Obama poised to end waterboarding - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama poised to end waterboarding

Five years after most of them were captured. Five years with no trial, no legal representation, not even a charge.
    And when have POW's been given trials and legal representation while the war was going on? These are not even POW's. They are illegal combatants involved in conducting war while dressed as civilians. They can reasonably and legally be shot on the spot as spies/saboteurs/terrorists. They have no Constitutional protections. They have no Geneva Convention protection. When you break all the rules, you are subject to treatment without rules. They have been extremely well taken care of. No heads have been sawed off. No bamboo strips in their fingernails. They get their religious books and are pointed to Mecca. They are well fed. At this point, I doubt that they have any intelligence value. I agree it's now time to give them a military trial and a firing squad for those found guilty of being illegal combatants.

So try again defending murderous terrorists that would hide among the civilians and attempt to murder Americans. You're wrong. Your attitude will result in the deaths of Americans both in and out of the military. I pray it won't be me or mine or any of the innocent Americans.

By the way, the Messiah is now "postponing" the trials that the whining left has been crying for. So much for the leftist call for trials.
    Last edited by maybejim; 01-22-2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    They can reasonably and legally be shot on the spot as spies/saboteurs/terrorists.
    Absolutely. Catch them on the battlefield shooting at us, they deserve what they get. However, the vast majority of them were reported by people who were making money to tell on someone. Turned out they would tell on anyone just to make the money. Like what happened to this guy:

Chef who was held on false claim vanishes into Morocco - Times Online

So try again defending murderous terrorists that would hide among the civilians and attempt to murder Americans. You're wrong. Your attitude will result in the deaths of Americans both in and out of the military. I pray it won't be me or mine or any of the innocent Americans.
    Up yours, you stupid jerk. I have never committed an act of treason like defending murderous terrorists. I'm talking about the hundreds of guys that we rounded up on the say-so of some guy "just lookin' to get paid". YOU are wrong. Let's see someone lock YOU up for years, perform a little "enhanced interrogation", allow you contact with no one, and at the end just let you go without an acknowledgment of the mistake. My America isn't supposed to do stuff like that. The country you are looking for is a bit east of us and was defeated in 1945. It is your attitude and willful ignorance of the facts that is likely to get people killed.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

4. Obama poised

When I was employed by the Arizona DOC, they instituted a Boot Camp for young offenders. It was patterned after the USMC Boot Camp, designed to tear down an individual and rebuild him to an ideal. For the USMC, it was to make the recruit a lean, mean fighting machine. In the case of the DOC, it was to make the young frist-time offender a better citizen. The Instructors wore woodland camo uniforms and Smokie hats. Well, right away, the parents of the offenders began crying to the DOC about how their babies were going to be treated. The DOC ruled that there wopuld be no swearing, no yelling at a boot, no punishments usually seen in boot camps for military personnel, and so on and so forth. By the time they were done, they had torn the guts out of the program, and the results showed the fallacy of making the Instructors act more like Mr. Rogers than Sgt. Stryker, of Sands of Iwo Jima fame. The people they are dealing with at Gitmo are terrorists, plain and simple, and we need information on other terrorists and they know about them. When my grandfather was a cop, as he put it, they would tell a guy, "You have good looks and information. We are going in that room and when we come out we will have the information, and you must decide if you still have your good looks." That was in the 1920's. Today, the officer would at least face an internal investigation.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 01-22-2009 at 03:02 AM.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

However, the vast majority of them were reported by people who were making money to tell on someone.
    That's not my understanding. Of course I have no doubt that is what the terrorists claim. They understand the politics and the PC America.

Up yours, you stupid jerk.
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

Let's see someone lock YOU up for years, perform a little "enhanced interrogation",
    That's the kind of baseless hyperbole that has caused me to respond in the first place. All the whining about "rights" Americans have lost, all the claims of "Americans" being spied upon, all without any evidence and all with a misrepresentation of what has been going on.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Cool Yeah, right.

That's not my understanding. Of course I have no doubt that is what the terrorists claim. They understand the politics and the PC America.
    Well, your understanding is incomplete. Also, I am sure that some poor goat herder in the hills has such an amazing understanding of PC America and the convolutions of her politics.

That's the kind of baseless hyperbole that has caused me to respond in the first place. All the whining about "rights" Americans have lost, all the claims of "Americans" being spied upon, all without any evidence and all with a misrepresentation of what has been going on.
    What do you mean "hyperbole"? Buy a dictionary. Baseless? I was asking how you would feel in the same situation. Merriam-Webster would be my recommendation.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Well, your understanding is incomplete
    Couldn't tell that from you.

What do you mean "hyperbole"? Buy a dictionary. Baseless? I was asking how you would feel in the same situation. Merriam-Webster would be my recommendation.
    I said exactly what I meant. I try to do that.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123