Is Something Strange Happening Inside The Earth? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Is Something Strange Happening Inside The Earth?

I can't say that the earthquake occurrences are of the magnitude mentioned in the Bible but none of us can say they have to be of a certain strength to be those mentioned by Jesus. There is another theory (with which I happen to disagree) that says that the Rapture will occur DURING the Tribulation Period and, another which believes the Rapture will occur only at the END of the tribulation.

As you, I am placing my hopes on a Pre-tribulation Rapture.

3/31/17

6.6 magnitude earthquake hits near Kamchatsk Staryy, Russia
    5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Bitung, Indonesia
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits South of Panama
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Ohonua, Tonga
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Santa Cruz das Flores, Portugal
    5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Merizo Village, Guam
    5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Kamchatsk Staryy, Russia
    5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Lagoa, Portugal
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Bilungala, Indonesia
    Klyuchevskoy volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 25,000ft
    Kambalny volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 20,000ft
    Popocateptl volcano in Mexico erupts to 19,000ft
    Sinabung volcano in Indonesia erupts to 15,000ft
    Turrialba volcano in Costa Rica erupts to 14,000ft
    5.6 magnitude earthquake hits near Tinabogan, Indonesia
    5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Pijijiapan, Mexico
    5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Visokoi Island, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Kokopo, Papua New Guinea
    5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Ust'-Kamchatsk Staryy, Russia
    5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Kokopo, Papua New Guinea
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Kimbe, Papua New Guinea
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Visokoi Island, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Hihifo, Tonga
    Klyuchevksoy volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 25,000ft
    Kambalny volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 20,000ft
    Reventador volcano in Ecuador erupts to 12,500ft
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post

"Some are far beyond the reach of reason, facts, evidence and science. Lost in the vast ignorance of their fantasy."

Ignorance can be defined as a lack of knowledge. Those who are ignorant of Bible teachings are the ones fantasizing about it being untrue and seem to have open hostility about it and those who are Bible believers.
    Yea, I'm not up on the Harry Potter books either, but many are. To base anything on fiction is willful ignorance.... as for the rest of your post which I didn't include, it is merely based on that willful ignorance. An ignorance that is dangerous to mankind's future as it stifles and is hostile toward actual knowledge.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Are we really experiencing more earthquakes or are we just getting better at detecting them and making public the detections? I wonder that too, about all natural phenomena such as hurricanes and climate variations.

We have mostly unnoticeable earthquakes where I live just about every month. Once in a while we have one that I notice. We're probably overdue for another big one. The last one was 1886 (6.9-7.3).

That being said, I wouldn't wait for an earthquake to warn me to check on my relationship with God. No one has a guarantee of one's next breath of life.
    The USGS and others clearly state that their ability to detect earthquakes is vastly improved over the years. Astronomy is detecting new objects all the time, not because they are "new" but that new or improved technology has allowed them to detect the objects. On the other end of the spectrum, the microscope allowed science to detect things too small to see, down to the building blocks of atoms, even down to detecting particles that atoms are made of.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

. . .

Amen! :)

I can't say that the earthquake occurrences are of the magnitude mentioned in the Bible but none of us can say they have to be of a certain strength to be those mentioned by Jesus.

The only earthquake occurrences pertaining to magnitude are mentioned during Ezekiel 38 (Gog-Magog War)..18 "And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground".

And also during the 7 years of the tribulation... "In this FINAL "Bowl Judgment", Almighty God will proclaim to ALL His creation, "IT IS DONE!" and will cause every global tectonic fault line to move out of their place and institute a global earthquake that is absolutely incomprehensible(Rev. 16:17). This earthquake will be so EXPONENTIALLY catastrophic, so EXPONENTIALLY horrific, so EXPONENTIALLY ravishing that it will completely transform and ravish the entire world's continents causing super tsunamis, obliterating all islands, coastlines and mountains. It will obliterate ALL of the world's great cities, technologies and millions of human lives will be wiped out (Isa. 24:5-6, Hag 2:6, 7, Rev. 16:18-20).

I believe all other earthquakes prophesied pertaining to “different places” are Birth Pangs.

Amen OG, I too am placing my faith in the "Blessed Hope", aka the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

4/3/17

5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Cerro Punta, Panama
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Sungaipenuh, Indonesia
    5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Amsterdam Island, France
    5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Stilfontein, South Africa
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Lata, Solomon Islands
    3.0 earthquake hits Ohio
    Sabancaya volcano in Peru erupts to 30,000ft
    Kambalny volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 26,000ft
    Feugo volcano in Guatemala erupts to 25,000ft
    Klyuchevskoy volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 25,000ft
    Reventador volcano in Ecuador erupts to 16,000ft
    Sheveluch volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 15,000ft
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

Chicken little shat himself again.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Is Something Strange Happening Inside The Earth?-pajenry_by_laoperz.gifChicken little shat himself again.
    There have been: (M1.5 or greater)

75 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
    672 earthquakes in the past 7 days
    3,178 earthquakes in the past 30 days
    38,136 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The biggest earthquakes:

today: 6.5 in Moijabana, Central, Botswana
    this week: 6.6 in Ust’-Kamchatsk Staryy, Kamtsjatka, Russia
    this month: 6.6 in Ust’-Kamchatsk Staryy, Kamtsjatka, Russia
    this year: 7.9 in Panguna, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    There have been: (M1.5 or greater)

75 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
    672 earthquakes in the past 7 days
    3,178 earthquakes in the past 30 days
    38,136 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The biggest earthquakes:

today: 6.5 in Moijabana, Central, Botswana
    this week: 6.6 in Ust’-Kamchatsk Staryy, Kamtsjatka, Russia
    this month: 6.6 in Ust’-Kamchatsk Staryy, Kamtsjatka, Russia
    this year: 7.9 in Panguna, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea
    First off jackwagon, you don't get to add anything to what I posted when you reply... that just effing dishonest.... but being a "good" christian you would never do that..... Right?

Now to address your chicken little panic attack, and hopefully a new pair of depends.... and your numbers are low, but don't let the facts interfere with your irrational fear of the boogie man or what ever.

It is estimated that there are 500,000 detectable earthquakes in the world each year. 100,000 of those can be felt, and 100 of them cause damage.
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/facts.php

You better be off to Sam's or Costco and load up on some more adult diapers.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast