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calguns goes after DOJ "policy" instead of fighting to overturn the laws themselves

Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    Note:

Please remain on point when replying to this question. If you are going to respond by claiming "registration is OK" (which it is NOT) or "it's impossible to contest these blah blah" please don't bother to reply, start your own thread. I am looking for people who WANT to overturn these laws in the COURTS and like myself have been looking for people who will ACTUALLY DO THAT.

Please answer the following question "yes" or "no." If "yes" please let me know by private message or by reply in this thread what you have done or who you think would be good to connect with to move these cases forward if you have already found a lawyer.

Has anyone yet seriously consulted with their lawyer about (challenging the CA Gunpocalypse laws)? To ask their lawyer / legal advisor:

1) What are the requirements and timeline for challenging these (CA) laws in federal court (possibly under 42 USC § 1983) and and how long do I (or anyone else for that matter) have to do so now that the bills have been signed into law?

2) What is the process for developing a case such that various people across the state could become involved as plaintiffs in a bill of peace, a.k.a. class action lawsuit?
    The point is that in California your only hope left is living in Sacramento.

There is no other hope.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    If you resist state law in California they will haul your azz off to prison.

And the NRA won't be able to save you either because as Scalia points out in Heller, States' Rights (10th Amendment) supersedes Gun Rights (2nd Amendment).

There is no hope left in California -- other than moving to Sacramento while this current sheriff is in office there.
    And again, the usual BS about Scalia's opinion that the poster can't back up with quotes. Also, the NRA has a different agenda anyway.

Take hopeless talk to another thread

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    If you resist state law in California they will haul your azz off to prison.

And the NRA won't be able to save you either because as Scalia points out in Heller, States' Rights (10th Amendment) supersedes Gun Rights (2nd Amendment).

There is no hope left in California -- other than moving to Sacramento while this current sheriff is in office there.
    Regarding Scalia and the 10th Amendment you are wrong. Scalia doesn't state that in Heller at all. You've simply put words in a dead Justice's mouth.

I would also direct you to a good resource on issues related to the so-called "States rights" in the matter from therealwritewinger, who correctly points out in substantial detail, that States have no rights to deny rights. That is why the preening legislatures (and lower courts) can certainly engage in unconstitutional actions, but (fortunately) we have a variety ways to resist those actions (and appealing those decisions up as far as the [now restored] U.S. Supreme Court is just one of those methods).

By the way, therealwritewinger recently scored a victory against CA (you know, that place where you described things as being totally hopeless). Post on that here.

Please take hopeless talk to another thread.

Resistance (to unconstitutional laws) is the name of the game here, it's what we do. If you are not down with that, you're in the wrong shop, brother.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

I am making a special post here to ask HKS to stop posting in this thread and make his own thread for his rants.

I also wish to reiterate that the question issued earlier in this post stands:

Has anyone yet seriously consulted with their lawyer about (challenging the CA Gunpocalypse laws)? To ask their lawyer / legal advisor:

1) What are the requirements and timeline for challenging these (CA) laws in federal court (possibly under 42 USC § 1983) and and how long do I (or anyone else for that matter) have to do so now that the bills have been signed into law?

2) What is the process for developing a case such that various people across the state could become involved as plaintiffs in a bill of peace, a.k.a. class action lawsuit?

Please remain on point when replying to this question. If you are going to respond by claiming "registration is OK" (which it is NOT) or "it's impossible to contest these blah blah" or "it's hopeless" please don't bother to reply, JUST START YOUR OWN THREAD, DON'T REPLY HERE.

I am looking for people who WANT to overturn these laws in the COURTS and like myself have been looking for people who will ACTUALLY DO THAT. If you are NOT THAT PERSON OR PERSONS, DON'T REPLY! Simple.

If "yes" you do have an answer or are planning what I contemplated above in questions (1) and (2), please let me know by private message or by reply in this thread what you have done or who you think would be good to connect with to move these cases forward if you have already found a lawyer.

I will continue to monitor Coalition for Civil Liberties who says they are filing lawsuit(s) this week. We will see if they do or not (some organizations have said they will but haven't yet bothered to, so if they don't by Friday I'll assume they were just leading us on in hopes of getting donations).

Again if you can answer the two questions above and stay on point great, but please don't reply to this thread if you are going to put down this effort. Start your own thread.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12